BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys London Ltd accounts

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Shows how bad our Commercial Dep is when we're behind Barnsley and Luton in terms of revenue.

Although if Venky's are also pumping in £15 -£20m annually to cover losses does that not mean we are around 3rd or 4th in the table in terms of operating budget?

I think we were ahead of both those clubs on the commercial income front. Match day revenue is below them but we should remember that 2 of the games we missed crowds were home to Leeds and West Brom which would probably have been the 2 highest gates of the season.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That gave a wage to turnover ratio of 200 per cent, up from 158 per cent in 2019/20. 

that's is shocking and why we see this season wage bill reduced and rightly so. You not agree @JHRover?

I wouldn't describe it is shocking no. I dont think anyone would expect much different with what has happened in the world.

As for it being reduced that is of course a decision for the owners. Matters not really if they are still prepared to fund the shortfall 

Of course once again you are focusing on cutting wages which is the easy part. How come there's never any talk about our pitiful income and measures to increase it?

And I think I pointed out yesterday that we shaved about £100,000 a week off the wages in the summer, along with pocketing £10 million+ from Armstrong, so those are substantial measures to reduce it 

Of course selling good players for good fees will make much more impact on these figures than just releasing them and avoiding paying their wages.

A sale of Nyambe for several million would be so much more beneficial to the club's accounts than losing him for nothing but not paying him slightly more.

Can't you see the short termism of the way things are done?

Fast forward a year or two when we have no assets on the books and you will presumably be saying that we can't do anything because we haven't sold anyone for big money.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I wouldn't describe it is shocking no. I dont think anyone would expect much different with what has happened in the world.

Thats where me and you will differ of opinion as running with that sort of wages to turnover is unsustainable past one season. Yes we might have owners are willing to plug that gap for that season given the pandemic. But each season is not. 

Of course once again you are focusing on cutting wages which is the easy part. How come there's never any talk about our pitiful income and measures to increase it?

And I think I pointed out yesterday that we shaved about £100,000 a week off the wages in the summer,

Yes cut the wages of players that's aren't value for money and The players who we release in the summer we were right to do so. We have players coming through to fill that void and given that Mowbray had 31 players at his disposal last season and got nowhere. Whilst this season with smaller squad and younger squad we are 4th in the league. 

We need a proper business plan being develop by the club as I have said several different times on here.  Yes offer current players new improve contracts but sensible increases in wages. I would like a new contract for Dolan and Travis being offered already. 

Plus now we are supporters are back in stadiums, I want to see the club announce sensible pricing for season tickets and match day tickets with different ideas like I have mention like family ticket for 4 or parent and child season ticket. If we offered Season tickets and match day tickets at sensible and reasonable we will get more on and more merchandise being sold and refreshments in the ground even tho they need improving and prices are ridiculous. 

along with pocketing £10 million+ from Armstrong

Yes we got roughly 10 million pounds but thats on next season accounts

Of course selling good players for good fees will make much more impact on these figures than just releasing them and avoiding paying their wages.

A sale of Nyambe for several million would be so much more beneficial to the club's accounts than losing him for nothing but not paying him slightly more.

You have heard from Mowbray who has said there is a significant gap between the club offer and what their agents are demanding.  I don't know how many times we need to go over this but we shouldn't be over paying on wages for them. 

Fast forward a year or two when we have no assets on the books and you will presumably be saying that we can't do anything because we haven't sold anyone for big money.

We will always have assets on the books if we keep to sensible transfer plan and look for gems in the market and invest in good players then we will have them on the books. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have heard from Mowbray who has said there is a significant gap between the club offer and what their agents are demanding.  I don't know how many times we need to go over this but we shouldn't be over paying on wages for them. 

We will always have assets on the books if we keep to sensible transfer plan and look for gems in the market and invest in good players then we will have them on the books. 

But that's my point. We won't always have assets on the books if we are unwilling or unable to pay them Championship level wages.

I could accept not paying those sort of wages if we operated on a sustainable budget including not losing £20 million a year but we wouldn't need Venkys if the plan was to be self sufficient.

As I've said before - Nyambe and co. will be going elsewhere in the Championship 

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why we are losing so much money and selling substantial assets but unable to pay key players what they want yet rival Championship clubs will be able to pay them what they want without selling assets or losing £20 million.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But that's my point. We won't always have assets on the books if we are unwilling or unable to pay them Championship level wages.

Who says contract offers are Championship level wages? 

As I've said before - Nyambe and co. will be going elsewhere in the Championship 

No one is being linked to them. Who in the Championship will offer them better wages? 

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why we are losing so much money and selling substantial asset

look at the club accounts and go through them. Look at wages to Turnover over the past 4 season. Is it sensible to run us like that. 

look at club commercial activities? 

plus we have sold 1 player In 4 sesaon for big money. Aren't selling substantial assets is it. 

You keep saying you understand FFP but looking at the accounts you can see why we the owners money and always so close to breaking the rules 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Ironically we are seeing the best league effort in the Championship with what is now probably the lowest wage model employed under venkys.  Probably won't be enough for promotion but just puts the spotlight back again on the management who've constantly pushed it to breaking point. Loading it with under performers that didn't suit the style of play mostly.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

V,s now in to the tune of 216million

6 mill allocated for incoming transfers most of which spent in the summer.

3 mil investment in hitlab an unlisted canadian company.

Profit includes armstrong and training ground sales without those running at loss of 20 mill plus

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Whats all this then?

hitlab which Vs appear to be funding through VLL is a venture of Balaji's pal Akon as far as i can see.  Second time they've bunged a few quid that way on VLLs  books.

Iv'e often wondered what is hidden in Rovers books and wage bill as well.

• Like 1