Forum Rules

J*B

We've done what we said we wouldn't - changed the rules. Mavericks. 

In all seriousness we haven't, we have just tried to strip them back and work easier. You should notice you all have had an 'account wipe' and no longer have any warning points - meaning everyone starts with fair warning.

See below warning points and community rules:

Community Rules:

1) Questionable Content (10 warning points) 

Links to streams, blatant spam, chasing people around the forum.

2) Personal Attacks (25 warning points)

Should speak for itself - if its personal and put across in a negative way, its a personal attack.

3) Racism, Sexism, all the 'isms'. (100 warning points)

Total blanket ban - stereotyping, innuendo, the lot. If we deem it racist, even if you don't, its 100 points and a ban.

4) Permanent Ban (200 warning points)

Only in use for serial offenders of rules 3 and 2. 

Warning Points:

All warning points given under 200 expire automatically after 31 days. Here are how they relate:

25 points in a 31 day period - 24 hour ban

50 points in a 31 day period - 14 day ban

100 points in a 31 day period - 30 day ban

200 points - permanent ban.

General Points:

Swearing is no longer a bannable offence if used in decent context. If you think Rovers where shite at weekend you are entitled to that opinion. If you opt to misuse this and combine it with a personal attack, you guessed it... 25 points.

Equally, if you disagree with someones opinion, thats absolutely fine. Questioning people and/or their content content is fine. Its discussion, so long as it doesn't get personal.

Mods are more than allowed an opinion, they're here to maintain the rules above whilst posting, not to be dead behind the eyes.

Lastly... please report posts that break rules rather than getting into an argument on the forum. It'll save everyone time.

Rules / Warning Points are ongoing and open to change - at the start we're expecting to have to change them. If you think you have been treated unfairly send me a PM.

Update:

Due to numerous requests, we're now issuing bans for misuse of content on the forum elsewhere. The point of the forum is discussion - by discussing it elsewhere you remove the right of reply. Not only that, but screenshots and quotes can be misconstrued to give a false impression of our members but also the forum itself - which numerous people work hard on, for free.

If you feel that your posts on BRFCS are being misused elsewhere by a member, please contact the mods with a link. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find JAL's total disregard for any and all insults in his direction quite funny to be honest. He's like a robot programmed to sporadically post criticism of Nyambe and scouse agents, with no conside

I would ask that the ban on swearing stays put. Not because I’m a prude, but because banning the use of swear words encourages posters to assemble more readable, better structured arguments. plus

I say no, but, if someone votes me down, it will be tough not to abuse my powers.....?

Posted Images

Just now, Boaty said:

The mods are the voice of the headmaster. They must be obeyed.

I'm glad you are coming around to the idea, Boaty.

All fine, bar the swearing rule with me. I think it needs to remain banned, for the following reasons:

1- The current ban on swearing makes our forum/ club look like it’s full of reasonably intellectual chaps. If you’be ever ventured onto an opposition’s forum without a ban on swearing, you’ll come across members on those sites give you the impression that the site/ club fan base, is in fact full of irrational idiots, due to how they get their point across swearing with every other word. Do we want our site to become like that?   

2- I can see the swearing thing being a slippery slope. Surely if you’re allowed to swear about the performance on Saturday, then you’re allowed to about Venky’s? 

3- There’s probably kids on this site, who won’t be allowed to continue to view the different opinions presented, once parents see the forum full of expletatives.

4- I know folk who probably will stop using this site, if it becomes littered with swearing. I know I enjoy using simply because of how people get their point across with having to swear. As a stated above, it’s a nice rarity to come across no swearing on here, especially with how social media is these days. 

25 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

All fine, bar the swearing rule with me. I think it needs to remain banned, for the following reasons:

1- The current ban on swearing makes our forum/ club look like it’s full of reasonably intellectual chaps. If you’be ever ventured onto an opposition’s forum without a ban on swearing, you’ll come across members on those sites give you the impression that the site/ club fan base, is in fact full of irrational idiots, due to how they get their point across swearing with every other word. Do we want our site to become like that?   

2- I can see the swearing thing being a slippery slope. Surely if you’re allowed to swear about the performance on Saturday, then you’re allowed to about Venky’s? 

3- There’s probably kids on this site, who won’t be allowed to continue to view the different opinions presented, once parents see the forum full of expletatives.

4- I know folk who probably will stop using this site, if it becomes littered with swearing. I know I enjoy using simply because of how people get their point across with having to swear. As a stated above, it’s a nice rarity to come across no swearing on here, especially with how social media is these days. 

We will have a chat on this. The main issue I have is swearing previously reverted back to !#!# - which is fine, apart from we all know what it means and therefore does the filter just become a waste of time? People do swear on this forum, it’s just filtered out immediately.

RE kids - there can’t be any, you have to confirm you are over 16 to join the forum. 

Point 4 is a good one I hadn’t thought of is and is definitely worth considering. 

If there is no swearing then it does not reflect real life or real 'banter' and becomes too sheltered.

In real life a lot of people swear and this includes many who are not 'idiots' as viewd by some.

Any word found in a comprehensive English Language dictionary including slang and social media speak should be allowable or at least open to debate.

GET BEHIND FREEDOM OF SPEECH FFS

Edited by AllRoverAsia

There are different kinds of swearing. Used properly it provides emphasis. But I’m no fan of gratuitous swearing and would probably just stop reading if a post was littered with swear words.

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There are different kinds of swearing. Used properly it provides emphasis. But I’m no fan of gratuitous swearing and would probably just stop reading if a post was littered with swear words.

I agree on both points and should have worded my previous post accordingly.

As a general rule language used should be similar to that you would use when conversing with someone that you do not know very well.

Personal comments about another poster should never contain 'swear' words. It's not like bar room banter with mates you know and where, for example, a short 'FO' can actually mean humour, sarcasm, anger etc.

Talking about a certain previous manager and his known associates being an obvious excemption.

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If there is no swearing then it does not reflect real life or real 'banter' and becomes too sheltered.

In real life a lot of people swear and this includes many who are not 'idiots' as viewd by some.

Any word found in a comprehensive English Language dictionary including slang and social media speak should be allowable or at least open to debate.

GET BEHIND FREEDOM OF SPEECH FFS

So why was bunkum banned? Or at least frowned upon?

I would ask that the ban on swearing stays put. Not because I’m a prude, but because banning the use of swear words encourages posters to assemble more readable, better structured arguments.

plus isn’t it just nice to read a site that upholds decent standards?

There are ways around it anyway, I use chit a lot and @#/? is a famous one. perhaps trial it and if it becomes too much (im not sure many of us will swear too much anyway and we have become seasoned not to on here) ban it again.

On 28/10/2017 at 00:55, Mike E said:

Having been a mod previously, leave it banned. Creates more problems than it solves imo.

Swear if you like, but just let the filter pick it up.

I wrote" piss poor" in a recent post expecting it to be censored! It wasn't so I had to do it myself. Took the fun out of it! :(

Just now, 47er said:

I wrote" piss poor" in a recent post expecting it to be censored! It wasn't so I had to do it myself. Took the fun out of it! :(

Must admit, I prefer the filter being an enabler for venting.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems to have settled in quite well... we adapted it a little and put some words back into the filter (should answer @JacknOry above), but left some out and they're hardly used. 

If it becomes a problem speak up, even if its by using the report button.