BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn

I'm not sure if anybody else has been following the Aya Hachem murder case which has been going on for about ten weeks now. Six of the seven defendants have been found guilty of murder and attempted murder and one guilty of manslaughter. Aya was the innocent victim of what was an intended drive by shooting which came about because of two businesses on King Street being at loggerheads. The Lancashire Telegraph has been really good in their coverage in what has been a quite compelling trial. I felt that all the defendants were telling lies and I hope now that justice is served. Credit to just to to Lancashire Constabulary for their thoroughness and professionalism.

I hope Aya's family can take some comfort in the verdict.

• Like 6

On 03/08/2021 at 17:30, arbitro said:

I'm not sure if anybody else has been following the Aya Hachem murder case which has been going on for about ten weeks now. Six of the seven defendants have been found guilty of murder and attempted murder and one guilty of manslaughter. Aya was the innocent victim of what was an intended drive by shooting which came about because of two businesses on King Street being at loggerheads. The Lancashire Telegraph has been really good in their coverage in what has been a quite compelling trial. I felt that all the defendants were telling lies and I hope now that justice is served. Credit to just to to Lancashire Constabulary for their thoroughness and professionalism.

I hope Aya's family can take some comfort in the verdict.

Aya's killers have been sentenced to over 200 years collectively. Hopefully they never see the light of day again.

https://www.lancashire.police.uk/news/2021/august/seven-men-jailed-for-more-than-200-years-for-the-murder-of-aya-hachem/

• Like 2

On 05/08/2021 at 13:52, arbitro said:

Aya's killers have been sentenced to over 200 years collectively. Hopefully they never see the light of day again.

https://www.lancashire.police.uk/news/2021/august/seven-men-jailed-for-more-than-200-years-for-the-murder-of-aya-hachem/

Watching the video on the news it’s just so sad that a lovely young girl was murdered in such a pointless manner. If she’d have been a second or two slower walking down the road she might have survived.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gav said:

What a great gesture by the towns taxi drivers, I bet it meant so much to Donnas family and friends.

Restores your faith in people a story like this, superb

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19512115.taxi-drivers-line-pay-final-respects-council-worker/

Donna started at Blackburn Council at the same time as me and she’s the same age too. Sad to hear she’s passed away at such a relatively young age. RIP

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fox n Hounds looking very nice with makover....opens this Friday I believe.

Lets face it, the place needed a makeover in all departments!

Hopefully the new management will be able to attract trade outside of football days to make the place profitable.

I wish them well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19695918.queens-platinum-jubilee-blackburn-bid-city-status/

From a very selfish point of view I'd rather us remain a small town who's football team has regularly punched above its weight, but I know city status would open up a whole host of opportunities for the town and its communities.

Good luck.  

• Moderation Lead

Off to watch Working Men’s Club at the Electric Church just now! 
(Former Live Lounge). They supported New Order and were bang on, plus I’d heard them on 6 Music a lot.

For £6 and £4.80 train fare, it was a no brainier, tbh.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2021 at 00:15, Gav said:

AJ Odudu - Doing Blackburn proud, with the odd reference to the mighty Blackburn Rovers thrown in for good measure.

went to the Real Cinema in the town centre for the firstvtime the other week (watched dune and was pretty underwhelmed l...) 

really wasnt impressed with the auditoriums! the screen was much small than I'm used to at the pictures and the image quality was pretty poor(really soft focused) no wonder people prefer to justcwatch films at home when most of us now have tvs with far better picture quality then the averages cinema. Also the room wasn't remotely dark even once the film started, didnt help having an emergency exit a few feet to the left of the screen with all the lights.

So a real disappointing experience, When i firstvheard they where openening an new independent cinema in Blackburn i was hoping for something along the lines of The cornerhouse/Home cinema in Manchester 🙌 but this is just a miniature vue really. 

cheap though, but that's about it. 

p. s. sorry i seem to have mistakely quoted gav there and can't now simply delete it. this site is pretty glichy i find. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Go on AJ, went to school with her older sisters, they were regulars in our fantastic summer musical productions, so obviously runs in the family…

they went to olsj in the mid 90s didnt they? sure one of the Odudu girls was a couple of years below me

Still not enough to make me  want to watch the shite though.sorry

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 05:51, Mattyblue said:

Yeah Ruth and Anne… amazing what you can pluck out the deep vaults of your memory!

tbh i remembered because for a little while one of them kinda stalked me about the school for a while with her mate haha(now that I'm an old minger I'm not to modest to day I was a bloody good looking kid in my teens 😄😄) she was very nice 

I’ve just entered Blackburn 10k. Had no idea that it existed! Bit of a drive from Shrewsbury for a 9.30 start but couldn’t resist. Will be just after dads 2 year lost battle with MND and always enjoyed our time at Ewood together so could be a bit of an emotional nostalgic trip.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SamTheShrew said:

I’ve just entered Blackburn 10k. Had no idea that it existed! Bit of a drive from Shrewsbury for a 9.30 start but couldn’t resist. Will be just after dads 2 year lost battle with MND and always enjoyed our time at Ewood together so could be a bit of an emotional nostalgic trip.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1