BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

• Backroom

Much like all of the other smaller nations in this tournament, Nigeria missing easy chances will contribute to them going out. So many undeserving bigger nations going through. It's a bit depressing really. 

Hope that whoever gets Argentina in the next round absolutely demolishes them. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

On the plus side I think we'd have more chance of getting beaten by Nigeria than by Argentina. I'd fancy us against them. Honestly right now I'd fancy us against pretty much anybody. It's been a tournament where the vast majority of the big nations have played like utter shit and still gotten out of their groups. It's obviously not a good look for the competition but we have bucked the trend in that we have looked very convincing and fully deserve our place in the knockout stages. I just hope we can keep it going, because there is nothing to fear in this tournament. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Much like all of the other smaller nations in this tournament, Nigeria missing easy chances will contribute to them going out. So many undeserving bigger nations going through. It's a bit depressing really. 

Hope that whoever gets Argentina in the next round absolutely demolishes them. 

Exactly that. As I said some days ago . . for all the hustle and bussle of the 'unfancied teams', if you'd missed the first 10 days of the W.C. and looked at the knock out round fixtures you'd be all 'meh, how obvious, at least the real World Cup can start now'.

I don't expect South Korea are going to change that.

This is probably the raggiest WC group stage ever for the 'big boys'.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Nigeria only had themselves to blame. You can defend your own half for a good while, you can defend the penalty area for maybe 20 minutes. But you can't defend your own 6 yard area for 20 minutes. How many times have you seen teams get pushed back further and further until they're defending a tiny area and the ball breaks for the opposition. Then you've lost the initiative and you can't get back into the game.

Conceding most of the pitch to a team with Messi in it is tantamount to committing football suicide.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Blow-in said:

What is your problem you racist scumbag, and the rest of you just sitting and going along with it. 

You need to wind your neck in there. Nobody is going along with it except the people who allow comments like that to remain on the site. Your 'paddy' comments are out of order too. No one has even said that. 

35 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because they rely on one player..great attack..poor everywhere else yet people always tip them for every world cup even though they have never been good enough

Champions twice runners up 3 times up, yeah that's right.

Edited by Blow-in

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

You need to wind your neck in there. Nobody is going along with it except the people who allow comments like that to remain on the site. Your 'paddy' comments are out of order too. No one has even said that. 

My comment was in relation to his attitude when Germany got the draw with Sweden and his comments tonight have been truly the lowest of the low. And I stand by it. 

Its not even like Argentina are in the process of beating England, where you might think he's had a few and passions are running high, this is just out and out racism.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nigeria only had themselves to blame. You can defend your own half for a good while, you can defend the penalty area for maybe 20 minutes. But you can't defend your own 6 yard area for 20 minutes. How many times have you seen teams get pushed back further and further until they're defending a tiny area and the ball breaks for the opposition. Then you've lost the initiative and you can't get back into the game.

Conceding most of the pitch to a team with Messi in it is tantamount to committing football suicide.

Yep. You knew it was coming, every time Argentina attacked in the last 15 minutes it looked like they were going to score. It was Germany/Sweden all over again. All too reminiscent of watching bigger club/smaller club in the Premier League. I watch the world cup to get away from that, not see more of it.

Nigeria also missed two or three golden opportunities to make it 2-1. They really do only have themselves to blame. Amazing that an Argentina side that got hammered 3-0 by Croatia and drew 1-1 with what has turned out to be a pretty poor Iceland side still came second with a point to spare. 

If you ain't good enough you ain't good enough, and Nigeria and Iceland just weren't good enough. Somehow Argentina were, but I think their luck will probably run out in the next round. There are still a lot of problems there.

Just now, DE. said:

Yep. You knew it was coming, every time Argentina attacked in the last 15 minutes it looked like they were going to score. It was Germany/Sweden all over again. All too reminiscent of watching bigger club/smaller club in the Premier League. I watch the world cup to get away from that, not see more of it.

Nigeria also missed two or three golden opportunities to make it 2-1. They really do only have themselves to blame. Amazing that an Argentina side that got hammered 3-0 by Croatia and drew 1-1 with what has turned out to be a pretty poor Iceland side still came second with a point to spare. 

If you ain't good enough you ain't good enough, and Nigeria and Iceland just weren't good enough. Somehow Argentina were, but I think their luck will probably run out in the next round. There are still a lot of problems there.

I agree with all that, Argentina have been terrible. Mascharano is a complete liability. France will beat them even if they dont get out of second gear. 

Tough on Nigeria, who didn't deserve to go out. Worst sight of the World Cup so far was Maradona making gestures to some people near him after the winning goal. 

I would like to join the general consensus in agreeing that it would be very pleasant to see Argentina get stuffed in the next round

• Like 1