BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

9 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He'd be 6th on my list a world class player no doubt but slightly overrated by many 

He isn't over rated by those who actually saw him play. It the immortal words of John McEnroe - " You Cannot Be Serious Man ".  He was the best, you can argue about who comes second.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Moderation Lead

Some of these comments about Ronaldo have been a bit daft.

You’re not looking for a future son in law, you don’t have to like him, but the lad can play, there’s no doubt about it.

As for him being overrated. Is this a joke?

The statistics don’t lie. The number of goals the lad scores is something else.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Audax said:

Then you have the great teams, together everyone achieves more....

'66 England, ''74 Germany yes, with the Kaiser and the last 3 World Cup champions, Germany, Spain and Italy, maybe there is someone you might pick out of the Spanish team but still, none of the names like Pele and Maradona and Zidane,

The England team of 1970 was a better team than the one that won it in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think Messi then Ronaldo are the best players ever. I Haven’t seen Pele, Maradona and the like play regularly enough and truth be told I don’t think anyone else in England has either. To the older generation how many times in person or on television did you actually see them play for 90 mins?

4 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

I think Messi then Ronaldo are the best players ever. I Haven’t seen Pele, Maradona and the like play regularly enough and truth be told I don’t think anyone else in England has either. To the older generation how many times in person or on television did you actually see them play for 90 mins?

I saw Pele enough on TV to know I was watching a football genius. You can watch the extended highlights of the 1970 World Cup any time you like on the Internet. The guy was on another level. He didn't have a weakness. The Brazilian coaches reckoned he was also the best goalkeeper in the squad. In the days before sub goalies he was down to go in goal if the regular goalie got injured. 

Maradona was on TV all the time, I must have seen him play dozens of times.

I'd say the Brazilian Ronaldo was better than the current Ronaldo before he piled on the pounds.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw Pele enough on TV to know I was watching a football genius. You can watch the extended highlights of the 1970 World Cup any time you like on the Internet. The guy was on another level. He didn't have a weakness. The Brazilian coaches reckoned he was also the best goalkeeper in the squad. In the days before sub goalies he was down to go in goal if the regular goalie got injured. 

Maradona was on TV all the time, I must have seen him play dozens of times.

I'd say the Brazilian Ronaldo was better than the current Ronaldo before he piled on the pounds.

I have. He looked amazing. Didn’t watch him every week like I’ve seen Messi and Ronaldo though do you know what I mean?

Its impossible to compare players from different eras anyway so we’ll all have to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Some of these comments about Ronaldo have been a bit daft.

You’re not looking for a future son in law, you don’t have to like him, but the lad can play, there’s no doubt about it.

As for him being overrated. Is this a joke?

The statistics don’t lie. The number of goals the lad scores is something else.

If only Rooney had the same drive. England could have done so much better.

The Portugese Ronaldo is a top player, no doubt about that. As a human being - I'm not impressed.

The last Euro final did it for me. He limped off after about 10 minutes. He handed the captains armband to another player, Pepe ? The rest of the team battled on like Trojans without him and eventually won the cup. Who steps up to receive the trophy ? Yeah you've guessed it- the guy who did nothing in the final to win it.

A real captain like Bobby Moore would have said to the guy who took the armband - " You and the rest of the team won the cup, you go up and get it " .

On 14/06/2018 at 20:23, Bigdoggsteel said:

Man for man, really how much do any of you know about Colombia bar their 2-3 big name players. Come on now, be honest :) sounds like some are getting ahead of themselves to me, but best of luck to ye anyway 

I dont know the Colombian players.  I never said I did !!

Edited by Hasta

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

France and the Argies both on my Accy.. fingers crossed.

France is looking like a 4-niller so far. 5 shots in not much more than 5 minutes.

Hope the keeper can stay strong and Oz can make a game of it.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He isn't over rated by those who actually saw him play. It the immortal words of John McEnroe - " You Cannot Be Serious Man ".  He was the best, you can argue about who comes second.

I saw Pele play & in my opinion not as good as Maradona. Infact I would say Pele is not the best Brazilian player of all time for me that would be Garrincha, 1962 is the first world cup I remember and his performance in that tournament is only equalled by Maradona in 1986.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Portugese Ronaldo is a top player, no doubt about that. As a human being - I'm not impressed.

The last Euro final did it for me. He limped off after about 10 minutes. He handed the captains armband to another player, Pepe ? The rest of the team battled on like Trojans without him and eventually won the cup. Who steps up to receive the trophy ? Yeah you've guessed it- the guy who did nothing in the final to win it.

A real captain like Bobby Moore would have said to the guy who took the armband - " You and the rest of the team won the cup, you go up and get it " .

Ronaldo left in the 25th minute, not 10 minutes.

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/07/10/europe/european-championships/portugal/france/2024891/?ICID=PL_MS_01

Leading goal scorer in that Euro scored 3 goals, Ronaldo 2, so he's up there.

https://uk.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championships/2016-france/group-stage/r31060/

A defender vs. an attacker. I'm sure Ronaldo was instrumental in the whole Euro appearance of Portugal. I see no reason for him not to go up; especially, if there is a chance he was intentionally targeted. Ronaldo does work for charity. He and Messi both seem to have run into tax problems.