BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah I think you’re correct in that he was available for the final mate , but Alf Ramsay didn’t want to change a winning team. That wc final side is so ingrained into people’s memories you’ll not be the only person who forgot that Greavsie actually started in the side at that tournament. I may be wrong but I think John Connelly played in the opening group game as well. 

I was at that first game  as well! 😂

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah just heard this on the radio. There won't be any left before long which is extremely sad.

Didn't realise he was still Liverpool's leading league goalscorer, assumed Rush had overtaken him on all counts.

RIP

I did too, although Rush scored loads more cup goals (particularly League Cup) to end up with about 60 more than Hunt in total.

Incredible really that.

Edited by oldjamfan1

• 2 weeks later...

Barry Ryan has died on Sept 28th aged 72. His greatest hit was Eloise written by his twin brother, Paul who died of cancer in 1992. They both attended boarding school in Pudsey near Leeds.

I remember their mum, Marion Ryan, singing on TV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Ron Flowers, Wolves legend and another member of England’s 1966 World Cup winning squad, who has passed away at the age of 87.

He played against Rovers in the 1960 Cup Final. I remember seeing him take a penalty for England at Wembley. They used have the nets drawn really tight then. He was a big lad and he really gave it the laces. The penalty went in the top corner like a rocket and bounced out just as quick. Two goalies wouldn’t have saved it. The ball ended up by the half way line.

They stopped having the nets as tight as a drum after that.

Thanks for the memories Ron.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Sharratt.

Lived in Coupe Green, Hoghton. Local councillor first for South Ribble as Labour and, when he fell out with the party, formed his own party named "Idle Toad". Later he was our representative at Lancashire County.

He must have been gone 90 years old. He had long white whiskers looking like Father Christmas.

In his early years he lived on Preston Old Road, Cherry Tree about 300 metres from the tall railway bridge towards Blackburn.

RIP Tom; a good man.

On 13/11/2021 at 01:36, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He played against Rovers in the 1960 Cup Final. I remember seeing him take a penalty for England at Wembley. They used have the nets drawn really tight then. He was a big lad and he really gave it the laces. The penalty went in the top corner like a rocket and bounced out just as quick. Two goalies wouldn’t have saved it. The ball ended up by the half way line.

They stopped having the nets as tight as a drum after that.

Thanks for the memories Ron.

My abiding memory of Flowers is him running into Dougan about a second after the start of the 1960 Cup Final and driving his knee into Dougan's injured thigh. Just to make sure!

We didn't even get a free-kick for that!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Ray Kennedy, who has died at the age of 70 after a long battle with Parkinson’s Disease.

Gifted footballer who could play anywhere, won everything there is to win in the club game and was part of in my opinion the most complete British midfield of all time, along with Jimmy Case, Terry McDermott and Graeme Souness.

Edited by oldjamfan1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 07:23, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Mike Nesmith of the Monkees. A brilliant musician in his own right. This is one of his 

Saw P.P Arnold and the Nice At Richmond Festival 1967. She was great, thought she'd died when I first saw the photo!

Good bill that--Fleetwood Mac, Cream ,Pink Floyd, Who and a few more!

26 minutes ago, 47er said:

Saw P.P Arnold and the Nice At Richmond Festival 1967. She was great, thought she'd died when I first saw the photo!

Good bill that--Fleetwood Mac, Cream ,Pink Floyd, Who and a few more!

My mate works for Steve Cradock (Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller band) who is Pat’s (PP’s) manager these days. She is a really lovely lady and can still belt out a tune.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...