Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has a couple of lines through the rest of the article On Alf Ramsay: ’He didn’t know the players like Walter Winterbottom, he was a bit naive at first. To be honest, the lads took the pis

Great piece in The Times today talking to England players from 1954 until 2014. Bryan Douglas talks about ‘58 and ‘62. It’s probably behind a paywall, so:      

Bullshit. They were nasty and tried every dirty trick in the book. Got what they deserved - out. 

Posted Images

Gareth Southgate you lucky lucky man. No shot on target over 120 mins.

Still his gamble has now paid off so good luck to him. Having put all his eggs in one basket of going down this side of the draw it would be a massive failure now if we fail to reach the semi final.

Thereafter Croatia are a decent side so whilst it Wouldn't be failure to go out to them it would still be a massive disappointment to get so close and go out to a mid ranking sort of side.

It's on. Somehow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pressure on Dier there, well done lads.

Nobody can criticise Southgate now. Yes, disagree with his appointment and have views on his approach but he’s managed what a load of millionaire experienced Italians couldn’t, created an actual “team”!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scuffing the penalty spot, a coach shoulder charging an opposition player (then proudly laughing to himself), multiple dives, complaining - they got exactly what they deserved. 

Nobody should care one jot about the performance. Everybody has looked poor in large patches. Any of you guys daring to dream yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Gareth Southgate you lucky lucky man. No shot on target over 120 mins.

Still his gamble has now paid off so good luck to him. Having put all his eggs in one basket of going down this side of the draw it would be a massive failure now if we fail to reach the semi final.

Thereafter Croatia are a decent side so whilst it Wouldn't be failure to go out to them it would still be a massive disappointment to get so close and go out to a mid ranking sort of side.

It's on. Somehow.

 

Leave off Simon.

Southgate's doing a decent job with a very average set of players.

He's actually had them practising penalties - unlike many other much vaunted managers.

Guess what? We got through for the first time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Gareth Southgate you lucky lucky man. No shot on target over 120 mins.

Still his gamble has now paid off so good luck to him. Having put all his eggs in one basket of going down this side of the draw it would be a massive failure now if we fail to reach the semi final.

Thereafter Croatia are a decent side so whilst it Wouldn't be failure to go out to them it would still be a massive disappointment to get so close and go out to a mid ranking sort of side.

It's on. Somehow.

I liked your post (I agree with most of it), but the bit in bold is pure, freshly distilled, utter bullshit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DE. said:

The worst way to go out, and Colombia earned it. A disgrace to the world cup. What's worse is that they were actually decent when they tried to play. A shame they rarely had any intention of doing so. Karma collected at the end. 

For being a bit aggressive? Criticising South Americans for hot Latin temperament you might as well criticise an albino for being bald. Sound like Wenger when he tried to pin it on the whole "bully boys" stereotype he partly started years later.

No comment on Trippier scoring the penalty. At least I admit choking on my own vomit would be a preference over seeing certain members of that squad win a WC medal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vinjay17 said:

For being a bit aggressive? Criticising South Americans for hot Latin temperament you might as well criticise an albino for being bald. Sound like Wenger when he tried to pin it on the whole "bully boys" stereotype he partly started years later.

No comment on Trippier scoring the penalty. At least I admit choking on my own vomit would be a preference over seeing certain members of that squad win a WC medal.

Look at me. Look at me. I'm so controversial. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

 Bullshit.

They were nasty and tried every dirty trick in the book.

Got what they deserved - out. 

This. One of the most disgusting performances I've ever seen. Their bullying of an admittedly weak referee was reprehensible. As far as I'm concerned they go home in disgrace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

 Bullshit.

They were nasty and tried every dirty trick in the book.

Got what they deserved - out. 

Like x 1000

 

Set of skanky tossers. I'm overjoyed that they've tasted despair via the penalties. They deserved nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

 

Leave off Simon.

Southgate's doing a decent job with a very average set of players.

He's actually had them practising penalties - unlike many other much vaunted managers.

Guess what? We got through for the first time. 

Wouldnt call them average..some quality players in there and now with a good mentality

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doaksie said:

Scuffing the penalty spot, a coach shoulder charging an opposition player (then proudly laughing to himself), multiple dives, complaining - they got exactly what they deserved. 

Nobody should care one jot about the performance. Everybody has looked poor in large patches. Any of you guys daring to dream yet?

I’m dreaming to the extent that I think it every team plays to their potential we should get to the final. But in terms of winning I think all 4 teams in the other half of the draw will beat us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

I liked your post (I agree with most of it), but the bit in bold is pure, freshly distilled, utter bullshit.

Why? He made a deliberate choice to avoid Brazil in the QF and took the risk of playing a  much harder last 16 tie. If you gave me the same choice again I still Wouldn't do it.

He got away with it just about but having gone down that route has to see the job through now

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matt83 said:

I’m dreaming to the extent that I think it every team plays to their potential we should get to the final. But in terms of winning I think all 4 teams in the other half of the draw will beat us.

As long as we get to a final..who cares..though i would fancy our chances against uruguay

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.