BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

We crack me up. So Haary doin well at a league one club and we are positively salivating.  If he was not iurs and we were looking to sign him we'd be moanin it's only league one.  Looks to me like he's woke up and smelled the coffee.  Was not doin it here, by some accounts a.poor attitude.

Bides well fornus if he can get fit, mentally right so.e confidence and come back and have a right good go.  If he chooses to.  chances are if his contracts up he'll be off.  Right now he is olaying for his footballing future, do or die right now.

You had a few beers mate?

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 11:05, Andy said:

Brereton will be playing in the Prem within a few years.

Possibly even internationally (with Chile).

Chapman will be nowhere near that.

A few stepovers and goals in League 1 won’t change that.

Stranger things have happened but Brereton will either need to get very lucky or make a drastic improvement. He really needs to improve his technique in shooting, as someone mentioned in another thread. Strikers like Jon Stead and Matt Derbyshire, might not have been the physically strongest  (though Stead, in particular, was pretty good on the ball) but they had a powerful strike in their arsenal, which they could get away before a defender thwarted them. I'm not sure Brereton has it, at the moment. Emile Heskey is a player who I think couldn't strike a ball cleanly very often, either - but, he had other strengths.

Brereton, currently, is neither a winger nor a forward but a mixture of the two and often out of place in our team. Of course, it's not Brereton's fault that anyone was ignorant enough as to spend millions of pounds on him and, to his credit, his work-rate and his readiness to run at defenders can be impressive.

The signing is as mystifying as when we spent a lot less, but still a silly sum, to buy Jordan Slew from Sheffield United, when he was a back-up player there - albeit, considered a prospect.

To get back to Chapman - he clearly has real ability and will comfortably have a good Championship career, in my opinion, if he avoids injuries, works hard and has a manager who believes in him. The fact we have Dolan makes it more understandable that we let him go - but, I think it's not good business he'll walk away on a free - no transfer fee or sell-on fee.

For a club of our finances, talented young players, with England youth international pedigree, especially, who are sold should be earning us some transfer fees, however, small, to be financially sustainable.

On 31/01/2021 at 10:37, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Again, untrue. 

I like Chapman, he is unpredictable and has some skill to exploit his mental talent. However, he has shone in flashes and if he goes out on loan and flies, then I think he will look to leave ASAP. He strikes me as a player that needs his mentality managed to get the best out of him.

23 hours ago, riverholmes said:

To get back to Chapman - he clearly has real ability and will comfortably have a good Championship career, in my opinion, if he avoids injuries, works hard and has a manager who believes in him. The fact we have Dolan makes it more understandable that we let him go - but, I think it's not good business he'll walk away on a free - no transfer fee or sell-on fee.

For a club of our finances, talented young players, with England youth international pedigree, especially, who are sold should be earning us some transfer fees, however, small, to be financially sustainable.

I think working hard has been Harry's biggest weakness. He obviously has talent, but doesn't seem to have had the right application nor attitude. Hopefully he can rebuild his career now, and the pressure of having to earn a contract might be the kick he needs. Might be a maturity thing also, probably had it a bit too easy relying on his talent. 

6 hours ago, pick32 said:

Consistent runs in a team - us first spell, Barnsley, Sheffield and Shrewsbury 

inconsistent runs in a team - us 2nd spell and boro 

the defence rests your honour 

Not sure what you mean by consistent runs. He has never been a starter at any clubs. Before Shrewsbury, all his career appereances has been from the bench. 

image.png.ee994d0b137a7bd592e018307f906abc.png

Chapman is only doing there now what he did here he's far more comfortable at that level. He's after impressing and getting a contract but once it's signed and the lure of nights on the lash back in Boro take over again i'm not sure he'll keep his current form up.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Pleased for the lad, if it is his level then all power to him, not everybody will be the best and being a great player in a Lower league is still great.

I actually think he could do it in the championship, whether here or elsewhere I’m not sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Pleased for the lad, if it is his level then all power to him, not everybody will be the best and being a great player in a Lower league is still great.

I actually think he could do it in the championship, whether here or elsewhere I’m not sure.

He has the talent, thats not in question. Certainly think he has the ability to play in this division. Sometimes its better to go down a level to come back up. Stand out in the league below and you will get another shot higher up. What is that, 4 goals in 3 games? 

• 1 month later...