BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

1 hour ago, Audax said:

I think it shows how Barcelona's vast talent helps Messi so much while here,  Iceland were able to break down the attack pretty effectively.  Man, on our online game, I went to pick a tie than thought, maybe Argentina is a lot better and changed it. I see in late March, Spain defeated Argentina 6-1 in a friendly FWIW. Guy from Norway, scored a lot of points picking Iceland to draw, sort of a homer pick for him I guess.  Looks like Iceland's recent friendlies didn't reflect well on them either.

Can't agree with that Messi took a poor Barca side to a league and cup double this season losing only 1 game in the league all season. Without Messi this season Barca would have been struggling to get into the top 4.

What I can't understand is why Dybala doesn't start for Argentina as he would ease the load on Messi as he can create chances from nothing whereas today you felt if it wasn't coming from Messi no one else would create something for Argentina. Dybala playing would also give Messi more space and allow him to player further forward at times he was much to deep today.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, Tom said:

VAR is brilliant today 

He was always missing with that run up 

VAR got that one right. It looked blatant in real time.

However If I was Argentinian I'd be asking why their penalty wasn't even looked at in the earlier game.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

I also think it highlights how poor La Liga is. Yes Ronaldo is playing there currently, but he’s performed it in the Premier League too.  

Let's not pretend Messi wouldn't tear the Premier League a new one. He's scored loads of goals v United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc in the Champions League (a goal a game on average v English teams I think, and them being the top PL teams), won games on his own v other top foreign teams like Bayern, PSG. Does he need to score against the poor teams from 7th down in the Premier League to prove himself? 

No idea what Argentina are playing at though. Dybala and Higuain stuck on the bench, Icardi at home. Crazy.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Audax said:

The Peru attacker was in the box and took his shot, he could have taken a dive. I really appreciate that some teams in general terms, don't pull these kinds of shenanigans.  Peru is certainly putting up an effort.

But there was no need for the dive and roll for the penalty.

These guys are all the same when it comes down to it.

• Backroom
Just now, roverandout said:

Am i the only one who thinks he dived

There was contact but it was very slight. With the momentum of his body he would have found it difficult not to go down, although I could see a ref without VAR waving play on for that. 

Horrific penalty though. Baggio-esque. 

• Like 1

Just now, frosty said:

Let's not pretend Messi wouldn't tear the Premier League a new one. He's scored loads of goals v United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc in the Champions League (a goal a game on average v English teams I think, and them being the top PL teams), won games on his own v other top foreign teams like Bayern, PSG. Does he need to score against the poor teams from 7th down in the Premier League to prove himself? 

He’a bang average without a world-class Barca team around him. He’s proved that time and time again for country. Put him at Crystal Palace and he’d do absolutely nothing. I even think that if you put him at Man City, and I still think he’d struggle because of how he’s built. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

I think it ultimately shows that Ronaldo is a far better player than Messi.

I also think it highlights how poor La Liga is. Yes Ronaldo is playing there currently, but he’s performed it in the Premier League too.  

Would that be the same La Liga that produced the last 5 Champions League winners & 7 of the last 10 finalists. And that has also produced 4 of the last 5 Europa league winners.

• Like 1

Just now, frosty said:

No idea what Argentina are playing at though. Dybala and Higuain stuck on the bench, Icardi at home. Crazy.

The premier league defences are alot better than la liga..how many strikers have struggled to score in england, gone to spain and bagged loads of goals..la liga is obviously technically superior to the epl but defenders arent the best..anyway didnt messi struggle to scors against english clubs for a long time?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Would that be the same La Liga that produced the last 5 Champions League winners & 7 of the last 10 finalists. And that has also produced 4 of the last 5 Europa league winners.

Yes with same clubs..top to bottom the premier league has more european winners than spain..without barce or real their win percentage would be down by half

Just now, scotchrover said:

He’a bang average without a world-class Barca team around him. He’s proved that time and time again for country. Put him at Crystal Palace and he’d do absolutely nothing. I even think that if you put him at Man City, and I still think he’d struggle because of how he’s built. 

You obviously didn't see Barca this season as he had a distinct lack of world class team mates around him (Infact i'd say it was the worst Barca team for 10 years at least) and he still took them to a league and cup double losing only 1 league game all season.

Just now, roverandout said:

The premier league defences are alot better than la liga..how many strikers have struggled to score in england, gone to spain and bagged loads of goals..la liga is obviously technically superior to the epl but defenders arent the best..anyway didnt messi struggle to scors against english clubs for a long time?

Premier league defences a lot better? They certainly haven't shown that in Europe over the last few years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Can't agree with that Messi took a poor Barca side to a league and cup double this season losing only 1 game in the league all season. Without Messi this season Barca would have been struggling to get into the top 4.

What I can't understand is why Dybala doesn't start for Argentina as he would ease the load on Messi as he can create chances from nothing whereas today you felt if it wasn't coming from Messi no one else would create something for Argentina. Dybala playing would also give Messi more space and allow him to player further forward at times he was much to deep today.

Surprised by the negativity surrounding Messi today. I thought he played well. Had 2 very close shots and supplied the ball for the missed penalty. Di Maria was an embarrassment how he has had multiple 50million pound transfers??? As our man Eamon Dunphy would say he is a spoofer and a show-pony.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

“He’s bang average”

Ha ha

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Lol the old how would he do on a rainy night at stoke. Guess thats why you've won so many of the last few world cups.

Lets be realistic most of the top 4 or 5 spanish league teams would still be challenging for the champions league positions in the prremier league as well.