BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

12 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Can’t believe that he isn’t being paid in line with our highest earners now.

Pay him more, extend his contract by a year (or two), and put in a £25/30m release clause. Think that would make sense for both sides.

I found that a particularly confusing line too. Especially since it was the rationale given for the last deal last summer.

Either that deal didn't put him in line with the top earners last year...or the new boys are being paid a fair chunk more than our top earners from last year. I'd put my money on the latter.

Hope we give him the right length of contract this time. Has to be four years, or, like I said last summer, we will just be here again next year.

Edited by bluebruce

5 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

The last deal he signed was ridiculous from the clubs point of view. Nothing in there to protect us given the length of the deal.

We really need to tie him down to a 4 year deal. Allow a release clause for a healthy amount which is invalid if we achieve promotion. That way he knows if he performs well he will get a move and he gets a wage increase to boot. Protects us from losing him on the cheap if he enters the final year of his contract. 

There was another article in the LT the other day about him not being fully appreciated. I think it is fair to say he has transformed the club. We wouldn't be where we are without his goals. He works his socks off, he has a touch of class and has been a major part of the fans reconnecting with the club. Him, Graham, mulgrew and mowbray. 

Class player and long may he continue in our colours. 

One of the players who you'd go to the game just to watch him play. In a world of very ordinary players he can do the extraordinary.

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

It’s a travesty that he’s not already the best paid player at the club, as he’s certainly the best player.

I reckon he probably was previously until we brought in the likes of Downing, Gallagher, Holtby and perhaps Johnson. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JacknOry said:

I reckon he probably was previously until we brought in the likes of Downing, Gallagher, Holtby and perhaps Johnson. 

I’d say he’s far better than Gallagher tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

Not disputing that but we all know Gallagher was on large wages at Southampton. 25k often gets touted. Even if he agreed to a bit less I would wager he is still among our top earners. Just saying that I have a feeling that the players that came in are on bigger wages than what we had here before and thus they are putting Dack back up at the top.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

The last deal he signed was ridiculous from the clubs point of view. Nothing in there to protect us given the length of the deal.

We really need to tie him down to a 4 year deal. Allow a release clause for a healthy amount which is invalid if we achieve promotion. That way he knows if he performs well he will get a move and he gets a wage increase to boot. Protects us from losing him on the cheap if he enters the final year of his contract. 

There was another article in the LT the other day about him not being fully appreciated. I think it is fair to say he has transformed the club. We wouldn't be where we are without his goals. He works his socks off, he has a touch of class and has been a major part of the fans reconnecting with the club. Him, Graham, mulgrew and mowbray. 

Class player and long may he continue in our colours. 

I'm not a fan of release clauses. They should be avoided when possible and set sky high when not. Otherwise, I agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Normally wages are commensurate with transfer fees so I would have thought the likes of Gallagher and Brereton came in on decent money. Dack has earned his new deals and proved himself and should be our highest paid player. 

• Like 1

Lots of malicious rumours around about Bradley Dack and Bradley Johnson at the minute in connection with the Derby County drunk driving incident. 

The video which had been rumoured to feature the voice of Bradley Dack, was actually the voice of a Shrewsbury Town player, and Bradley Johnson has denied all accusations since on his Instagram page. 

Somebody quite rightly pointed out on another thread that when you listen to BD interviews on other topics, the voices aren't too similar at all, so its good that that can be cleared up. Would like to hope our players could never be so thick!

56 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Lots of malicious rumours around about Bradley Dack and Bradley Johnson at the minute in connection with the Derby County drunk driving incident. 

The video which had been rumoured to feature the voice of Bradley Dack, was actually the voice of a Shrewsbury Town player, and Bradley Johnson has denied all accusations since on his Instagram page. 

Somebody quite rightly pointed out on another thread that when you listen to BD interviews on other topics, the voices aren't too similar at all, so its good that that can be cleared up. Would like to hope our players could never be so thick!

Does look rather like Johnson on the latest video that has appeared on the sun website though

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Have you seen both versions doing the rounds? One is slightly longer than the other and starts with the guy saying “Bradley Johnson, he’s with us now” which would suggest it is a Rovers player.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackajover/status/1177317863092363264?s=12

47 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Have you seen both versions doing the rounds? One is slightly longer than the other and starts with the guy saying “Bradley Johnson, he’s with us now” which would suggest it is a Rovers player.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackajover/status/1177317863092363264?s=12

Yes but hearing on twitter that it may apparently be a wind up by another person pretending to be Dack.

The voice on the video clearly isn’t Dack, why would he be called Jay?

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Well Steven Gerrard was once said to have had an affair with his wife's sister who doesn't exist, and captain Pugwash was supposedly full of innuendo. Lies can become 'truth' very quickly.

Yes, Good point. I think the Pugwash creator actually won apologies and settlements from more than one newspaper..

Roger, the cabin boy replaced "Tom" in the rumour.."Seaman Staines" and "Master Bates" never existed in any series....

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Well Steven Gerrard was once said to have had an affair with his wife's sister who doesn't exist, and captain Pugwash was supposedly full of innuendo. Lies can become 'truth' very quickly.

Captain Pugwash?. That’s scurrilous. You should walk the plank for that insinuation 

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yes but hearing on twitter that it may apparently be a wind up by another person pretending to be Dack.

The voice on the video clearly isn’t Dack, why would he be called Jay?

Seems oddly specific and a bit weird that someone would pretend to be Dack. Not saying it is, and can’t say I really know what he sounds like. Even if it is Dack, I don’t see that it reflects poorly on him in any way.

I presumed the JaySP was Jay Spearing and that the voice recording was just flying round footballers WhatsApp groups and beyond.

Looks like Johnson in the background of this video, albeit not the best quality. 

He still lives down there but not sure why he’d be going on the piss at their ‘team building’ night, even if they are all old friends. 

If it is him, Mowbray won’t be impressed. Holtby and Travis together tomorrow?

CA5EE568-9864-431F-B3C0-2085A586F042.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Seems oddly specific and a bit weird that someone would pretend to be Dack. Not saying it is, and can’t say I really know what he sounds like. Even if it is Dack, I don’t see that it reflects poorly on him in any way.

I presumed the JaySP was Jay Spearing and that the voice recording was just flying round footballers WhatsApp groups and beyond.

Yeah it could be, plus Jay Spearing born 1988, also has an 8 in his Twitter @. The username on that video has an 8 too so would start to add up.

Maybe it’s Walton on the recording? Just a thought.

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Looks like Johnson in the background of this video, albeit not the best quality. 

He still lives down there but not sure why he’d be going on the piss at their ‘team building’ night, even if they are all old friends. 

If it is him, Mowbray won’t be impressed. Holtby and Travis together tomorrow?

CA5EE568-9864-431F-B3C0-2085A586F042.jpeg

The team bonding session apparently ended at 8pm.  So he could have turned up after to join these fruitloops.