BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

I don’t really care what Dack does in his spare time as long as it doesn’t impact on what he does for Blackburn Rovers - and so far it hasn’t. He doesn’t have to be a role model if he doesn’t want to be a role model, and if he’s acting like a dick then he’ll be punished, as he has been here.

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

West Ham in the cup.

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Norwich at home in the League was more recent than that and more of a tonking. Huddersfield could easily have been too such was the gulf that day.

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

First two games of last season 

Jesus Dack has been to a lot of BBQs........

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

First two games of last season 

2-1 and 3-1 aren’t what I’d call a tonking. (Although 3-1 ain’t great).

Googled it...

Last time we lost by 3 goals was the first two games of 2016/17 - right on the back of a Coyle pre-season.

Before that MK Dons beat us 3-0 away in 2015. Bowyer blames being down to 10 men for 80 mins. Fair enough.

We had three tonkings in 2013/14 Brighton (3-0), Forest (4-1), Bolton (4-0). All away games.

I still believe that our players’ heads weren’t right on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I don’t really care what Dack does in his spare time as long as it doesn’t impact on what he does for Blackburn Rovers - and so far it hasn’t. He doesn’t have to be a role model if he doesn’t want to be a role model, and if he’s acting like a dick then he’ll be punished, as he has been here.

Being a role model IS part of what he does for Rovers and does impact us.

The reverse is more true: if he keeps his form up  and remains a £15m asset people will be more included to turn a blind eye.

He’s playing at the highest level of his career. Let’s see if he can keep that form up.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Being a role model IS part of what he does for Rovers and does impact us.

The reverse is more true: if he keeps his form up  and remains a £15m asset people will be more included to turn a blind eye.

He’s playing at the highest level of his career. Let’s see if he can keep that form up.

Playing football is what he does for Blackburn Rovers, nothing more, nothing less.

22 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Playing football is what he does for Blackburn Rovers, nothing more, nothing less.

44 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He hasn't accepted his punishment though that's the whole point here he's agreed to it then walked away and thought stuff it. He won't be playing football for Blackburn Rovers if he's in the clink will he nor will he be bringing in much needed revenue when he's sold to pay the bills and there's the small matter of actually doing what he's paid to do which he hasn't been recently'

The whole lot is linked whether you like it or not.

If what has been said in Court is honest and heartfelt, Bradley has now faced up to himself, his parents and the club and will complete his extended community service.

He faced the very real prospect of jail and has been given a last chance. Mowbray seems to have said the right things well before the Court in support of Dack.

If anything this should bring him and the club closer together.

I hope he completes his service within the prescribed time or we will be missing him from the Rovers starting line-up because of incarceration rather than injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He hasn't accepted his punishment though that's the whole point here he's agreed to it then walked away and thought stuff it. He won't be playing football for Blackburn Rovers if he's in the clink will he nor will he be bringing in much needed revenue when he's sold to pay the bills and there's the small matter of actually doing what he's paid to do which he hasn't been recently'

The whole lot is linked whether you like it or not.

He’s been punished for not doing his punishment. If he was jailed, that obviously will effect his football, and I will start taking issue with it. He’s been injured recently and I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he’s not injured.

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He’s been punished for not doing his punishment. If he was jailed, that obviously will effect his football, and I will start taking issue with it. He’s been injured recently and I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he’s not injured.

Following the Hull game Mowbray said he was hopeful that Dack would be fit to face Reading. That was on 20th August since which we've played 4 games across more than 2 weeks where he hasn't even made it to the bench. Then all of a sudden word gets out that he's been in legal trouble and was in Blackburn magistrates yesterday facing the real risk of a custodial sentence. 

'It was just a kick that had swollen up a little bit, so long as it doesn't affect his movement he will be fine' - 20th August

Maybe his injury has been more serious than first thought or it was one that was worth keeping him out of the squad on to avoid any risk. Alternatively he was being kept out of the way until all this had died down. 

I’ve been struck by the comparison between Bradley Dack and Dominic Samuel. Dominic spent summer working to improve himself; Bradley spent summer getting fatter. Both have encountered a personal set-back; Dominic bears up stoically and promises to come back fitter and stronger, Bradley snivels in court that he’s terrified of prison.

You should be matey, that’s the point. And a pretty boy like that should be doubly terrified - that arse might be good for holding off defenders, but may not fare so well against a 20- stone Neanderthal cellmate.

• Like 1

Surely every hour he has been out on the town with that Love Island women should count towards his total hours, its keeps her off the tele and that is a community service :)

Anyway Bradley if you are struggling towards the end of the time extension for completing your hours , I've some painting that needs doing

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

The person I feel most sorry for here is Mowbray. As if he has nothing better to do than attend Court to beg leniency for the imbecilic Dack. 

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we are revisiting this thread in two months time when Dack is up before the beak for the fourth breach; because in all honesty, I have absolutely no expectation whatsoever that he will ever complete this unpaid work. 

I suspect he may be in jail by Christmas (which is precisely where I would have sent him if I had been the Magistrate sentencing for the police assault). 

• Like 1

Many footballers today are given far more credit than they deserve. Talent with your feet does not mean intelligence, necessarily. Other celebrities, too are assigned knowledge that they do not possess.

We love what they do for BRFC but do we really want our daughters associated with them?

That's the litmus test for character. Not to be confused with what they can do for Rovers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If I remember rightly there were similar fitness issues just before something broke about him last time around ?

Hopefully if he gets his nut down we'll benefit for a few months with some quality stuff on the pitch like last time then his price will be high.

Sadly as much as I think he's a cracking talent I don't see a long and happy future with this lad at Rovers. The root cause of it is probably something to do with him not settling right well up here, not the club but area he most likely spends his spare time chasing up and down back to Essex as well as after that fame hungry skirt. That could well have contributed to him not doing what he should have.

The old 'he's here to play football and nothing else matters' is also possibly how the club have looked at it seeing as he was doing well but they should have looked beyond that knowing his character type.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, mick said:

Many footballers today are given far more credit than they deserve. Talent with your feet does not mean intelligence, necessarily. Other celebrities, too are assigned knowledge that they do not possess.

We love what they do for BRFC but do we really want our daughters associated with them?

That's the litmus test for character. Not to be confused with what they can do for Rovers. 

Or your sons to be like them? 

Mowbray's gonna get thanked for his support with a knife in the back here I feel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Or your sons to be like them? 

Mowbray's gonna get thanked for his support with a knife in the back here I feel.

He already has really he's gone out on a limb for him before plus he obviously feels responsible because he brought him to the club despite knowing there were problems.

If TM doesn't feel a bit let down he should, ok Dack has helped repay that faith on the pitch he's got to realise it's a full time thing and two wrongs don't make a right.

Sadly as much as I think he's a cracking talent I don't see a long and happy future with this lad at Rovers. The root cause of it is probably something to do with him not settling right well up here, not the club but area he most likely spends his spare time chasing up and down back to Essex as well as after that fame hungry skirt. That could well have contributed to him not doing what he should have.

Mowbray should find him a nice Lancashire lass and tell them to settle down in the Ribble valley. 

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray should find him a nice Lancashire lass and tell them to settle down in the Ribble valley. 

Different world where he's from I bet even Manchester doesn't live up to it and I don't think he'll grow out of it for a while yet. Mind you they managed to sort Sutton out similar to that so there's hope yet I suppose, meanwhile he's a lot of litter to pick up !!

Edited by tomphil

If I remember rightly there were similar fitness issues just before something broke about him last time around ?

Hopefully if he gets his nut down we'll benefit for a few months with some quality stuff on the pitch like last time then his price will be high.

The old 'he's here to play football and nothing else matters' is also possibly how the club have looked at it seeing as he was doing well but they should have looked beyond that knowing his character type.

I agree with much of this but let's not forget his outstanding role in getting us promoted. Even if we were to transfer him in January we would make a huge profit on the fee we paid.

So, this has been an outstanding acquisition in football terms.

However there are now problems with him of a different kind and the club has to work out its approach.

I'd put him on a very tight leash and give him one last chance. However I suspect he will blow it at some point and we will (should?) have funds to make up the loss.