BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 hours ago, renrag said:

I think there are some comparisons which can be made with the careers of Dack and Simon Garner. I have no doubt if it hadn’t been for his liking for a pint glass and fags, Garner would have been snapped up by one of the big clubs, and would never have been at Ewood long enough to become the legend which he is. For very different reasons, Dack could well fall into the same category.

I've only seen Dack around the  Christmas / New Year period and he didn't look all that. Apparently he was having a dip in form at the time and he looked a little heavy and not quick enough for the Premier League. My mates, who are season ticket holders, tell me he's special and his goal against West Brom suggested that he might be but I'd be very surprised if the likes of West Ham or Palace would be prepared to stump up anything north of 12m.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I've only seen Dack around the  Christmas / New Year period and he didn't look all that. Apparently he was having a dip in form at the time and he looked a little heavy and not quick enough for the Premier League. My mates, who are season ticket holders, tell me he's special and his goal against West Brom suggested that he might be but I'd be very surprised if the likes of West Ham or Palace would be prepared to stump anything north of 12m.

I get what you're saying but the way Premier League teams are throwing the dosh at players you've never heard of means I wouldn't rule it out.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I get what you're saying but the way Premier League teams are throwing the dosh at players you've never heard of means I wouldn't rule it out.

I think I might be one of the few that wouldn't mind too much if you were proved correct. 

9 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Nope, never a joke.

He is a Premier League style player. When given room to play (which he would be given at that level) he’s quality. Best player on the pitch against Everton and Liverpool last year.

He got the time and space naturally in League One because the defending was that poor, but somehow in the Championship he’s managed 20 something goal contributions whilst being man marked out of the game, often under extreme high press.

The same simply wouldn’t happen against most Premier League teams who adopt a very counter attacking, let the other team play, style. Hence his quality displays against Newcastle in the FA Cup also.

ps. It’s my opinion ???

He's going to get more time and space in a technically, athletically and tactically superior league?

I don't think so.

Much like Grealish - if he was all that he'd have bossed the Championship. It only gets more difficult the higher you go in the pyramid.

• Like 1

There's something to be said for Dack being the main man in this league, he's clearly our dangerman and plenty of teams have taken the approach 'stop Dack, stop Blackburn'.

For what it's worth, I think Dack's of the quality of a good (not CL) top fight team, but probably not to be talisman like he is for us now. Wouldn't put him in the same class as Le Tiss or Dunny (I'm still one of those who think under slightly different circumstances, Dunny would've played for one of the elite clubs with 50 caps for England). They could do it despite being marked men. But I see no reason whatsover if he was in Bournemouth's, Watford's, West Ham's teams, along with a few others, that he wouldn't slot right in there and do well. Playing with better players would do him the world of good in my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's going to get more time and space in a technically, athletically and tactically superior league?

I don't think so.

Much like Grealish - if he was all that he'd have bossed the Championship. It only gets more difficult the higher you go in the pyramid.

You’re clearly ignoring my point. If you can’t see that Premier League teams, besides Man City, don’t adopt a high press, and let their opposition play, then you’re not looking hard enough.

Of course it’s a tougher league, but the style of Premier League football suits Dack’s playing style.

And both Dack and Grealish have “bossed the Championship”. He may have off days but over 20 goals contributions is awesome stuff.

Edited by JoeHarvey

2 hours ago, renrag said:

I think there are some comparisons which can be made with the careers of Dack and Simon Garner. I have no doubt if it hadn’t been for his liking for a pint glass and fags, Garner would have been snapped up by one of the big clubs, and would never have been at Ewood long enough to become the legend which he is. For very different reasons, Dack could well fall into the same category.

Liverpool were keeping an eye on him for a while but in the end felt he was to small so size could have held Garner back a bit as well.

More similarities to Dunn really for me but yes he could end up just being happy plodding at Rovers because it allows him the lifestyle he has and pays him enough to sustain it. That won't last long with this modern breed though so couldn't see him reaching Garner status , Simon was obviously very settled around here with the mates he made and the pubs he went in.  Bradley will get bored before long he's more suited to the nightclubs of London and Essex I think.

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Dack could become a top-level player, and then potentially world-class

He has no work ethic, and this alone will stop him becoming even a good premier league player.  

If I have a premier league team with 10 outfield places, Dack can only play in one position due to his lack of pace and power, so he's a squad player at best. No pace and very lazy

• Like 1

Dacks biggest problem is his lack of pace.

He also looks heavy but that's probably because he looks a bit slow.

However I don think his work ethic on the pitch is as bad as this thread makes it believe.

I can see a ceiling to Dacks ability which is probably lower Prem. I do think that, injury free, Chapman has more chance of an England call up than Dack if he progresses (and gets a game).

Edited by Hasta

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here.

Barring a couple of spells where we went off the boil, he's been our talisman and top scorer for the last two seasons. 

If he does leave, we will miss him a lot more than he misses us. 

This!

We see in the papers and on social media Dack’s private life and to be brutally honest it probably isn’t half as bad as plenty of footballers. At this very club we have more than likely had plenty of incidents of “injuries” when players have been in trouble or had private matters that didn’t reach the papers.

Dack will simply be one of many players we will miss more once he is gone than appreciate whilst he is here.

Could he adjust his life to be a better player, probably ... would he be here if he was a better player, no.

Edited by cesus

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

There's something to be said for Dack being the main man in this league, he's clearly our dangerman and plenty of teams have taken the approach 'stop Dack, stop Blackburn'.

For what it's worth, I think Dack's of the quality of a good (not CL) top fight team, but probably not to be talisman like he is for us now. Wouldn't put him in the same class as Le Tiss or Dunny (I'm still one of those who think under slightly different circumstances, Dunny would've played for one of the elite clubs with 50 caps for England). They could do it despite being marked men. But I see no reason whatsover if he was in Bournemouth's, Watford's, West Ham's teams, along with a few others, that he wouldn't slot right in there and do well. Playing with better players would do him the world of good in my opinion.

Couple of really good points there.

The fact that Dack can be stopped at this level is why I think he would struggle at a higher standard. He’s a bit of a luxury player and you would need a pacy striker ahead of him.

Now, if he didn’t have a liking for the C-list celebrity life style and got his head head down to get fit and flying then he may be a different proposition. How many times did we say the same thing about Dunny though...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here.

Barring a couple of spells where we went off the boil, he's been our talisman and top scorer for the last two seasons. 

If he does leave, we will miss him a lot more than he misses us. 

I think he spent a lot of last season being lazy and not interested.  Irrespective of his private life. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I think he spent a lot of last season being lazy and not interested.  Irrespective of his private life. 

Yet he ended it our top scorer, for the second season in a row.

It's a funny old game.....

• Like 2

He would always be top scorer or thereabouts every season anyway as the team is set up for him to score. DG has run him close the past two seasons but primarily he is playing as a target man whereas Dack is meant to be there to pick up the pieces. 

Not sure this lack of pace thing means much in the PL, he has a knack of timing his runs perfectly and being where he needs to be to get his goals. Plenty of top players that you'd hardly call quick.

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The fact that Dack can be stopped at this level is why I think he would struggle at a higher standard. He’s a bit of a luxury player and you would need a pacy striker ahead of him.

Now, if he didn’t have a liking for the C-list celebrity life style and got his head head down to get fit and flying then he may be a different proposition. How many times did we say the same thing about Dunny though...

Yet he's excelled and formed a brilliant partnership with Danny Graham...

I don't understand this whole celebrity lifestyle that he is leading? His Mrs is a reality star, whatever you think about her is irrelevant, what has Dack actually done in the press to constitute such criticism? He posts on instagram - so does everyone from his generation. He gets put in the paper - not exactly his fault.

As far as I am concerned he turns up for training every day, has consistently performed over 2 successful seasons for us and has not once come out in the press of his own accord. What celeb lifestyle is he chasing? Orrrrrrrrrrrr, alternatively, and more likely, are you comparing apples with pears by basing this false opinion on him simply because he likes a girl that has become famous by being a reality star? ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He would always be top scorer or thereabouts every season anyway as the team is set up for him to score. DG has run him close the past two seasons but primarily he is playing as a target man whereas Dack is meant to be there to pick up the pieces. 

Not sure this lack of pace thing means much in the PL, he has a knack of timing his runs perfectly and being where he needs to be to get his goals. Plenty of top players that you'd hardly call quick.

He's not fast by any means but what he has got is a good change of pace. He can go from jogging to medium pace rapidly and he runs directly at people so they have to stop, then he goes past them. Chapman is a classic example of a player who has pace to burn but hasn't yet realised how to use it to the maximum.

• Like 1

Just now, renrag said:

Surprised that height was a problem for Liverpool, I would think he was taller than Dalglish, Keegan or Beardsley

I can't remember which point it was at but possibly before Rush but the bit I read said they wanted someone taller which obviously Rush was.

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It would be interesting to see how Dack would do at this level when there clear danger-men all over the park (hopefully this may be us next year with Rothwell playing a more prominent role). I recall in the better periods under Bowyer that Rudy, Conway, King and Cairney all had their best runs by far when other teams couldn't afford to just target one player. Marshall too played his best football by a mile when he wasn't our go-to creative outlet. Strangely Rhodes was better in my view when the rest of the team was awful, but that was probably an exception!

Anyway, back on Dack, I think most teams have targeted him this year, but his goals & assists suggest that plenty didn't manage it! Totally accept that he has struggled at times though, and that better teams in the Prem would find this easier. I think my point is better made when looking at a player that our 6 fingered friends down the road had. If a pre-injury Jay Rodriguez was the star man in a top flight team, I'd say that he could be made to look like he wasn't all that special rather easily. Put him in a Southampton team with 4 or 5 other danger-men, then he flourishes to the extent that he gets an England jersey. I could see a similar sort of thing happening with Dack.

Come to think of it, I think you could probably say the same about most attacking talent that comes up through the lower leagues (with the odd exception like Vardy). Some of them are definitely up to it in the right team, but if the rest of the squad are below that level, then not only does the team struggle, but it probably has a knock on effect on how well the player performs as an individual with too much responsibility on their shoulders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yet he's excelled and formed a brilliant partnership with Danny Graham...

I don't understand this whole celebrity lifestyle that he is leading? His Mrs is a reality star, whatever you think about her is irrelevant, what has Dack actually done in the press to constitute such criticism? He posts on instagram - so does everyone from his generation. He gets put in the paper - not exactly his fault.

As far as I am concerned he turns up for training every day, has consistently performed over 2 successful seasons for us and has not once come out in the press of his own accord. What celeb lifestyle is he chasing? Orrrrrrrrrrrr, alternatively, and more likely, are you comparing apples with pears by basing this false opinion on him simply because he likes a girl that has become famous by being a reality star? ? 

Erm, in L1 and as part of a Championship side with a very mediocre finish.

Not sure why you don’t feel that a celebrity lifestyle can be a distraction preventing a modern footballer reaching the top of his game. Each to their own.

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure why you don’t feel that a celebrity lifestyle can be a distraction preventing a modern footballer reaching the top of his game. Each to their own.

This seems to be the main gripe with Dack.

Where does the notion that he's George Best reincarnated come from?

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet he ended it our top scorer, for the second season in a row.

It's a funny old game.....

Thank venkys for that , I suppose if you lower the bar enough people will be happy with mediocrity,  and Bradley Dack is mediocre 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1