BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City looked frustrated, one of those games where you think the underdog will come out on top, yet they still manage to score four goals. Pep is some coach, even with the cash behind him.

Dyche's style is clear, and you can see why no big club will take him on. Frustrate the opposition - effective and clever for a low-budget club, but beyond that, there is nothing else.

Sounds like Jason Steele had another blinder yesterday.

" suddenly he released Gestede, who's slight touch from 18 yards steered the ball past the on rushing Sunderland goalkeeper Jason Steele ".

" Stewart Downing's corner, whipped in with his left foot from 'Bor's right was fisted by Steele into a melee of players. It ran via a ricochet or two to Braithwaite who showed calm to slide in a shot from 10 yards. "

Steele has clearly worsened since he moved there. I have a genuinely horrible feeling that Steele might be one of those that sinks into a depression. That thread isn't a critique of his performances, it's just page after page of personal insults.

Shewsbury v West Ham today:

Shrews make 3 changes to their last game on new years day bringing in Godfrey, Rodman & Morris. 

They make 2 changes to the team that played against Rovers bringing in Beckles and Morris.

Very scrappy game. I can see why Shrews are where they are. A busy, hardworking team that play for each other. West Ham are awful, they look like 11 blokes who just met on the car park 1/2 hr before the game. No effort, no energy, too many 50/50's lost, I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times they put two passes together. No shape , no nothing. Play the same second half and  they'll get beat.

Arsenal have made  8 changes and Leeds have made the same. Leeds have lost (GOOD) and the Arse are losing as I type.

I have utter contempt for clubs who treat the wonderful, ancient FA Cup with such contempt. Glad Leeds are out. I hope the Arse go out too; although it's back to 3-2 now.

• Backroom

You'd think Arsenal would take the FA Cup seriously as it's one of the only competitions they actually have a chance of winning. Glad that Wenger's arrogance cost them today, although I'm sure he'll trot out the usual excuses about the referee.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Up the Dale. Rochdale 1-0 up at half time.

As they ran out at the beginning of the game, at least one of the white shirted players was wearing gloves. Another was looking in a mirror and adjusting his hair. Ffs! 

Some of the Spurs players have been strolling around, wanting lots of touches on the ball and time to pick their pass. Rochdale are pressing all over and too many Spurs players are out of their comfort zone. I would have liked to have  seen them on the paddy field of a pitch up until this week.

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ali is my bet for first England player to be sent off at the World Cup.

Wouldn't be a surprise at all to see him do something stupid at the WC yeah, whether it's a reckless lunge, second yellow for a dive, off the ball incident etc - there'll be opponents targeting him and he could quite easily be a liability.

19 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

We do. Spurs singing they on  their way to wembley. Thought that was their home ground?? 

2 2 GOAL!!!!!!

Just read this and had to double check the score. Turned it off when Spurs got their late pen. Ha Ha.

No I'm not a Riversider and never leave early.

Anyone know what happens when/if Spurs reach the Semi-Finals of the Cup? Can't imagine their opponents will be too pleased if the Semi Final is played on Spurs' home ground. Quite the advantage there.

Highly likely to happen given the convenient cup draw which has kept all the big guns apart in the quarter finals.

Archived