BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

• Backroom

Slightly obscure one, but Tony Morris has died, 57, of kidney cancer. Presented with Lucy Meacock on ITV Granada News, winning a Bafta (first ever for a regional news programme) for coverage of the 2007 Morecambe Bay cockle picking tragedy.

Massive reaction on social media. 

I think it’s sometimes forgotten how local evening news still pulls in the ratings. North West Tonight and Granada Reports are some of the most popular programmes on TV up here.

So it really hits people when the likes of Tony and Diane Oxberry pass away.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Massive reaction on social media. 

I think it’s sometimes forgotten how local evening news still pulls in the ratings. North West Tonight and Granada Reports are some of the most popular programmes on TV up here.

So it really hits people when the likes of Tony and Diane Oxberry pass away.

Yes, both are real shocks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Chadwick Boseman has died at 43, this one hits hard for me.

For those that don’t know he was an actor most famous for playing Black Panther in the MCU.

Apparently been privately battling colon cancer for 4 years

• Like 2

I must admit I’d never heard of this bloke or the black panther film before today. And I’m still none the wiser on how he’s meant to have changed the world as someone on the bbc news claimed. But I’ve all the respect in the world for someone clearly in the public eye who’s had cancer for 4 years and kept it secret without milking it. 

• Moderation Lead

Can’t deny that the only thing I’ve seen him in was Black Panther, but he was excellent in that and it was a film I really enjoyed.
He must have been suffering when he was filming Black Panther as well. 
Such a shame.

Black Panther was a huge film, especially for the SJW types who made a big thing about almost all the cast and crew were black. It was even nominated for some Oscars, which is really rare for a superhero blockbuster. If you take the whole marketing campaign based on racial politics out of it, BP is like all the other Marvel films but that's not really a bad formula to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Diana Rigg has hit me a bit. Similar to when Alan Rickman died.

Extremely talented actress, who 'made it' right from the start. If you can be revered in diverse appearance as a Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show and Game of Thrones and all areas in between, you're fantastic at what you do.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Johnny Nash (of I Can See Clearly Now’ and ‘Tears On My Pillow’ fame) has passed, aged 80.

Legend has it he sorted out Bob Marley’s recording contract so for that alone we thank you and RIP sir.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bobby Ball of Cannon and Ball fame has sadly passed away from COVID-19.

I loved Cannon and Ball in 80’s, such a popular act across the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/oct/29/comedian-bobby-ball-dies-aged-76-after-testing-positive-for-covid

A sad loss and I was surprised that he was only 76. A stark reminder too that Covid is an indiscriminate killer.

RIP Bobby, an iconic, funny man.