BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

Just now, K-Hod said:

Yeah, but Hazard is faster than him, so he can’t match him for pace. I find that people always scapegoat their favourites rather than remembering it’s a team game...

Like with Pogba, if he hadn’t gone to Juventus and simply ended up in the first team after graduating the youth team, he wouldn’t have had half the stick he’s had. He’s obviously guilty of being a giant douche on the internet, but people go well over the top with him IMO.

The problem Pogba has is the price tag. He is in a hiding to nothing and will be criticised if he isn’t as good as Ronaldo or Messi (relatively speaking).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
Just now, Stuart said:

The problem Pogba has is the price tag. He is in a hiding to nothing and will be criticised if he isn’t as good as Ronaldo or Messi (relatively speaking).

Absolutely mate, but he didn’t ask to be transferred for that amount. It was the going rate (rightly or wrongly, probably the latter) because of many things. Either way, like Lukaku, I think people go way over the top with him. Sanchez has done miles less for United than those two...

40 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yeah, but Hazard is faster than him, so he can’t match him for pace. I find that people always scapegoat their favourites rather than remembering it’s a team game...

Like with Pogba, if he hadn’t gone to Juventus and simply ended up in the first team after graduating the youth team, he wouldn’t have had half the stick he’s had. He’s obviously guilty of being a giant douche on the internet, but people go well over the top with him IMO.

That's one I've not heard from an Englishman before.

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely mate, but he didn’t ask to be transferred for that amount. It was the going rate (rightly or wrongly, probably the latter) because of many things. Either way, like Lukaku, I think people go way over the top with him. Sanchez has done miles less for United than those two...

I somewhat understand your Pogba view. He's got all the talent in the world but either decides not to use it or is not allowed to by Mourinho. I also agree that Sanchez was a bad signing. He's too selfish.

Jones tackle was clumsy. Hazard was too clever for him.

Conte pulled a Mourinho on Mourinho. Get a goal and defend stoutly. I

i just think Pogba is so frustrating to watch, in that he clearly has everything needed to become a top midfielder on the face of it, but its almost as if something is missing to stop him from dominating the midfield, hes often so lethargic and slow paced, or only does it in small patches.

The price and his social media influence, and thinks like haircuts and emojis, all contribute to building him up I suppose, but hes his own biggest enemy. Needs to do more.

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

No, he can't match him for pace, but he was nowhere near tight enough in that case. His utd career has been so disappointing. A real shame 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Agreed but it still means he has to perform.

The higher the ‘value’ the less time the player has to hit the ground running. Paying for the finished article.

Surprised so many thought the final was good, I thought it was absolutely terrible, and symptomatic of everything that is bad about top flight football. For me neither side showed any particular quality on the day and it just became a competition between the two sides of who was the most adept at buying fouls for going down like they'd been shot for the merest contact.

Did Chelsea have a shot apart from Hazard's which De Gea saved with his legs and the penalty? Glad the Red Scum lost though.

On 19/05/2018 at 23:41, bazza said:

Two things today I vowed I would not watch because they were boring, boring, boring.

The FA Cup final (Chelski v Man Utd boring) and the royal wedding.

Somehow I finished up watching both and thoroughly enjoyed both. 

What's got into me?

Help is at hand..

Archived