BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Who do you expect us to sign JAL? There's not much in Armstrong's history to suggest he won't perform for us at this level.

Proven quality that can add to a promotion team leave that to the so called experts.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Proven quality that can add to a promotion team leave that to the so called experts.

I'd say 20 goals in 40 league games for Coventry at this level is proven. He's hardly been languishing at poor clubs in League 1. He had one crack of the whip, excelled and then was pushed up to the Championship for, albeit, poor clubs for that league.

It has been stated that Armstrong wasn't a good match for Bolton. Their football didn't suit him - I think it was Adam himself who stated this.

I'd also say that he is adding to a promotion team. He's either footed and quick which is something we lack in this team. If we are getting results with the players we have then adding a player like Armstrong can only "add" to it. He hasn't taken anything away from it. There are plenty of gripes to be had with the recruitment under Mowbray but Adam Armstrong certainly isn't one of them.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JAL said:

What is 20 goals in our current league under our current manager from a World Cup winner, if it's not 'proven quality'?

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Alexi Sanchez is a bit out of our price range mate. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you'd be moaning and complaining if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven, with Jack Walker to take back the club, and signed a 100 year contract and scored 700 goals a season.I still think you'd be posting cryptic messages about his agent and dwelling on the one sitter he missed against PSG in a 15-0 win in the Champions League final!

Please recommend players who you would approve of, are available and would storm this division, because I'm always open to names I have not heard of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAL said:

You said the same about every player we signed in the summer JAL. If we signed Messi you'd still say he isn't good enough for us you big dingle. I know you only come on here to wind people up and I should know better than to respond but I cant help myself sometimes :lol:.. Good luck away at Palace this weekend pal ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Two guys that played a few games years ago , Rowland Horrey from Bishop Auckland and David Holt from County Durham . Holt packed the game in early in his career to go into business.

Holt must have packed up after we replaced him with the excellent Willie Kelly. Holt played for a poor, struggling Rovers side. We only got better after nearly half the team had been replaced.

15 hours ago, Butty said:

You said the same about every player we signed in the summer JAL. If we signed Messi you'd still say he isn't good enough for us you big dingle. I know you only come on here to wind people up and I should know better than to respond but I cant help myself sometimes :lol:.. Good luck away at Palace this weekend pal ;) 

15 hours ago, Butty said:

Outside the top two fully justified though Dack and Chapman have done well and become crowd favourites. 

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As in who?

You never answer when anyone asks who you would sign. You are a textbook pub table manager. All criticism, with no suggestions of your own as that would open you up to criticism. 

I'm not paid to suggest players after seven years and league one football until they start achieving the criticism will be.

19 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd say 20 goals in 40 league games for Coventry at this level is proven. He's hardly been languishing at poor clubs in League 1. He had one crack of the whip, excelled and then was pushed up to the Championship for, albeit, poor clubs for that league.

It has been stated that Armstrong wasn't a good match for Bolton. Their football didn't suit him - I think it was Adam himself who stated this.

I'd also say that he is adding to a promotion team. He's either footed and quick which is something we lack in this team. If we are getting results with the players we have then adding a player like Armstrong can only "add" to it. He hasn't taken anything away from it. There are plenty of gripes to be had with the recruitment under Mowbray but Adam Armstrong certainly isn't one of them.

Pull your pants up he's achieved nothing young man.

41 minutes ago, JAL said:

I'm not paid to suggest players after seven years and league one football until they start achieving the criticism will be.

No you aren't paid to do it, but you surely have an opinion. You are saying others aren't good enough, so who are you comparing them to? Whats your data point? You say X isn't good enough, in relation to who or what? Are you saying they aren't good enough compared to the players we had before Venkys bought the club? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Pull your pants up he's achieved nothing young man.

Except being part of the England squad that has won the U-17 Euros and U-20 World Cup. The same squad as Harry Chapman, by the way. He's achieved far more in his career than most of the players above 30 in our squad have.

I'd suggest doing a tiny bit of research before commenting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No you aren't paid to do it, but you surely have an opinion. You are saying others aren't good enough, so who are you comparing them to? Whats your data point? You say X isn't good enough, in relation to who or what? Are you saying they aren't good enough compared to the players we had before Venkys bought the club? 

Let's go back what I said was his stats suggest league 2 standard let's hope he can make he step up or words to that effect.

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Except being part of the England squad that has won the U-17 Euros and U-20 World Cup. The same squad as Harry Chapman, by the way. He's achieved far more in his career than most of the players above 30 in our squad have.

I'd suggest doing a tiny bit of research before commenting.

Did he play ? Conor Mahoney went with the u 20's. If he's so good have we signed him permenantly.