BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s up to him, does he want it enough? Maybe this move will wake him up a it.

I'm with you.  Never got a sniff here...just got the impression he wasn't in Tony's "Get-Along-Gang" and being young struggled to navigate his way past smarter professionals who have the managers ear...the lad will do well when he matures.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm with you.  Never got a sniff here...just got the impression he wasn't in Tony's "Get-Along-Gang" and being young struggled to navigate his way past smarter professionals who have the managers ear...the lad will do well when he matures.

He had his chances and didn’t take them. Plenty of young players have seized their chances and are regularly involved in the match day squads. Travis being a prime example.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

He had his chances and didn’t take them. Plenty of young players have seized their chances and are regularly involved in the match day squads. Travis being a prime example.

He didn't have his chances. How many games did he start, even in L1? Very few yet when he played in L1 he looked a class above most. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He didn't have his chances. How many games did he start, even in L1? Very few yet when he played in L1 he looked a class above most. 

He’s had enough cameo appearances in the Champ and not done much. Said a lot that Middlesbrough were willing to let him go. Not saying he’s a write off and it will be interesting to see how he does over the next 3 months with a run of games. 

15 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Injuries permitting - which, I think, is a concern for him, based on his record - I think Chapman can do an Alan Judge and flourish in the Championship with another club, after being let go. I see Chapman, in a few years, playing at a higher level than Brereton - injuries permitting, again.

It's a shame that we won't get any money for him, assuming he leaves for a free this year. However, I'm partly glad he's going and will get an opportunity to prove himself, including his attitude, which has been cast doubt upon during his Rovers spell. Given the formation we play and the preference for persevering with Brereton and having Dolan and Rothwell, his chances were even more limited. Moreover, Shrewsbury have given him the No.10 position, based on his debut, and, I think that that might be his best position, especially, if, as it seems, he has lost some pace as a result of injuries.

Brereton will be playing in the Prem within a few years.

Possibly even internationally (with Chile).

Chapman will be nowhere near that.

A few stepovers and goals in League 1 won’t change that.

52 minutes ago, Andy said:

I like to see a confident player Ben. Good luck next week against QPR, if you get selected that is.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

As much as Brereton has improved this season he is nowhere near Prem level. Chile international? Really? 

Two cracking goals with either foot from Chapman in League 1 may be his level. Maybe Brereton could do with a spell there. 

49 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Again, untrue. 

Well, my comment is subjective so you can disagree but it’s not ‘untrue’. How long did it take Dolan to impress? Chapman has had game time. Not much, but enough to make an impression in my opinion. He failed to take those chances.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

11 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Got his chances? The lad never started a game. He has had 12 sub appearances in 2 years the longest he got given on the pitch was 25 minutes. His amount of game time in the League in his 2 years since signing is just 196 minutes (so just over two full games). Compare that with the amount of chances and sub standard performances we have seen from the likes of Buckley and Brereton over the same time.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Well, my comment is subjective so you can disagree but it’s not ‘untrue’. How long did it take Dolan to impress? Chapman has had game time. Not much, but enough to make an impression in my opinion. He failed to take those chances.

And after his first bad performance Dolan was dropped to the bench where he has remained ever since. Dolan like Chapman will end up a victim of Mowbray's bizarre use of wide players.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Brereton was awful for two years and still got chance after chance.  Chapman got nowhere near that amount of time.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

On 31/01/2021 at 11:05, Andy said:

I mean he's improved a bit this season, but what on earth makes your think BB will be in the prem?!?

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 11:05, Andy said:

Scottish prem maybe!

We crack me up. So Haary doin well at a league one club and we are positively salivating.  If he was not iurs and we were looking to sign him we'd be moanin it's only league one.  Looks to me like he's woke up and smelled the coffee.  Was not doin it here, by some accounts a.poor attitude.

Bides well fornus if he can get fit, mentally right so.e confidence and come back and have a right good go.  If he chooses to.  chances are if his contracts up he'll be off.  Right now he is olaying for his footballing future, do or die right now.