BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dyche

I think Dyche would have been a cert for the "old" Everton, after all they've done very well out of signing managers and players from local Lancashire clubs over decades.Still never forgiven them for Roy Vernon and Pickering and Kendall!

I think the new billion pound owner version will want a bigger name somehow. A mistake in my view because Everton are relegation-threatened.

So are West Ham and Leicester and I think Dyche is seen as a Big Sam now so they would surely be interested.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think Dyche would have been a cert for the "old" Everton, after all they've done very well out of signing managers and players from local Lancashire clubs over decades.Still never forgiven them for Roy Vernon and Pickering and Kendall!

I think the new billion pound owner version will want a bigger name somehow. A mistake in my view because Everton are relegation-threatened.

So are West Ham and Leicester and I think Dyche is seen as a Big Sam now so they would surely be interested.

I don't even think he's at that level really. Big Sam could get 3,4,5 Premier League offers this season and have any of them if he really wanted to work again. I don't think for one minute Dyche will have that amount of clubs interested in his services.

He wouldn't be at Burnley today if he'd had clubs knocking on the door to appoint him. Forget all this stuff about him having it his way at Burnley with the staff/scouting/training ground - he'd give all that up if it meant he could get a job at a bigger club with more money and more potential. Reading his comments he's clearly keen for these clubs to come in for him - but other than Sunderland a couple of years ago it appears nobody has put in any firm interest.

Frustrating because when we had Hughes every season he was getting linked with moves away and then eventually got the Man City offer. I'd argue the job Dyche has done with them has been just as good if not better than the one Hughes did here yet nobody, not even the smaller Premier League clubs, seem interested in him.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I don't even think he's at that level really. Big Sam could get 3,4,5 Premier League offers this season and have any of them if he really wanted to work again. I don't think for one minute Dyche will have that amount of clubs interested in his services.

He wouldn't be at Burnley today if he'd had clubs knocking on the door to appoint him. Forget all this stuff about him having it his way at Burnley with the staff/scouting/training ground - he'd give all that up if it meant he could get a job at a bigger club with more money and more potential. Reading his comments he's clearly keen for these clubs to come in for him - but other than Sunderland a couple of years ago it appears nobody has put in any firm interest.

Frustrating because when we had Hughes every season he was getting linked with moves away and then eventually got the Man City offer. I'd argue the job Dyche has done with them has been just as good if not better than the one Hughes did here yet nobody, not even the smaller Premier League clubs, seem interested in him.

I would say Dyche has turned jobs down. All Rovers bias aside, the guy has done an incredible job at Burnley. Fair enough he hasn't got Big Sams solid reputation yet, but if his next job goes well , he will be going in that direction. 

The Dingles (spit) should be applauded in fairness. Their management and club stewardship in general, without serious external financial input, have worked wonders and reaped serious financial dividends in the process.

As I said several years ago, Venkys 'backed' the 'wrong' club!

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It would be very, very interesting to see who Burnley would appoint if Dyche did leave. 

Wagner and Hughton spring to mind 

What possible reason would Wagner or Hughton have to leave their secure jobs and move to Burnley?

Burnley would do the same as they do with new signings - look to the Championship. They'd probably try for Chris Wilder but I expect he'd stay at Sheff Utd where he's fast becoming a legend. After that I think they'd look at the likes of Gary Rowett, Mark Warburton or Paul Cook.

I don't think there's much doubt Dyche wants the Everton job.  He's a class act with sharp football nous, and if I was Bill Kenwright, I'd appoint him tomorrow.

No way would Wagner or Hughton leave their respective clubs for Burnley.  Cook isn't ready, needs to prove himself in the Championship first or learn the PL ropes as a number two.  If Burnley want guaranteed PL status there's only one man and that's Big Sam.  Pay him the king's ransom he would want and appoint a number two who could step up in a couple of years' time and that man may well be Cook.

They supposedly wanted a foreign manager to help attract foreign players because theyre cheaper than british players of the same standard. However they dont seem to have realised that it has to be a decent and respected foreign manager and to have gone for a not very good one

Archived