BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can imagine owning Asda would be a huge headache.  Although expect them to pop up Asda express in all of the sites instead of Spar etc  6,000 new stores immediately

This could kill off Greggs and Spar

Depends on the contract break terms.

Greggs are probably pretty unbreakable.

Spar are global.

If those two see the Asda deal as a threat don't be surprised by a hostile reaction.

Asda is usually assessed as the most vulnerable/weakest national supermarket chain and two decades of Walmart ownership didn't solve it - hence the partial disposal.

Ocado are easily the hottest thing in British retail despite that fire destroying their automated warehouse 

It’s a fantastic story, local lads done good and more importantly they’ve not lost sight of local roots and stayed true to the town.

I wish them well.

Ps - Can you have a word with the 3 stooges in Pune? See if you can bring the club home, back into local ownership where it belongs. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 09:46, Gav said:

It’s a fantastic story, local lads done good and more importantly they’ve not lost sight of local roots and stayed true to the town.

I wish them well.

Ps - Can you have a word with the 3 stooges in Pune? See if you can bring the club home, back into local ownership where it belongs. 

There is no divine right to local ownership. In the case of Blackburn that may be a positive thing as (Jack aside) the local mentality isn't exactly beneficial to growth. 

You have some shameless nerve asking the Issas to purchase the club. You come on here and make claims about Jack Walker being mean to members of your family with insufficient explanation. You say nothing about FUP yet ask the Issas to buy something they won't even be able to spend whatever they like on. Plus all the years yourself and others insisted that "nobody would want to buy Rovers" so explain why they should after all that? As for the Walker family say no more!

As for the claims about being Man United fans. Is that 100% true as it's a vulgar accusation to make without absolute evidence. Even if it is it would be a stretch even with my level of hatred for United to discount their impact on the town. Plus if their children are Rovers fans that would suggest they take a deeper interest in football. Many United fans of course are very casual. 

Perhaps if the club went into administration they would step in (not saying that would have to be 100% they could be part of local consortium, etc) even if it wasn't long term. It's clear they value the community even if pumping millions into the local football club isn't their chosen method of philanthropy. Chances are I might not even be living in the town much longer and if that's the case I won't be coming back. I would sooner warn them about Rovers fans than persuade them at this point in my life. There's no point anyone investing in football unless they feel it's the only option (to save a club they support) or ambition which is currently deemed illegal.

• Like 2

Blackburn the HQ of Euro Garages and now Accrington will be getting some publicity in "the city".

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18778652.accrington-pie-owners-sell-biscuit-brand-ferrero-giants-whopping-246million/

Two huge local deals (albeit not on the Issas Asda scale) less than 14 days apart. Maybe I'm (possibly) moving away at the wrong time!

Should point out that the Issas donated 20 million via their foundation last year. It will be interesting to see if the figures are equal or higher in 12 months given what a huge step they have taken. That's not to say long term failure is my prediction as few seem to be betting against them right now. Using admittedly basic inflation techniques (and no expertise on the steel industry) my calculations for Walkersteel was over 800 million. 

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bet in 1989 nobody said "that Jack Walker should buy Rovers". Yet it would have made more sense than suggesting the Issas should. Jack's involvement with the club (aside from buying tickets of course) went back to at least 1979 (sponsorship) and possibly before that. Euro Garages aren't even a sponsor.

Edited by Vinjay

3 hours ago, Vinjay said:

I bet in 1989 nobody said "that Jack Walker should buy Rovers". Yet it would have made more sense than suggesting the Issas should. Jack's involvement with the club (aside from buying tickets of course) went back to at least 1979 (sponsorship) and possibly before that. Euro Garages aren't even a sponsor.

Jack was a lifelong supporter.

He was at Bury when the railway bridge collapsed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No where else to vent my anger/disbelief at what I've just seen.

I live on a main road and often see speed of cars passing by. However, was out just now and never have I seen the speed of an idiot just now, must have exceeded 100mph. Woman driver he or she over took was stationary and shook her head. 

Just hope this thoughtless moron doesn't go on to kill anyone.

End of rant.  

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Can anyone tell me of a good gym in the Blackburn area? Preferably a bit posh, no meat heads and full of attractive ladies in their 30's and 40's. 😉

Here you go 👍

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Gym-Physical-Fitness-Center/WomanZone-Gym-366641040074721/

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Gav

Just watching Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo. Preston to Rochdale, via Hebden Bridge. Featured Preston, Hoghton Tower, got off at Pleasington, got off at Church & Oswaldtwitle for a stay at the Dunkenhalgh, back on at Accy then on to Rochdale. Neither showed nor mentioned Blackburn once.

14 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just watching Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo. Preston to Rochdale, via Hebden Bridge. Featured Preston, Hoghton Tower, got off at Pleasington, got off at Church & Oswaldtwitle for a stay at the Dunkenhalgh, back on at Accy then on to Rochdale. Neither showed nor mentioned Blackburn once.

What station was that on ? I'd like to watch it.

On 23/02/2021 at 19:58, Claytons Left Boot said:

I'm pretty sure he has done the Blackburn to Manchester line as part of a previous episode.  As I recall he stayed in the Strawbury Duck at Entwistle.

Edit - he did, here https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002fl0 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Protesters bringing major roads in Blackburn to a standstill at rush hour was disgusting yesterday.Young Asain 'dizzyheads' in high powered cars blocking the roads waving Palestinian flags with not a Police car in sight for a long time.

This town is hitting rock bottom.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• 1 month later...