Forum Rules

J*B

45 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

If you don't warn him you can't warn me! Plus I haven't technically typed that word...

10 warning points for Vinjay. Different rules for you.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find JAL's total disregard for any and all insults in his direction quite funny to be honest. He's like a robot programmed to sporadically post criticism of Nyambe and scouse agents, with no conside

I would ask that the ban on swearing stays put. Not because I’m a prude, but because banning the use of swear words encourages posters to assemble more readable, better structured arguments. plus

I say no, but, if someone votes me down, it will be tough not to abuse my powers.....?

Posted Images

I've removed all emotions that give any negative impressions as they where being abused. 

On that subject, a new sin bin has been introduced. Sin bins will restrict your posting rights for a period of time and are to be used at mods descresion.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I've removed all emotions that give any negative impressions as they where being abused. 

On that subject, a new sin bin has been introduced. Sin bins will restrict your posting rights for a period of time and are to be used at mods descresion.

Can you introduce a spell check. At least 2 errors in that post.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

'Confused emoji'.

Can you not say in advance in what instances the sin bin will be used, how long the bans are for etc

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Been thinking this for a while.

What are the sin bin rules? Discretionary?

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Been thinking this for a while.

What are the sin bin rules? Discretionary?

There's three sin bins - 6 hours, 48 hours and 5 days. During the timeframes you can still access the site and like posts - you just cannot post. 

I'm hoping the concept of a sin bin will reduce the amount of warnings given out. Typically people are getting numerous warnings in the same thread over a short period of time. 

So it’s dealing with existing breaches of site rules in a different way rather than new rules. Fair dos - let’s see how it works.

On the emoji misuse I hope that this change will encourage debate rather than lobbing a ‘saddo’ bomb or a laughing at others.

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So it’s dealing with existing breaches of site rules in a different way rather than new rules. Fair dos - let’s see how it works.

On the emoji misuse I hope that this change will encourage debate rather than lobbing a ‘saddo’ bomb or a laughing at others.

That’s the hope - trolling by clicking an emoji was creeping in 

Just a quick bump - 

We want you to report content that breaks the forum rules. The rules are simple. If you feel like they're being broken, report it.

29 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Did you remove my post that was a reasonable response to this?

If so can I ask again why you are requesting people do this when on occasion that people do they are not responded to/and or the person who posted malicious lies is allowed to continue to post? Where is the deterrent?

Did you not get my comment on the reported post? I'll pm you now.

• 1 month later...

@Herbie6590 A 48 hour ban for pointing out that if people only post transfer links in the 'links only' transfer thread and not in the 'discussion'  thread AS WELL then no-one will discuss them. That was why it didn't work last summer. In the reasons for the ban it said 'Don't be a cock'. Ironically I got a two week ban recently for saying 'don't be a prick' to someone who was  trolling. Is this what the forum has become? Can you please rein in the 'manchild' (not my description) responsible. Cheers.

28 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

@Herbie6590 A 48 hour ban for pointing out that if people only post transfer links in the 'links only' transfer thread and not in the 'discussion'  thread AS WELL then no-one will discuss them. That was why it didn't work last summer. In the reasons for the ban it said 'Don't be a cock'. Ironically I got a two week ban recently for saying 'don't be a prick' to someone who was  trolling. Is this what the forum has become? Can you please rein in the 'manchild' (not my description) responsible. Cheers.

Hiya...I don’t patrol the forum, the podcasts is my thing but I’ll take a look...

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The links and discussion threads are how the forum has worked in every summer transfer for years. Only you struggle to accept it. If you continue ruining both threads by confusing what is in essence a very, very simple way of dealing with things, you'll get the same again. And yes, keep posting between the two threads is being a cock. Some would say it was leinient... everyone else that did the same got the same ban with no complaints.

Ians got a 24 hour ban for interfering in the forum too.

**In the interests of fairness I accept you did a 2 week ban when in actual fact it should have been 48 hours - the setting where wrong... so I actually am sorry for that. 

Just now, J*B said:

The links and discussion threads are how the forum has worked in every summer transfer for years. Only you struggle to accept it. If you continue ruining both threads by confusing what is in essence a very, very simple way of dealing with things, you'll get the same again. And yes, keep posting between the two threads is being a cock. Some would say it was leinient... everyone else that did the same got the same ban with no complaints.

Ians got a 24 hour ban for interfering in the forum too.

**In the interests of fairness I accept you did a 2 week ban when in actual fact it should have been 48 hours - the setting where wrong... so I actually am sorry for that. 

...that’s me taught a lesson...?

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

The links and discussion threads are how the forum has worked in every summer transfer for years. Only you struggle to accept it. If you continue ruining both threads by confusing what is in essence a very, very simple way of dealing with things, you'll get the same again.

I'm sorry? 'Ruining' both threads by simply asking someone to put the same link they put in the 'links only' thread in the 'discussion' thread as well so people can actually discuss it? That's hilarious. You really have lost the plot.  I think it's you that is struggling to understand a simple concept. I'll make it simple for you. IF SOMEONE ONLY POSTS LINKS IN THE NON-DISCUSSION THREAD THERE IS A CHANCE IT WON'T GET DISCUSSED, AS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. PUT THE LINKS IN BOTH. Understand? 'You'll get the same again' This little bit of power has gone to your head. Embarrassing.

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

And yes, keep posting between the two threads is being a cock. Some would say it was leinient...everyone else that did the same got the same ban with no complaints

I posted once to inform someone to put it in the discussion thread as well. 'Keep' posting would suggest it's a regular occurrence. When you have to resort to lying in order to justify your little power-trips it's maybe time to have a re-think. The fact you are actively banning other people for the same thing says more about you than them. Lenient? growe up.

Now, just so you understand, I couldn't give a flying feck if you ban me again. With you running the forum it would be a blessing. You're a clown. I look forward to you calling me a 'cock' to my face.

• 4 weeks later...