BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brockhall training Complex-ACV Declined

Ozz

It's disappointing news that the Trust was unsuccessful in securing this order. However, I think the alarm caused by Venkys using top lawyers to respond is slightly over the top. As most know I am probably one of the biggest doubters of Venkys true intentions- I simply don't buy that they are here for any other reason than their own benefit, despite the argument that they have "plugged financial holes" repeatedly (note: the almost half a billion pounds received in transfers/parachute payments etc). That said I would expect any savvy business people, for which they are, to protect any sort of asset of theirs by any means necessary.

We are sometimes blinded by the way Jack ran this club. I have no doubt in my mind had there been an ACV proposed for Brockhall while he was alive he'd have offered little resistance to it being pushed through. Any other owner of a club would have defended their rights to this asset just as much as Venkys have because, unlike Jack, they are first and foremost business owners and not fans.

What is more telling is that they responded in the manner I'd expect any business owner to respond in when the threat is to their pocket but are seemingly too "inept", or "too cautious to take outside advice" when a decision is needed to be made in the best interests of the club. It makes a mockery of those arguments.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just goes along with their complete misunderstanding of what they were buying into with their partners in the first place. They never got the idea they were buying into something that essentially belongs to it's town and it's people and they were going to be seem as benefactors for that at best or at the very least just custodians to keep it going as it was.

They were buying a business, a project, a tool for their company ( although I remain convinced Barry along with his mates viewed it slightly differently i.e a personal cash cow ) nevertheless the basic idea sold to the rest of them was to benefit the parent company.

Now they are really digging their heels in and basically saying it's ours not yours so we'll crush any resistance. That's been evident all along really but various players along the way have gone to great lengths to cover it up and placate both sides for their own benefit in many games of smoke and mirrors.

Top and bottom of it is it's theirs not ours and the peasants who are left will eventually have to fall in line with the crumbs that are left probably bobbling along in league 2 on a shoestring budget with virtually no assets left.

Promotion is so vital now more so that ever before probably.

5 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

To think they refused to talk to the Ians about £60million for 51% of the mess they have created. If anyone needed a red flag about them having something to hide - there it is.

To be absolutely clear, the offer was £60m investment for 51% of the company. They wouldn't have received a penny. 

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be absolutely clear, the offer was £60m investment for 51% of the company. They wouldn't have received a penny. 

It would have saved them having to put the £5m-£10m a year they have been putting in, and given a chance of getting some of their debt back if the club got promoted.

2 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

It would have saved them having to put the £5m-£10m a year they have been putting in, and given a chance of getting some of their debt back if the club got promoted.

Valid point!

The Seneca proposal was a golden opportunity for the Indian idiots to exit stage left with some sort of dignity intact whilst salvaging some financial relief from this and also retaining a minority stake to enable them to milk some profits of any future success. Their financial commitment could have ended right there and then. Not a penny more needed. Their refusal to even acknowledge the offer let alone discuss it shows observers that they ain't going to leave this ship voluntarily. It will only happen when they have to and there are no alternatives.

The Seneca proposal was still useful because it showed that even quite recently as a Championship club with horrible debt levels there were still people attempting to take over this club and sort it out. Assuming the whole thing wasn't a lie (and I know which group I believe are liars and it isn't the two Ians) then this demolishes the often trotted out question of 'who would buy us in our state?' when we've recent evidence of people with a proposal to do it.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:47, islander200 said:

Thanks to the trust for trying. 

This is very worrying I have to say.Slumping down the leagues,attendances getting lower and lower.Our training facilities, academy and stadium are the only things separating us from most other league 1 and 2 teams.Our facilities are a major factor in us being able to attract players to the club.When we start training in pleasy we will struggle to attract and recruit the renford rejects

Personally I would rather attract players who want to win the league, than players that are only interested in training facilities.

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I would rather attract players who want to win the league, than players that are only interested in training facilities.

Well that's obvious.But of course the facilities we have at the moment make us more attractive or do you disagree with that?

56 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Yes I think the Ians were saying here's a plan for us to fund it instead of you but you'll have to let us get it on an even keel again and move it forwards then it will benefit everybody.

They are more than happy to run it into the ground and the next funding drought may end up using borrowings or sales from fixed assets. Meanwhile they'll just ignore it and let the club liquidize itself gradually just to keep the lights on whilst crowds plummet to record low post 1800's averages.

They don't give a toss and keeping sole control over Brockhall safeguards them for that and the club to an extent.

Didn't their company forecast say they are looking to reign in debt over the next accounting year or something ?  That could help them get rid but it could also mean they hang on but starve funds again.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well that's obvious.But of course the facilities we have at the moment make us more attractive or do you disagree with that?

We seem to have a record recently of attracting many players who are here for an easy time. Even the most attractive of facilities have to be used properly  

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:58, Ozz said:

The Rovers Trust application to have Brockhall listed as an ACV has been rejected. The club brought in some national heavyweight legal firm to squash the application.

http://www.roverstrust.com/2017/11/12/bid-protect-brockhall-rejected/

I actually agree with Rovers solicitors and Ribble Valley Council's reasons for denial. Of course the training ground is integral to BRFC but they can always train elsewhere. It's also a bit of a stretch to get an ACV for watching academy games. Brockhall is like Fort Knox, there's not much in the way of community value down there.

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's disappointing news that the Trust was unsuccessful in securing this order. However, I think the alarm caused by Venkys using top lawyers to respond is slightly over the top. As most know I am probably one of the biggest doubters of Venkys true intentions- I simply don't buy that they are here for any other reason than their own benefit, despite the argument that they have "plugged financial holes" repeatedly (note: the almost half a billion pounds received in transfers/parachute payments etc). That said I would expect any savvy business people, for which they are, to protect any sort of asset of theirs by any means necessary.

We are sometimes blinded by the way Jack ran this club. I have no doubt in my mind had there been an ACV proposed for Brockhall while he was alive he'd have offered little resistance to it being pushed through. Any other owner of a club would have defended their rights to this asset just as much as Venkys have because, unlike Jack, they are first and foremost business owners and not fans.

What is more telling is that they responded in the manner I'd expect any business owner to respond in when the threat is to their pocket but are seemingly too "inept", or "too cautious to take outside advice" when a decision is needed to be made in the best interests of the club. It makes a mockery of those arguments.

I have to disagree with your comments on Jack Walker here, I can only imagine what his reaction would have been had anyone attempted to make an asset owned by him an ACV and it probably wouldn't have been repeatable in polite company.

I think far too much is being made of this, Brockhall is already protected by covenants regarding its usage and the complex is clearly a private facility belonging to and for the use of the Club.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have to disagree with your comments on Jack Walker here, I can only imagine what his reaction would have been had anyone attempted to make an asset owned by him an ACV and it probably wouldn't have been repeatable in polite company.

I think far too much is being made of this, Brockhall is already protected by covenants regarding its usage and the complex is clearly a private facility belonging to and for the use of the Club.

Maybe I do look at him with a bias. I just believe he was a fan before a business owner when it came to Rovers.

Wasn't it he who put the covenants on the land to begin with? 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

We seem to have a record recently of attracting many players who are here for an easy time. Even the most attractive of facilities have to be used properly  

That goes without saying.My initial post was only saying that our facilities are a big factor and an advantage over other league 1 clubs in attracting players to the club.I'm not quite sure why you took umbrage to my post?Are you saying you would rather us have shit facilities in the hope we sign the right sort?

Thanks to those at the Trust for all efforts on our behalf.

I always felt this was a long shot, but clearly, you  put in a lot of work.

But I think it is an important indicator-another one!.

These are the same people, who could not even be arsed to find a decent manager and give him enough resources to keep the club in the Championship.

Now they are prepared to fork out for expensive lawyers to block minimal protection for the training grounds..

FOV!!

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Au contraire, this could potentially be the first of many steps bypassing the restrictions already imposed, if anything the ACV rebuff demonstrates to me just how fragile Brockhall could become in terms of being downsized or even demolished. There's plenty of cause for concern.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Thanks to those at the Trust for all efforts on our behalf.

I always felt this was a long shot, but clearly, you  put in a lot of work.

But I think it is an important indicator-another one!.

These are the same people, who could not even be arsed to find a decent manager and give him enough resources to keep the club in the Championship.

Now they are prepared to fork out for expensive lawyers to block minimal protection for the training grounds..

FOV!!

Abso bloody lutely!!!

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

That goes without saying.My initial post was only saying that our facilities are a big factor and an advantage over other league 1 clubs in attracting players to the club.I'm not quite sure why you took umbrage to my post?Are you saying you would rather us have shit facilities in the hope we sign the right sort?

I am saying, I would settle for shit facilities, and a winning side, but I am not saying that they go hand in hand 

Archived