BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yep, playing upfront off a big target man would get the most out of him. 

I think he's currently shoehorned into the side because he has a bit of pace. 

That is the asset that saves him. Just having him in the side keeps the oppo defence from pushing so high.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This isn't a criticism of Armstrong, who did everything right,  but I thought their goalie made things easier for him by coming out as far as he did so quickly. Then he let the ball go through his legs.

He was the goalie that Brentford sold to bring in Raya. 

Always looks better as an impact sub to me especially when we are on the counter, really suits that style of play you have to give him things to run onto.  Should be used a bit like Matty Derbyshire  was by Hughes to come on and kill games off, often frustrating when he starts but he keeps notching and getting a few assists. 

A genuine good left sided player would do wonders for this team as would a flying right winger.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think he was unlucky even last season to not get on the score sheet more often. Don't think I've seen a player hit the post as often since Kalinic, who also seemed to have an uncanny knack for it. 

Really pleased to see him kick on. The sort of player he is will mean that he'll probably go through a few quieter spells in the future, but if he carries on the way he is that couple of million quid or whatever we paid is looking like small beer.

50 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Think this lad deserves a bit of a mention at the moment.

With 8 goals this season - he's only one short of his total goals for last season. Also got 5 goals in the last 10 - of which he's only started 8. 

8 goals and 5 assists also puts him level with Dack in terms of goals contributed (10 goals and 3 assists).

I wasn't his biggest fan, but he really seems to be improving at the moment and his pace is always a threat.

He's realistically the only player that will push Downing for the POTY award, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets it if he keeps up his recent form.

Maybe he's the man to step up and take some of the pressure off in terms of goals in Dack's absence.

I think Nyambe could also push them if he stays fit and continues in the vein that he has been playing. 

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

With 8 goals this season - he's only one short of his total goals for last season. Also got 5 goals in the last 10 - of which he's only started 8. 

8 goals and 5 assists also puts him level with Dack in terms of goals contributed (10 goals and 3 assists).

I wasn't his biggest fan, but he really seems to be improving at the moment and his pace is always a threat.

He's realistically the only player that will push Downing for the POTY award, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets it if he keeps up his recent form.

Maybe he's the man to step up and take some of the pressure off in terms of goals in Dack's absence.

I have been defending Armstrong and his selection all season and I don’t think he’s suddenly found form. The penalties help his goal numbers, otherwise I think he’s the same he’s always been. Yes he can frustrate, but he has to play because his pace is a great outlet and issue for opposition and he can at times provide end product. Think fans that are harsh on him should realise he’s not the end product yet, and should only get better.

• Like 2

Just now, Wood26 said:

I have been defending Armstrong and his selection all season and I don’t think he’s suddenly found form. The penalties help his goal numbers, otherwise I think he’s the same he’s always been. Yes he can frustrate, but he has to play because his pace is a great outlet and issue for opposition and he can at times provide end product. Think fans that are harsh on him should realise he’s not the end product yet, and should only get better.

For me, it's his defensive attitude that needs work, or you completely absolve him and let him get at defences.  He can be lazy at times which frustrates me.  I suspect if he can improve these parts of his game then he might be able to play higher.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I think you are correct Armstrong deserve more credit. 

Play up front now and forget the defensively duties when he played wide. He is a goalscorer for me and our best finisher

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

For me, it's his defensive attitude that needs work, or you completely absolve him and let him get at defences.  He can be lazy at times which frustrates me.  I suspect if he can improve these parts of his game then he might be able to play higher.

I agree, and the only thing I could think of in his defence is that he’s told not to and to stay as an out let, knowing how much Mowbray doesn’t normally tolerate passengers. But even so, yeah there is still more he needs to show but hopefully we got a good player here.