BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Just now, JAL said:

He's too slow for International football plus his team can't do anythng in the premier league.

His team can't do anything in the Prem yet he's scored 25+ goals for the last what, 3 years for them? The only striker we have who even comes close to Kane is Vardy. Would love to see both start but as an impact sub Vardy is a good option. You talk some shite you mate. Big wind up merchant and I bite everytime!

• Like 1

Just now, JAL said:

Like Pickford you watch lower league football for too long you end up thinking premiership players are the bees knees when they aren't.

None of our players are the 'bees knees' but who would you start ahead of Kane up top? 

Just now, Butty said:

His team can't do anything in the Prem yet he's scored 25+ goals for the last what, 3 years for them? The only striker we have who even comes close to Kane is Vardy. Would love to see both start but as an impact sub Vardy is a good option. You talk some shite you mate. Big wind up merchant and I bite everytime!

It's how id manage it.

Just now, Butty said:

None of our players are the 'bees knees' but who would you start ahead of Kane up top? 

Sterling.

Don't ask me for an opinion if you think I talk shyte.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

It's how id manage it.

Sterling.

Well it's a good job they'll both be starting then isn't it. Sterling has never had a good game for country, hopefully he puts his England form right this summer after a Sterling season for city. ;)

1 hour ago, JAL said:

It's how id manage it.

Sterling.

Don't ask me for an opinion if you think I talk shyte.

Sterling? The player who missed absolute sitters for a living most of his career, and has only had an ok season when offered a chance in a fantastic Manchester City squad? You'll be saying Stuart Ripley was prolific next! 

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sterling? The player who missed absolute sitters for a living most of his career, and has only had an ok season when offered a chance in a fantastic Manchester City squad? You'll be saying Stuart Ripley was prolific next! 

Are you being serious? 

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, JAL said:

Heres me wanting to use Kane as an impact sub and Gareth Southagate goes and names Kane his captain. 

That's definitely floored my expectations for England.

If you actually think our best player should start on the bench, then you're trolling. 

STOP IT.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Is this a serious comment?

The improvement in this lad the season just gone has been quite something. His most productive season in front of goal so far, his finishing could still be better, but then he's only 23 years old......

Yes. Still misses sitters, occasionally hogs the ball and one season does not make a super star. He really has improved this season, but he's still half the player Sane is. To say he should be starting as a striker ahead of Kane is..... unconventional and a risk to be polite. Up until the season just gone Sterling was an over rated flash luxury with no end product.

But like you say, he's still young and has time to improve.

For me this season he has been coached by Guardiola to be in the right positions at the right times, ie within 8-10 yards of goal. Pep knows he can coach a team to put the ball in these areas on a regular basis, and Sterling has benefited from it massively.

It's a wise choice all things considered as he's not the best passer, crosser or dribbler yet has the pace and agility to get into these positions so the technically better players can find him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Yes. Still misses sitters, occasionally hogs the ball and one season does not make a super star. He really has improved this season, but he's still half the player Sane is. To say he should be starting as a striker ahead of Kane is..... unconventional and a risk to be polite. Up until the season just gone Sterling was an over rated flash luxury with no end product.

He was extremely good for liverpool in their near title win season

3 hours ago, donnermeat said:

For me this season he has been coached by Guardiola to be in the right positions at the right times, ie within 8-10 yards of goal. Pep knows he can coach a team to put the ball in these areas on a regular basis, and Sterling has benefited from it massively.

It's a wise choice all things considered as he's not the best passer, crosser or dribbler yet has the pace and agility to get into these positions so the technically better players can find him.

Hes an extremely good dribbler..thats one of the things i hate about him when he plays for england..he takes the easy option and passes it short when he should be taking his man on.

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Statistically sterling is a better player than sane

Sam allardyce is statistically England's finest manager if you look at a certain way. Sterling is not a good striker. Is that so hard for you people to understand? That was the premise of JAL's message when he said Kane should be a super sub and suggested Sterling should start up front ahead of him. 

I don't buy the Sterling hype, or Delli Alli. On their day they are great, but they can also flatter to decive. Especially when they play for England.

36 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sam allardyce is statistically England's finest manager if you look at a certain way. Sterling is not a good striker. Is that so hard for you people to understand? That was the premise of JAL's message when he said Kane should be a super sub and suggested Sterling should start up front ahead of him. 

I don't buy the Sterling hype, or Delli Alli. On their day they are great, but they can also flatter to decive. Especially when they play for England.

Lingard Alli Sterling all need to show they can do it for England. If them 3 are on song in Russia we might actually get out the groups ;)  

45 minutes ago, Butty said:

Lingard Alli Sterling all need to show they can do it for England. If them 3 are on song in Russia we might actually get out the groups ;)  

We will anyway..its whether we can get past the second round

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

In the Premier League, Raheem Sterling got 18 goals and 15 assists last season (23 and 17 in all competitions), and Dele Alli 9 goals and 11 assists (14 and 17 in all competitions).

As much as you disregard statistics and admittedly they can be manipulated, for 2 young players, neither of whom are strikers, they both show a level of consistency far surpassing what you are implying.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We will anyway..its whether we can get past the second round

Yeah obviously we'll have enough to get past Tunisia and Panama (you'd think) :lol: , is it likely Poland or Columbia we'd face in the next round? Either of those could easily beat us. Spain have an aging side, Argentina's defence is woeful, there only really Germany Brazil and France who stand out for me so surely on paper despite the limitations of our own side we could have a good run. I have my doubts though as all us English do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Have to admit before a ball is kicked that what Southgate has planned is totally not what I would have planned. Over to him to pull it off and I'll say wow never would have thought of that. 

Come on England !

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Yeah obviously we'll have enough to get past Tunisia and Panama (you'd think) :lol: , is it likely Poland or Columbia we'd face in the next round? Either of those could easily beat us. Spain have an aging side, Argentina's defence is woeful, there only really Germany Brazil and France who stand out for me so surely on paper despite the limitations of our own side we could have a good run. I have my doubts though as all us English do.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Senegal qualify, Poland are seemingly well fancied along with Colombia but Senegal have Mane and Keita Balde in attack, Koulibaly and Salif Sane in defence, and well known Prem players like Idrissa Gueye and Kouyate in midfield.

Spain are right up there, they have plenty of crucial experience but in Asensio, Vazquez, Isco, Saul, Thiago, Nacho, Rodrigo and Koke there is plenty in the way of youth alongside it.

Can't believe anyone can have a go at Sterling. Him, Kane and maybe Walker are the only players any other top international team would be envious of. 

He's quick, creative, scores goals, can beat players inside and outside. It's no accident he's kept his place in a City side full of outstanding attacking players.

If we're going to get anywhere it will really come down to Kane and Sterling having excellent tournaments. 

• Like 6

On 24/05/2018 at 22:49, Butty said:

Spain and Belgium both have vastly superior first XIs compared to England.

Argentina's defence is not that great, but is it really any worse than ours? 

One thing I will agree on is that with both the Dutch and the Italians out it is a bit easier than previously. 

But still we're massive outsiders.