BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

17 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm echoing Hoddle on the commentary here, but he's right. Our system looked great and we totally dominated until Nigeria changed their formation at half time to match us one to one. Then it was like a brick wall - we couldn't create anything at all. 

Other teams will look at that and use it against us... Not sure if we have a plan B to be honest. 

As for who played well - I thought everyone was decent enough except for Young who killed many moves by having to switch to his right foot, and was also lazy defensively. I can't see what he brings at all. Lingard and Alli looked  good first half. Sterling was frustrating. We could have scored four or five in the first half if his final ball was better. 

All in all standard sort of England pre tournament performance. Not convincing, but when is it ever? 

thanks for the report as I haven't seen the game as I was away in Edinburgh for weekend. very much appreciative from me.  

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

thanks for the report as I haven't seen the game as I was away in Edinburgh for weekend. very much appreciative from me.  

Did all go as planned/hoped in Edinburgh? ;) 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it did Stuart. We are now engaged. Very happy and great weekend there. Nothing is going kill my mood today

Congrats mate - only pulling your leg. Lovely city Edinburgh - glad you are both happy.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Congratulations on your engagement and staying true to your principle of keeping your personal life off the forum.

C’mon man. I asked the question. Genuinely pleased for the lad.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

C’mon man. I asked the question. Genuinely pleased for the lad.

He made a huge deal t'other week of telling me his private life was not for public consumption. He even 'unblocked' me just to give me a dressing down. I was honoured. The irony was I had only repeated what he had made public.

He should have PM'd you. His rules.?

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Leroy Sane would possibly be the best player in our squad - he’s been left out of the Germany squad! 

Absolutely mental! It's not even like he's had a poor season!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

Leroy Sane would possibly be the best player in our squad - he’s been left out of the Germany squad! 

Again shows the massive gulf in quality and depth of the top squads compared to Englands. Would start every game for us.

However, looking at the Germany squad it looks a strange decision. Their midfield is full of similar players who all play central and play keep ball, with not much pace in the wide or forward areas. Strange they have left Sane out as their few wide pacey player. 

• Like 1

Dont get the need to state every top player left at home shows how weak England are.

You look at the quality of our attack, Kane, Sterling, Lingard, Alli, all key players for top 4 clubs, Vardy scoring 20 goals as a sub, thats not the issue or the reason we may come unstuck, plus ive got no idea how Sane isnt in the Germany squad anyway, for the same reasons as @benhben has said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Dont agree...lowe is an idiot thats why..hes probably better than alot of germanys players..i doubt its anything to do with ability..i know u have a downer on england. But what the heck has germanys squad got to with england

6 hours ago, benhben said:

Again shows the massive gulf in quality and depth of the top squads compared to Englands. Would start every game for us.

However, looking at the Germany squad it looks a strange decision. Their midfield is full of similar players who all play central and play keep ball, with not much pace in the wide or forward areas. Strange they have left Sane out as their few wide pacey player. 

Not sure Brandt, Reus, Draxler and Werner are few pacey players though. I'm sure the idea is to use all of them as wide players (depending on what kind of formation Löw sets up in). I would say it looks more like they're lacking a forward to hold up the ball. They've got Gomez, but no one else. Then again, they might be planning to play without any out and out striker.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Dont agree...lowe is an idiot thats why..hes probably better than alot of germanys players..i doubt its anything to do with ability..i know u have a downer on england. But what the heck has germanys squad got to with england

I have a downer on england? News to me.

This thread is about the World Cup, pretty significant news that a player of that ability can’t make the German squad.

Can’t profess to know everything about the alternatives selected but he’s a brilliant player.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I have a downer on england? News to me.

This thread is about the World Cup, pretty significant news that a player of that ability can’t make the German squad.

Can’t profess to know everything about the alternatives selected but he’s a brilliant player.

Dont disagree with u in that but maybe im mistaken but you seem negative when it comes to england..appologies if its someone else

• Backroom
2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Dont disagree with u in that but maybe im mistaken but you seem negative when it comes to england..appologies if its someone else

Could be mate, not particularly negative about the National Team but I’m never particularly bothered outside of the tournaments for my sins.

Never had the same passion as I get for club football although I love a World Cup / Euros as much as anyone. 

On 04/06/2018 at 04:52, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it did Stuart. We are now engaged. Very happy and great weekend there. Nothing is going kill my mood today

Congratulations, just leave the table arrangements at the wedding reception to the future Mrs, two up top and three at the back could lead to a lifetime of grief from the future in-laws :)

Edited by perthblue02