BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

5 minutes ago, Audax said:

Except for Mexico's first match vs. Germany, they've been rather tentative since.... and too bad the Mexican player did that dirty play....not as if Brazil's a stranger to these kinds of acts.....

I had a sneaky feeling for them after their first match when they were excellent but it now seems they peaked too early. If they had played until tomorrow they wouldn't have scored. Brazil on the other hand are looking stronger as the competition goes on.

• Like 1

Mexico are out in the first knockout round again. It was always going to be hard for them to beat Brazil but they hardly helped themselves by playing old man Marquez from the off.

Regarding Neymar's antics. It's a hard one. He gets kicked from pillar to post each game, but doesn't half make a meal out of every one of them. Layun tried to do him, but made it subtle enough that he got away with it.

• Like 1

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Mexico are out in the first knockout round again. It was always going to be hard for them to beat Brazil but they hardly helped themselves by playing old man Marquez from the off.

Regarding Neymar's antics. It's a hard one. He gets kicked from pillar to post each game, but doesn't half make a meal out of every one of them. Layun tried to do him, but made it subtle enough that he got away with it.

Neymar will be ok and get support from his personal hair stylist and also his personal hair colourist who are both with him in Russia. Poor lad.

Went for the last 5 minutes so saw the Firmino goal.

Main reason for going was the fans- nobody does exuberance like the Brazilians do. Ta' Xbiex seafront absolutely rocking! 

Let's see if Belgium really turn up tonight because Brazil v Belgium in the Quarters will be epic and probably will produce the eventual winners.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That was a clear sending off when Neymar was stood on. It is immaterial how Neymar reacted, it's violent conduct.

We've gone soft in this country. The VAR got that right for me, no card. You watch Rugby League. Same thing happened in the England v New Zealand game  last week only the perp meant it. The Kiwi stood on the England players hand when he was on the ground. The Brit jumped to his feet and punched the Kiwi with the same hand.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We've gone soft in this country. The VAR got that right for me, no card. You watch Rugby League. Same thing happened in the England v New Zealand game  last week only the perp meant it. The Kiwi stood on the England players hand when he was on the ground. The Brit jumped to his feet and punched the Kiwi with the same hand.

It is a clear red for me and ticks the boxes for violent conduct. 

It's water under the bridge, I don't care... but straight-up from yesterday's Spain/Russia game, I really do think two of the Spaniards were taken down on the corner kick by Russian players and that could have been a penalty.  The referee doesn't want to decide the game and maybe the referee is correct in that. Russia certainly deserve the win.

To call a penalty in these knockout rounds, perhaps it needs to be very flagrant as in that yesterday versus Croatia.

2 hours ago, Giant said:

Neymar does make a meal of things but he faces constant fouling, like most of his predecessors for Brazil.

His constant over-reaction in my opinion goes against him. Which ref can look at him on the floor after ANY foul and know if there was any vs serious contact?

Personally at times I feel the refs need to book the player who fouls him, plus him for over-reaction. Then he's also got that very annoying waving imaginary cards at referees thing - that should be an instant card for him too.

Take that away from his game, and he'd be a much better, and probably better protected player.

• Like 1

When a player rolls about like that, you know he's not actually hurt, but reacting to try to get a player carded. If a player is really injured rolling about is the last thing on his mind.  Neymars behaviour does not help himself. Fair enough, he may be targeted,  he may deserve better treatment than he gets, but if you feign or exaggerate injury and go down like you've been seriously injured every time a fly kicks you, what do you expect? 

Edited by gumboots

Belgium has not been able to get over the hump, they are said to be set and good for WC 2014, the last Euro, but haven't done it yet.... lots of time left.... Japan an unknown quantity to many...

Edited by Audax

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

The BBC pundits will have to backtrack at full time. The narrative was all about when the Belgium Prem boys finally turned it on. Ignorant twunts. Japan are incredibly technical and comfortable on the ball. No Prem boys though so they must be shit. 

Didi Hamaan working on Irish TV predicted this before the game, said Japan would be too committed for the Belgians.