BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys London Ltd accounts

Just now, lraC said:

'Unless the embargo is being imposed for anything different than the late filing of accounts, Rovers can still operate in the market. They are not allowed to pay any transfer fees but they can still make free signings and loan signings to make up their squad numbers to 23 'established' players - as long as they can prove the wages they are offering are 'reasonable'.'

Rovers currently can't sign anyone according to Sharpe so either that  statement above is incorrect, or Rovers are under an embargo for something other than late filings of account. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Not sure if this helps. It is about Reading, from a while ago & seems to suggest, certain signings, can be https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-efl-rules-state-transfer-16498445.amp

Thanks. Puts Crooke's and Sharpe's efforts to explain the embargo in a bad light.

That article seems to confirm what has been construed from earlier reports - namely we're in a 'soft embargo' at present due to late submission of accounts.....but not a full blown one unless we fail FFP/P&S, which is not yet known. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Thanks. Puts Crooke's and Sharpe's efforts to explain the embargo in a bad light.

That article seems to confirm what has been construed from earlier reports - namely we're in a 'soft embargo' at present due to late submission of accounts.....but not a full blown one unless we fail FFP/P&S, which is not yet known. 

Which makes you wonder why they didn't file the accounts as soon as possible to get out of the 'soft embargo' as other clubs did. Maybe they know what's coming after filing them ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Does that mean they were 6 days late?

So middle of July before any movement can be made in the transfer market?

I’d guess the processing delay was at Companies House. I’d also guess that the separate profit & sustainabilty submission to the EFL was submitted at the same time & it is the outcome of that assessment that matters. 

Wages up £3 million ...... nobody tell me this manager snd his puppet aren't pissing money down the drain.

Tax is the one to watch there, clearing 5 million on Armstrong would sort that.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I'll maybe make another amateurish run through of the accounts later, but thought it was interesting that at the end of the accounts it is noted that Venky's actually had an insurance policy on business interruptions due to infectious diseases (not yet recognised in these accounts but it isn't expected to pay out more than £1m, but, hey, that paid off nicely, hurray).

So, we can add Venky's probably unleashed Covid-19 on the world to their list of crimes.

Waggott apparently took a 15% pay cut, so I think the fans will now get behind him.

One mystery I think resolved for me (feel free to stop reading now) regarding the VLL accounts is how they appear to treat player registration amortisation vs the BRFC accounts. VLL appears to treat it as an operating expense (hence why I was confused that 'other operating expenses' had gone up so much in those accounts), while BRFC puts it within intangible asset trading (as a football club would do rather than a random holding company!). Hence, while we appear to have received an initial £3.7m or so for Raya + Nuttall (that might include sell-on for Mahoney too), and hence made a £3.1m profit on player sales (not sure about the £600k gap there given Raya + Nuttall should both have had minimal acquisition cost), but our overall 'intangible fixed asset trading' still came to a loss of £1.2m after accounting for our amortisation rising to £4.3m (Brereton + Gallagher + etc)

Edited by RoverCanada

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

image.png.cb4e613524b95fd5a47a397fc847d67c.png

Somebody should stick that under Mowbray's nose and ask what comment he has to make in the context of Rovers lamentable showing last season.

Particulary Swansea and Barnsley's figures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Oh no they won’t.

Still useless on a slightly lower wage.

I expect this “wage cut” was due to the fact he was on furlough from the time it was introduced until the season restarted

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I expect this “wage cut” was due to the fact he was on furlough from the time it was introduced until the season restarted

There was also a wage deferral which the players agreed to towards the back end of last season. Perhaps Waggott did the same.

• Like 4