Forum Rules

J*B

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

You're not wasting my time at all Stuart. I have all the time in the world, the joy of retirement.

We all know you feel you own the MB. You don't. As for the above I don't have the time, or the interest, to decipher it. I've no interest in your opinions and whether or not you're unhappy with my phrases. I responded to your post because you were factually incorrect and I saw it as an opportunity to mention why I don't post these days. In all seriousness you need to take a break from this place, it's doing you no good at all.

Pompous, dismissive, talking down to people you see as beneath you. Gordon was exactly right about you.

Odd though that you were monitoring Ask Admin for absolutely no reason in order to be able to pick up on my “factually incorrect post”. You don’t post but you prowl in the background. This place is doing you no good either.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find JAL's total disregard for any and all insults in his direction quite funny to be honest. He's like a robot programmed to sporadically post criticism of Nyambe and scouse agents, with no conside

I would ask that the ban on swearing stays put. Not because I’m a prude, but because banning the use of swear words encourages posters to assemble more readable, better structured arguments. plus

I say no, but, if someone votes me down, it will be tough not to abuse my powers.....?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

?

Or why they are confused.

How can you defend yourself? You can’t reply to a button press on someone else’s post. That’s my point!

Of course you can. You make another post. Which would not be necessary if there were enough buttons.?

Edited by Al

I can’t believe how pathetic this thread is. You brought back down/upvotes and then you remove because a (1 in a thousand)certain poster can’t accept that other rovers fans find his complaints utterly mind boggling.

You banned me @J*B for arguing with a well known troll, yet you’ll happily move goalposts for those who can’t accept their viewpoint don’t tally with the majority! You’ll eventually put everyone off if you carry this bs on.

I don’t like to criticise those who put the time in to make a forum, but please stop pandering to @Stuart and his ridiculous issue with people disagreeing with him. This is a forum for all, not just one for those who’ve been around for 10+ years.

Just now, Biz said:

I can’t believe how pathetic this thread is. You brought back down/upvotes and then you remove because a (1 in a thousand)certain poster can’t accept that other rovers fans find his complaints utterly mind boggling.

You banned me @J*B for arguing with a well known troll, yet you’ll happily move goalposts for those who can’t accept their viewpoint don’t tally with the majority! You’ll eventually put everyone off if you carry this bs on.

I don’t like to criticise those who put the time in to make a forum, but please stop pandering to @Stuart and his ridiculous issue with people disagreeing with him. This is a forum for all, not just one for those who’ve been around for 10+ years.

The complete removal of up and down is actually an error on my part. What I had intended to do was remove the reputation element of the forum, I hadn't realised turned off reputation would remove up/down completely. 

However, now we're in this situation I'm going to take the time to speak to the mods and find out what they want and think. My personal opinion is I'd like to try and find a way to keep up/down without causing chaos because I think it adds to the forum.

Just now, J*B said:

The complete removal of up and down is actually an error on my part. What I had intended to do was remove the reputation element of the forum, I hadn't realised turned off reputation would remove up/down completely. 

However, now we're in this situation I'm going to take the time to speak to the mods and find out what they want and think. My personal opinion is I'd like to try and find a way to keep up/down without causing chaos because I think it adds to the forum.

There is no chaos. 

If I started a thread today named “why Venkys are the best”.. I’d be downvoted, argued with and confused according to responses. Fairly and rightly probably.

If the bloke whose masterminded our return and squad development is criticised for ridiculous reasons - that poster deserves the negative response, and the more you debate and discuss the entire functionality of the website because of their feedback, the more you make the rest of us think- “what’s the point”?

I don’t want to see alternative opinion removed from BRFCS. However, I need to see a fair response to ALL posters and content, not a system that lends itself to those who simply refuse to accept others might disagree. 

9 minutes ago, Biz said:

There is no chaos. 

If I started a thread today named “why Venkys are the best”.. I’d be downvoted, argued with and confused according to responses. Fairly and rightly probably.

If the bloke whose masterminded our return and squad development is criticised for ridiculous reasons - that poster deserves the negative response, and the more you debate and discuss the entire functionality of the website because of their feedback, the more you make the rest of us think- “what’s the point”?

I don’t want to see alternative opinion removed from BRFCS. However, I need to see a fair response to ALL posters and content, not a system that lends itself to those who simply refuse to accept others might disagree. 

Who decides what is a “ridiculous” reason? That might be your benchmark but for someone else it might be “I can’t stand that JAL” or “Oh look it’s Stuart - let’s wind him up”. How ridiculous is a photo of a debatable offside call and a question?

In my experience, downvotes are use more because of personal spats than anything else. They are never given to certain posters no matter what.

This isn’t a new thing though. We’ve had all of these problems before. That’s why the downvoting was removed last time.

Personally, although I disagree with @J*B‘s original decision to add back in all the icons, I do agree with his taking his time and speaking to the people who have to deal with the fall out.

This is a messageboard for venting after matches and for discussion but for those who have been here a long time it is also a small community. By this point we should be able to have grown up discussions without having to upvote or downvote - which becomes a popularity contest.

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Who decides what is a “ridiculous” reason? That might be your benchmark but for someone else it might be “I can’t stand that JAL” or “Oh look it’s Stuart - let’s wind him up”. How ridiculous is a photo of a debatable offside call and a question?

In my experience, downvotes are use more because of personal spats than anything else. They are never given to certain posters no matter what.

This isn’t a new thing though. We’ve had all of these problems before. That’s why the downvoting was removed last time.

Personally, although I disagree with @J*B‘s original decision to add back in all the icons, I do agree with his taking his time and speaking to the people who have to deal with the fall out.

This is a messageboard for venting after matches and for discussion but for those who have been here a long time it is also a small community. By this point we should be able to have grown up discussions without having to upvote or downvote - which becomes a popularity contest.

It’s never personal, it’s always content related.

However to some degree, I agree on the last point, it’s a pointless addition in some ways. You need to accept though, many will disagree if your entire point is a criticism of tactics/manager with sketchy basis- or a “ridiculous” reasoning like constantly criticising a player who obviously has improved.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

It’s never personal, it’s always content related.

However to some degree, I agree on the last point, it’s a pointless addition in some ways. You need to accept though, many will disagree if your entire point is a criticism of tactics/manager with sketchy basis- or a “ridiculous” reasoning like constantly criticising a player who obviously has improved.

So your last sentence looks to be about JAL and Nyambe. By this point it should be scrolled past and not taken on. There is no doubt Nyambe has improved but maybe he has a mistake or two in his locker which might be pounced on. I had a similar reputation over Jason Lowe. I didn’t see this as ridiculous and wasn’t on the wind up. In either case, posts threads littered with downvotes don’t do a lot for the community. Certainly no more than someone walking round the Blackburn end putting stickers on the foreheads of people they disagreed with. It’s cyber-tar-and-feathering.

Questioning the tactics based on the way a game changes (attacking and scoring to defending resulting in another draw-that-feels-like-defeat) isn’t flakey. Even if the reasoning was flakey, that doesn’t mean it should have the forehead branding with “idiot”.

Your point about accepting disagreement. Of course but this should be with a counter argument, not a confused face.

This place has always been and always will be for the community, any changes are always with the best intentions and I’m sure whatever we agree going forward will be what is thought most would agree with.

Keep the thoughts and suggestions coming, it’s intetesting to know what others think, I often like posts but I’ve never really noticed it counted towards a culminated reputation.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I personally thought bringing back the down votes, laughter, puzzled face icons was a daft move, no real clamour for them, so why bother? Just causes issues.

However, why on earth get rid of the ‘Like’ and ‘Thanks’? They worked well on the whole in fulfilling their purpose - for recognising quality posts.

Since I can't "like" anymore, just want to say I agree wholeheartedly with this post. "Like" and "Thanks" worked just fine. I'm so-so on the idea of "downvote" as I think it encourages people to be lazy rather than debate properly about things they disagree with. Don't really care about any of the other reactions.

Completely insane how a bunch of grown men are pandering to someone who simply cannot take the fact he has been disagreed with.

Maybe the fashion in which said poster has 'disagreed' with others on this thread is the reason why many had taken to simply down voting him as opposed to discussing with him. The stifling effect on debate by an extreme minority on this forum is by far worse than any stupid emoji you may or may not choose to use. That goes for both the posters who criticise the club at every turn and those that praise it at every turn. There's 5 or 6 posters that take entire threads with more or less the same rambling nonsense.

The truth about it is that JAL is one of them for his constant unfounded criticism of a player - he rightfully deserves down votes for it. However, JAL clearly doesn't care as he isn't even the one arguing about this. Somebody else has got offended for him. It's nonsense man. If 'reputation', whether bad or good, is so much of an issue for certain posters then why not let people opt out? That way the more reasonable headed posters can continue in the fashion they have and the posters (although still anonymous) can protect their online reputation simply. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The truth about it is that JAL is one of them for his constant unfounded criticism of a player - he rightfully deserves down votes for it. However, JAL clearly doesn't care as he isn't even the one arguing about this. Somebody else has got offended for him. It's nonsense man. If 'reputation', whether bad or good, is so much of an issue for certain posters then why not let people opt out? That way the more reasonable headed posters can continue in the fashion they have and the posters (although still anonymous) can protect their online reputation simply. 

I find JAL's total disregard for any and all insults in his direction quite funny to be honest. He's like a robot programmed to sporadically post criticism of Nyambe and scouse agents, with no consideration whatsoever towards the reaction of others. 

On 16/09/2018 at 18:04, Stuart said:

Pompous, dismissive, talking down to people you see as beneath you. Gordon was exactly right about you.

Odd though that you were monitoring Ask Admin for absolutely no reason in order to be able to pick up on my “factually incorrect post”. You don’t post but you prowl in the background. This place is doing you no good either.

Think whatever you like Stuart, it really doesn't concern me. You do reveal your true colours from time to time though. Your constant harrassing of chaddy being another example.

I didn't say I stopped reading the MB though I do only read a few threads - sometimes I read daily, others not. I've been following this thread for two reasons.  I think @J*B and his team have the MB running better than it has for many, many years and I'm interested in that. Secondly I've found your posts in the two threads the topic arises in very entertaining.

You chose to name check me and wildly inaccurately include me in your discussion. I give you the facts and you make sarky remarks and tell me I'm being defensive. Quite simply if you inaccurately attribute things to me I will correct you.

Some years back, 2,3,4 I'm not sure, you posted saying Rovers fans could be split in to 5-6 groups. A divisive thing to state. A few weeks later, after an event I can't recall, you stated it was now possible to divide us in to 12 or 13 groups I think it was. This was the point at which I felt it  better to take less and less notice of your posts. I regarded those remarks as  highly divisive and ridiculous attempts at analysing our support. I've previously told you I will only respond if you quote me. That's how it will stay.

Edited by Paul
On 16/09/2018 at 12:34, Stuart said:

Yet more proof that some people can’t keep it in their pants. Can somebody tell me what was wrong with this post to receive downvotes?

Is this really what this feature was designed for? I’m a bad poster (negative rep) because of a post like this?

Sorry @J*B but the decision to bring back the minus button will destroy debate on the site.

You wanted a vote on the positive attributes of the laugh button and then unilaterally brought back the negative votes.

B7872E7A-9CC2-479A-BB1D-2B919F77E86E.jpeg

Because you said it looked off, when it clearly doesn't

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
On 16/09/2018 at 18:27, Biz said:

100% agree. Saved me writing it