BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Sean Lock died aged 58. 

Sad news, very clever comedian with razor sharp wit , always remember 8 out 10 cats does countdown, and RR put on a viking helmet and beard, his response was something like , well thats a challenging wank - was having my tea at the time and almost choked with laughter

• Like 3

On 14/08/2021 at 11:33, Gav said:

Folk and country music singer-songwriter Nanci Griffith has died aged 68, that’s no age…..

Saw her live a few years ago at Finsbury Park, just brilliant, she came on before Shane Mcgowen! 

Sad news.

It certainly is no age Gav, given I’m 68! I have just got round to playing her Other Voices, Other Rooms again in her memory - Speed of the Sound of Loneliness the outstanding track amongst many.

I’m sure I’ve seen her live a few times but the one that sticks out was at the Floral Hall in Southport (it might have been the Southport Theatre by then but it will always be the Floral Hall to me).

Which then got me thinking about the other memorable gig at the Floral Hall. I tracked it down to April 1971 - a triple bill of Genesis, Lindisfarne and Van Der Graf Generator, the latter headlining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

It certainly is no age Gav, given I’m 68! I have just got round to playing her Other Voices, Other Rooms again in her memory - Speed of the Sound of Loneliness the outstanding track amongst many.

I’m sure I’ve seen her live a few times but the one that sticks out was at the Floral Hall in Southport (it might have been the Southport Theatre by then but it will always be the Floral Hall to me).

Which then got me thinking about the other memorable gig at the Floral Hall. I tracked it down to April 1971 - a triple bill of Genesis, Lindisfarne and Van Der Graf Generator, the latter headlining.

Early Genesis! Still my most played music!

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

Trouble in the fields is our go to Nanci Griffith track o2g, but she had many as you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFYQW_Dyn0

16 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Kyle Anderson, PDC darts professional and regular in the world championships, has died aged just 33.

I noticed The Viking Andy Fordam died recently too ojf.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to get tee shirts from a company whose name I’ve forgotten. Their largest shirt size after XXL was “ Dart Player “.

When i was young whenever i thought of Darts players this sketch always came to mind

• Like 1

Charlie Watts, drummer with The Rolling Stones has died, aged 80    
A member since the original band started up in 1963, he will be best remembered for his laid back, easy going manner. Although he will be known for being a member of the greatest rock ‘n roll band, his main love was as a jazz officinado. I had the pleasure of seeing the band play on a couple of occasions which I will cherish.

RIP Charlie, you legend.

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Charlie Watts, drummer with The Rolling Stones has died, aged 80    
A member since the original band started up in 1963, he will be best remembered for his laid back, easy going manner. Although he will be known for being a member of the greatest rock ‘n roll band, his main love was as a jazz officinado. I had the pleasure of seeing the band play on a couple of occasions which I will cherish.

RIP Charlie, you legend.

I had the pleasure of seeing the Stones in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and 2010's and as you can see from my avatar, they have played a big part in my life.

Such an unassuming and smart man and one hell of a drummer.

R.I.P Charlie 

• Like 4