BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Harry kane is nearing world class..hes 24 for goodness sake...we dont have a plethora of great players, we have some very good ones...some average ones and some not so good ones.  Harry kane IS top class. You can deny it all you want but hes an outstanding goalscorer..as good as shearer.  Theres a handful of great teams at the world cup and the rest are hoping for a decent tournament..quarter finals would be a great platform to build on..i will be supporting them come-what-may.  We're not a great team but at least we have the best supporters in the world

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I told you my squad this week and yes I have consider what Southgate has done and said. 

Please show me where I have said I hate this formation? Just more lies from yourself and you know it

Stop talking down to me again. 

I agree with Southgate playing 3 at the back and the style of play that's suits our players. 

I don't see the point discussing a different formations to what Southgate ha already said he will play. very pointless debate and discussion

So aggressive. Again.

But I couldn’t disagree more with your last point. I think this is why you fall out with so many people on here. Of course people can discuss ‘different formations to what [the manager] has already said he will play’. This is the essence of a message board. Just because they get final say doesn’t mean that they are always right. Neither does it mean they are above criticism. If you believe that Southgate (or Mowbray) have done the wrong thing you can and should say so. Disagree as much as you like and put your own opinion across with your reasons. This isn’t pointless, it’s healthy. Simply agreeing with the manager and posting that as an opinion is certainly pointless as it literally adds nothing to the debate. Of course, if you do agree with the manager then that is a valid opinion and it would be your opinion.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So aggressive. Again.

But I couldn’t disagree more with your last point. I think this is why you fall out with so many people on here. Of course people can discuss ‘different formations to what [the manager] has already said he will play’. This is the essence of a message board. Just because they get final say doesn’t mean that they are always right. Neither does it mean they are above criticism. If you believe that Southgate (or Mowbray) have done the wrong thing you can and should say so. Disagree as much as you like and put your own opinion across with your reasons. This isn’t pointless, it’s healthy. Simply agreeing with the manager and posting that as an opinion is certainly pointless as it literally adds nothing to the debate. Of course, if you do agree with the manager then that is a valid opinion and it would be your opinion.

Nobody being aggressive so stop making things up to suit your argument. 

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nobody being aggressive so stop making things up to suit your argument. 

Here's a better option, why not put each other on ignore and stop taking over threads?

• Like 2

That 3-0 Dutch win in Portugal could mean the England win in Amsterdam was more impressive than we thought it was.

Malta full of Italian and England shirts this morning. Italy v England splits the island in two and is an excuse for a night of total excess for whichever half wins.

On the issue of Kane, I might play him ahead of Dominic Samuel if he were a Rover. Or put it another way, he is the best English born striker since Shearer was in his pomp with us (not the barcode version).

Really encouraged to see Luke Shaw might get a transfer to Barcelona. He is by far the best defender in England if he has fully recovered from that horrific injury. Mourinho will never give him what he needs at the Mancs but if he becomes a Barca regular he could transform English prospects.   

Edited by philipl

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Here's a better option, why not put each other on ignore and stop taking over threads?

Hang on. We’re being told that any opinion which disagrees with the manager’s is pointless. Surely this has to be open to challenge, regardless of any preconceived biases that always get thrown out when questioned?

20 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Would he get in a "World" squad of 18? 

I think he would. Based on current (last 12 months) form.

This is how I determine 'World Class' tbh...would they get into a World XI

There are not many strikers you would pick ahead of him right now other than perhaps Suarez. Depending ont he formation he would either be partnering Suarez or on the bench. So as of right now - probably world class in my book. Needs to show it for England though.

• Like 2

Just now, frosty said:

How? No appeals for a penalty, only a corner. They didn't make the ref check the video and then give it...

Love to know who did. Just how many voices does that ref have in his ear piece?

• Like 1

Thought Sterling was a class apart, 2nd name on the teamsheet, so clever between the lines. 

Stones was awful, all for passing out from the back but theres a line. Does that in the world cup like he did tonight and we will soon be going home.

Dier again very little use, in contrast to henderson the other night whose limited but fitted the style of play much better.

It's all opinions but for me I thought despite some early lapses stones did okay, and Dier was decent, although I agree Henderson did better in the role. They can both pass the ball very well which is a huge asset.

I am a total convert to this new formation. We lack cutting edge, but the passing and build up play is hugely improved. Some of the moves back to front were fantastic, there was always a pass on, and we had the technical ability to execute.

My only worry is if teams cotton onto 343, as they did with Chelsea in the premier league this year, then we may get found out.

2 good attacking.performances. 

Last night defensively not the best but its a friendly. 

I think Walker will be in the back 3 now. Settled well there in these 2 games. Probably next Stones and Maguire. 

Pickford would be my keeper. Tripper and Rose are 1st choices for wing backs role. Dier in centre midfielder with one another from Henderson or Chamberlain or Wilshere. Then either Ali or Lingard in 10 role with Kane and Sterling up front. 

Looks a good team on paper. Can it performance at the world cup? We will see

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 good attacking.performances. 

Last night defensively not the best but its a friendly. 

I think Walker will be in the back 3 now. Settled well there in these 2 games. Probably next Stones and Maguire. 

Pickford would be my keeper. Tripper and Rose are 1st choices for wing backs role. Dier in centre midfielder with one another from Henderson or Chamberlain or Wilshere. Then either Ali or Lingard in 10 role with Kane and Sterling up front. 

Looks a good team on paper. Can it performance at the world cup? We will see

Thought you preferred Rashford to Sterling?

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lingard was terrific last night with his closing down.

He’s a bit of a gimp on the Internet, but on the pitch he’s a proper professional and works very hard.

Chips in with vital goals and assists for club and country. A certain starter on current form for me.

• Like 2