Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers best Foreign 18

glen9mullan

Friedel

Berg - Nelsen - Samba

Emerton - Tugay - N'Zonzi - Pedersen

Yakubu - Santa Cruz - McCarthy  

J.Jones, Gestede, Ooijer, Martin Olsson, Filan, Roberts, McCarthy

Formation is a bit gung ho, but this would be my 18! Based on Rovers achievements.

Career wise

Friedel

Salgado - Berg - Nelsen - Babbel

Emerton - Tugay - D.Baggio - Djorkaeff

Yorke, Santa Cruz 

Ooijer, Yakubu, Hakan Sukur, N'Zonzi, Neill, McCarthy, Nuno Gomes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Friedel

Berg - Nelsen - Samba

Formation is a bit gung ho, but this would be my 18! Based on Rovers achievements.

Career wise

Friedel

Yorke, Santa Cruz 

No Ardiles? He had a pretty decent career.

A lot of names that seem to reoccur are nelsen, samba, Salgado, pedersen, emerton, n'zonzi, ooijer. If I'm not mistaken all of those players were either driven out or sold by Steve Kean. To think what that arsehole inherited and what he left us with. If only we could see what he was trying to do was his and sky sports line.

Wheh I saw this I thought it was a great upbeat positive thread where I could reminisce about great players. But ultimate has only reminded me of the cretin that started this downfall to where we find ourselves today.

Oh well it was nice not to remember the current hell for an hour or so. 

If I was to pick Rovers Galatico Team I would go with: 

-----------Friedel-------

Salgado--Babbell--Berg--Givet

-------N'Zonzi---Tugay

---------Djorkaeff--------

---McCarthy--Santa Cruz---Yorke 

That team is based off what they achieved :) and reputation. 

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Friedel

Berg - Nelsen - Samba

Career wise

Friedel

Yorke, Santa Cruz 

It's a shame we didn't get more out of Hakan Suker, what a gifted player he was.

1 hour ago, Hikhod said:

Can't be arsed to put a full team down, so I'll just state my fav, Roque Santa Cruz. Many will say, no way, Tugay.. But for me, I've no rose tinted specs, I said it then and I'll say it now, Tugay was resposibile for as many conceded as scored..

Ban worthy

17 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Likewise Vogel. I'll try a full 18 this evening.

Potentially De Pedro too.

I remember running around the room in excitement when reading on teletext that we'd signed him! Easily the biggest disappointment in my time watching Rovers. 

2 minutes ago, Saxo4eva42 said:

You mean YOUR principles? Attack and FCK team stability..

Sir, if you cannot appreciate the subtle nuances of Tugay Kerimoglu in the centre of midfield, then you are an arse and clueless about football.

No point in debating this with you on this, it's a given, like how the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 

3 minutes ago, Boz said:

Sir, if you cannot appreciate the subtle nuances of Tugay Kerimoglu in the centre of midfield, then you are an arse and clueless about football.

No point in debating this with you on this, it's a given, like how the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 

i prefer flitcroft, batty, Sherwood, dunn, Atkins ffs!

What did we win with Tugay in midfield? Feck all. Theres a reason he remained at rovers you know..

Tugay may have got caught in possession a few times towards the end but I reckon for every goal conceded opportunity he created 20 opportunities at the other end. 

The ability to pick the ball off the centre halves, ping the ball across the length and width of the pitch to whoevers boot he desired. His vision and sublime talent was a joy to behold. For me hands down 2nd best player I've ever seen behind only Shearer in a rovers shirt. 

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Tugay may have got caught in possession a few times towards the end but I reckon for every goal conceded opportunity he created 20 opportunities at the other end. 

The ability to pick the ball off the centre halves, ping the ball across the length and width of the pitch to whoevers boot he desired. His vision and sublime talent was a joy to behold. For me hands down 2nd best player I've ever seen behind only Shearer in a rovers shirt. 

Not what I saw. That's the romanticised version of his game I read again and again. Nonsense.

Archived