Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish someone would question him as to why Elliot Bennett gets a free pass every week then.

There's too many people here who's views are extremely one side or the other. No middle ground.  You presume I dislike Mowbray because I dont feel we have developed our young players, but I have not o

The continued refusal to play him, especially at home, is criminal IMO. It's not like we are an effective attacking force blowing teams away without him. I'd wager half our goals this season have occu

Posted Images

We are such a better side now for him to come back to. Him, Dack and Armstrong behind graham will be such a huge threat.

Said it the other day after the Wimbledon game, but if we win tomorrow then we are deffo up. We simply have to many threats not to get enough points in the remaining games

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 00:33, Vinjay17 said:

From Middlesbrough's point of view (or at least the one they ought to have) one of their assets has been treated with clear neglect. To an extent by refusing to utilise him more but its even worse when there's incompetence from Mowbray Magoo and the medics. Considering the obvious connection in management they should be feeling extremely let down by the neglect from someone they know so well.

The very same happened with him at Sheff Utd last season. Perhaps all the blame does not lie with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rigger said:

The very same happened with him at Sheff Utd last season. Perhaps all the blame does not lie with us.

Well I don't know what happened last season. The events discussed on page 5 happened under Rovers' watch regardless of any neglect elsewhere.

 

Edited by Vinjay17
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What nonsense 

OK if he gets injured again, medics drop the stretcher causing further aggravation followed by the club physio drunkenly running over his foot in the car park I'll blame Sheffield United. :rolleyes:

Even if he was neglected there it does not absolve Rovers medics from basic principles outlined on page 5. 

Edited by Vinjay17
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

We are such a better side now for him to come back to. Him, Dack and Armstrong behind graham will be such a huge threat.

Said it the other day after the Wimbledon game, but if we win tomorrow then we are deffo up. We simply have to many threats not to get enough points in the remaining games

If you think a win tomorrow equals certain promotion you've a lot to learn about football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you think a win tomorrow equals certain promotion you've a lot to learn about football.

Its all opinions. I just think our form now has been over such a long period of time that is no longer a 'run' and good fortune. We are just better than most of these sides.

We are fully fit and will have a good lead over the teams behind us. It will leave 10 games left and I'm certain that even if we lose a few of them we will still have enough points to go up as either wigan or shrews will drop enough points

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Looks like he's stuck on the bench for now with those comments.

What a sub he is and hopefully performs well enough to make sure he cant be on the bench.

Him dack and Armstrong behind Graham is way to good for any back 4 in this league

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he has any impact at all I'll be pleased - tough injury to come back from and may take him a while. Hopefully we don't need him in the play offs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tom said:

If he has any impact at all I'll be pleased - tough injury to come back from and may take him a while. Hopefully we don't need him in the play offs!

Him just coming on in a game, will at the least raise the crowd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if he could hit the ground running when he is finally off the leash but I think some fans need to temper their expectations of him. It will take time for his touch to return and he will be tentative when having to run at full pace. I guess also that Mowbray would be wary about throwing him on from the bench without a thorough and intensive stretching session given how he got the injury in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It would be great if he could hit the ground running when he is finally off the leash but I think some fans need to temper their expectations of him. It will take time for his touch to return and he will be tentative when having to run at full pace. I guess also that Mowbray would be wary about throwing him on from the bench without a thorough and intensive stretching session given how he got the injury in the first place.

Mowbray said he hopes he can have an impact in the last 6-7 games, which I think is fair enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arbitro said:

It would be great if he could hit the ground running when he is finally off the leash but I think some fans need to temper their expectations of him. It will take time for his touch to return and he will be tentative when having to run at full pace. I guess also that Mowbray would be wary about throwing him on from the bench without a thorough and intensive stretching session given how he got the injury in the first place.

I believe that without his pace, he is basically a version of Craig Conway (when we first signed him) that is left-footed. Therefore, his quality is at least that of mid table Championship even before he starts running.

It's unusual for someone with pace to have a proper engine too, I've only seen it at Rovers with Bellamy. Maybe Dickov at a push.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I believe that without his pace, he is basically a version of Craig Conway (when we first signed him) that is left-footed. Therefore, his quality is at least that of mid table Championship even before he starts running.

It's unusual for someone with pace to have a proper engine too, I've only seen it at Rovers with Bellamy. Maybe Dickov at a push.

Chapman’s right footed mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2018 at 21:46, Mike E said:

I believe that without his pace, he is basically a version of Craig Conway (when we first signed him) that is left-footed. Therefore, his quality is at least that of mid table Championship even before he starts running.

It's unusual for someone with pace to have a proper engine too, I've only seen it at Rovers with Bellamy. Maybe Dickov at a push.

Not able to see any comparison at all between Chapman and Conway. Conway has get technique but zero trickery/flair. 

Chapman has relatively good pace with lots of trickery and flair and can beat players.

Conway had a little pace but he's just an excellent crosser of the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 07:00, RoversClitheroe said:

Not able to see any comparison at all between Chapman and Conway. Conway has get technique but zero trickery/flair. 

Chapman has relatively good pace with lots of trickery and flair and can beat players.

Conway had a little pace but he's just an excellent crosser of the ball.

Conways crossing ability hasn't been there for a couple of seasons now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If you could have Conway in his prime or a fully fit Harry Chapman for the rest of the season who you picking ? 

( Just for abit of fun)

I’d say Chapman fits the way we play now a lot more in any event. We don’t seem to score that many from crosses...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to Harry Chapman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.