BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

From a  twitter account Footy Accumulators https://twitter.com/FootyAccums

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to finally add to their squad this winter with Blackburn midfielder Bradley Dack being one of their targets!

Via @standardsport

@standardsport is the twitter account for the Evening Standard, just had a look through the Spuds news on the ES site but can't find any mention of it.

Edit : Found the article on the Evening Standard , which says they are thought to have watched Bradley Dack . Other websites are now picking it up (and putting their own slant on it ) but this is the earliest source as far as I can see

Website https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/juan-foyth-to-consider-tottenham-exit-in-january-if-overlooked-for-first-team-a3965461.html

Edited by perthblue02

Well I hope Levy gets the cheque book out cos he aint going to get Dack on the cheap. Like he tried with Grealish. 25 million pounds plus. But I think Mowbray and Venkys will keep Dack here if we are in playoffs or close to them. 

Plus Venkys are very tough to deal with. Good luck Levy ?

Fair point Chaddy , think JB summed it up well on twitter  Link

Imagine the negotiations between Venkys and Levy. Insane.

Levy: We will give you 10m. 2m upfront, 8m when we win the league

Balaji: I want 200m.

Levy: 200m? Are you insane?

Balaji: Yes.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 7

It won't be Venkys or Rovers or TM who decides to sell Dack to another club. It will be Dack himself, such is player power these days. I cannot see him going to WBA or another championship club. I was going to suggest that Burnley might make a bid.

However, if Spurs are really interested, it's a done deal at the right money. Dack will be going home to play for a top 6 Prem side.

• Like 1

Even Dack can be held to a newly signed contract though. No reason to let him go till its too late in his contract to get maximum return for the Club.

If we are still in with a chance of the play-offs in January, I'd be very surprised if he's allowed to leave beforel summer.

This is always, of course, assuming he wants to leave and the evidence for that is surely non-existent?

Spurs nearly bought Grealish by all accounts. Dack is of a similar quality. Considering the cost of their new Stadium I presume £50m+ deals won't be happening on a regular basis in the near future. Maybe Dack and Grealish are the type of relative bargains they are looking for.  

If they do make a reasonable bid of £20m+ then it's hard to see how Rovers can refuse. He'll want to go, any player in the Championship would. 

• Like 2

Will venkys even answer the phone? Or will they insist Levy travels to India to deal with them in person? With them, who knows? No point worrying about Dack leaving in January. If he's going, he'll go, and not a thing we say will make any difference. We can debate it, but we can't second guess what our owners will do

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Jesus wept. And people get paid to write this guff?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Spurs are constrained by the amount they can pay so they are unlikely to have the resources to prise a star player out of a Premier League club. So I would treat these reports seriously.

I would also watch Fulham who have the cash and could be seriously worried about staying up when January comes round.

Of course I hope Bradley continues with the Rovers. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet- in fact he might have far more to offer with the right players around him and this doesn't have to mean new signings- Davenport, Rothwell and Rodwell playing to what they are capable of could make a huge difference to the space and quality of balls Dack receives. 

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not a chance Spurs will come in for Dack. He’ll have a crack at the Prem at some point I’m sure, but he lacks that turn of pace to be a top 6 player for me. It’s the bottom half PL boys we’ll have to watch out for come January IMO. 

He's by no means slow and he's as strong as an Ox. He doesn't need devastating pace where he plays anyway, he gets his goals because he's knows where to be in the box and because he's a quality finisher. Personally, I think he'd score goals in any league.

• Like 1

Those saying Dack are slow are really doing him a disservice. Armstrong is quicker, but who do ye see beating players more often? Dack has the tricks to get past opponents and his strength and low center of gravity make it look as if he glides past them. I hope this "slow" thing doesn't become one of those tropes that gets said on here so much that people just start using it as gospel, when it isn't actually an issue at all. He is actually pretty quick running without the ball. It wouldn't be his main strength, but neither is it for ; Kroos, Modric and Hazard, to name a but a few.

I would well believe the Spurs link. I think he is a better player than Grealish and they were definitely in for him. It would be a terrible move for him though, David Bentley esque written all over it. 

• Like 1

I'm not really interested in what Spurs do. I'm very doubtful that they will be targeting players like Dack in January with Champions League qualification up for grabs. But if they are interested then what will be will be. I don't think anyone could have any serious complaints if he wanted to go or if Rovers held their hands up and let him go.

A club with a lot more money, in a higher league, at the top end of that league, in European competition = fair enough all round. We don't want it to happen but we accept it is a step up at this stage and that is fair enough.

My gripe comes when we get the Nixon fuelled transfer rumours to mediocre Championship clubs. That isn't a step up and I would be very unhappy if Rovers allowed such a thing to happen.

• Like 4

No player has gone to a Championship team even in the region of £20 million and that will be the base rate starting point for a bid! Last player to go for a lot was Neves and that was to Wolves (who are minted)

But then again the transfer record has to be broken and it only takes once to break it!

On 17/10/2018 at 16:34, Sparks Rover said:

I'd say his physicality will put prem teams off.  How old is he? Doesn't look fit, needs to lose half a stone at least and get with a sprint coach.

I think his “arse” is a big part of why the lad is such a tricky customer. Ahem... 

How many number 10’s or creative inside forwards lack physicality? Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’re correct about peak physical fitness but he doesn’t half use his weight well at times. Really good balance and technique.

Stick a knack for a finish or through ball on that, you’ve a player probably able to play at any level. I wouldn’t write him off personally.

With Dack comes the propensity to mess it up via private life. Delicate balancing act because we could turn down offers only to lose in a different way. 

Hopefully lad sees he is a good season away from being made for life, either with us or elsewhere. 

Edited by Biz
  • Like 3