BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brockhall training Complex-ACV Declined

Ozz

8 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

To which some people will say they have already tried. Even to the point of considering buying shares themselves just so they can bring it up at an AGM without being booted out. I asked about it recently and while I can't remember the exact quote he kinda blamed other fans. Though it may have been more about several travelling over to Pune and not enough getting on board.

Its all speculation and theory... but in hypothetical land...

You're in India, at the AGM for a business you've invested in heavily. Over the past 7 years the company had grown the value of your shares by 1400%.

Someone stands up and says that the people heading the company are horrible, have ruined a football club, have offended thousands of people in England and debt has soared. This person continues, saying that the people running this company have embarrassed the people of India and are a laughing stock in England.

Whats your response? If i'm being totally honest, I wouldn't care less. Not my problem - if my shares keep raising in value as far as i'm concerned they're good people and can carry on.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since efforts were made and the shareholders didn't get on board that answers the question. Their argument would be that its a private family investment and obviously its not hurting their business. Though their reputation here certainly must have had an impact in Venkys Xprs UK being "liquidated" (if that's really the right word considering it was simply registered and nothing else) and that was considered to be a viable argument. 

I'm with jb here. 

Although they did spend some money over the summer. This is the exception that proves the rule. 

There's no way to get at them, there's nothing to be done. We'll be left to rot. They'll sell off the land for the training ground, pay down the debt and get something that's cheaper to maintain. 

Where we are now is a good as things are going to get for next twenty years

8 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I'm with jb here. 

Although they did spend some money over the summer. This is the exception that proves the rule. 

There's no way to get at them, there's nothing to be done. We'll be left to rot. They'll sell off the land for the training ground, pay down the debt and get something that's cheaper to maintain. 

Where we are now is a good as things are going to get for next twenty years

Going back on thread... It wouldn't surprise me at all to see some sort of deal struck with PNE where they lease the facilities off us and we share. I've just got a nagging feeling thats something they would consider.

PNE tried to buy Bolton's training ground but where beaten to it by Wigan. They're in need of better facilities but don't have loads of cash. Brockhall is more than big enough to house two training teams - theres two sites down there already set up. If there is any rules to stop the land being sold as suggested, this would be a workaround. 

Sell the players, sell the goalposts, ask the staff to be volunteers. At the next meeting can we organise some buckets , we could have a whip round for them. I know why don't we all put venkys stickers on our cars to help advertise for free their chicken empire then any extra profits from the publicity we create towards their billion dollar empire can go towards the bulldozers

43 minutes ago, meadows said:

PNE have won planning permission and are investing heavily in a new training complex on the site of the former Ingol Golf Club. 

They were hoping to have it ready start of next season. However there are a large number of crested newts they have to ensure the continued existence of ...not kidding!

Didn't know that! 

Sounds like PNE, Wigan, Burnley are sorted. Not sure what they'll do with it, but I fear for it.

With respect to Venky's massive share price increase it's all down to the 'Beef ban' in India and a massive increase in poultry prices. I think they have been really lucky. 

However, this is a big political issue in India and the whole situation could change overnight with a policy change or a change of Government. I think their share price is currently false due to this issue and may well come crashing back down again at some point but not for 12 months or so.

https://www.foodnavigator-asia.com/Article/2017/07/20/Venky-s-gains-from-beef-ban-despite-recent-suspension 

Let's not forget that we sold 30 odd million quids worth of players over a couple of years so the club was paying for itself and their £ input was reduced. Unless of course a lot of that cash left the building to go elsewhere. They are also investing quietly in businesses over here which will have needed finance from somewhere.

I think the recent share injections into VLL are the biggest for a few years but it still only left a million quid or so to be reinvested in buying players besides the money from those sold and cutbacks. Yes there is a championship style overall budget but they didn't really have much choice but to sign that off this season or we were looking at selling literally everything and everyone or admin.

All is never as it seems with this lot.

We really really need to go up !

12 hours ago, Mark45 said:

Legacy is = Stadium,Prem cup,Leverkusen in Euro Cup,league cup,Shearer,Nonda,King Ken.

Owners out at all costs,my opinion.

Legacy is playing Leverkusen in Euro Cup? Maybe that’s a cherished memory for you but trust me, it won’t be in many fans’ lists.

The problem we have is that there is nothing that Rovers have that fans feel is worth fighting for. I swear they could smelt Jack’s statue and most fans wouldn’t bat an eye lid. Some would even support it if the money was used on a player, or even the debt. It’s one thing for the next owners to do what they can to keep the wolves from the door, but these arrogant £&@&s have money and won’t try to rectify their mistakes.

Yeah what a weird game to pick out especially considering Rovers didn't win and Leverkusen aren't the "cream of the crop" in European football. I know there were a lot of fans at the Leverkusen home game (assuming that's the one he meant) but it was cheap wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't that the one that was moved for TV to a teatime KO on a week night so they let ST holders in free plus cheap tickets ?

Probably the most home fans I've ever seen in Ewood for an actual game.

You might be incorrect there. United, Liverpool, etc didn't get the whole Darwen End in the 90s. Granted there were probably some in the home sections which wouldn't have been the case with Leverkusen.

Games like Fulham in 2002 as well. I'm pretty sure that Fulham didn't bring 8000 lol even if I hadn't been in the Darwen End that day!

No Fulham brought the usual 600 I think lol

From what I recall Rovers fans more or less filled the DE upper and half the lower v BL can't be often that's happened although I was watching on tv just in from work not in the ground. Might be wrong of course it must've been 10 years ago.

Archived