BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, LeftWinger said:

We've only conceded 2 in the last 6 games. I think Walton is slowly starting to look a capable keeper at this level. 

Yes, but he is still not our keeper. He will be gone at the end of the season. So I think it is smart to get our own this window, so he will be integrated to the club when the next season starts.

Anyways on Dack, I will be very surprised if he plays more this season.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As they haven’t done so, already this season, let’s hope they have a complete 180 and start doing so with some urgency....

Given that the medics will have been with Dack for almost an hour before Mowbray was interviewed and he was still talking about tears and very emotional dressing room , I think this is more likely to be  a season ender sadly. I'm preparing myself for the ''9 months but he's in good hands'' followed by 'the operation was a success and he will ''come back stronger'' routine. Hammer blow purely from the goals perspective . 

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not sure why anyone is downplaying Dack’s injury, it’s absolutely catastrophic.

Even if we have got people to fill in his position, let’s hope they remember their shooting boots, as his goals are going to be the hardest thing to replace!!

Too true. Some are using the win at Bristol City and saying we won and played well without him but over an extended period his absence will have huge impact He is probably our most important player in my view.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dreyski said:

Can Mowbray get a full 90 minutes out of  Holtby though?

Speaking to a Spurs fan around the time of the signing, who said he didn’t get a fair go as he always seemed to be bollocksed after about an hour.

Same thing my Spurs fan mate said. That he looked good but had fitness issues.

• Like 1

If the injury is as bad as we fear then no doubt that this is a serious blow to our chances of pushing for promotion. However it gives those who replace him the opportunity to shine. 

Ironically, before the injury Rothwell had been poor but afterwards he sprang to life as if suddenly realising that more would be expected of him.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 2

Just now, TBTF said:

Given that the medics will have been with Dack for almost an hour before Mowbray was interviewed and he was still talking about tears and very emotional dressing room , I think this is more likely to be  a season ender sadly. I'm preparing myself for the ''9 months but he's in good hands'' followed by 'the operation was a success and he will ''come back stronger'' routine. Hammer blow purely from the goals perspective . 

It is going to be a season ender. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. He was clearly in a lot of instant pain because he felt it snap. 

He'll only just be getting it scanned today, so everything is just speculation so far, but if the dressing room was emotional etc. they know that it is a terrible injury.  

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have to disagree Parsonblue. If Dack is only to be out for 8 weeks I wouldnt replace him. 

I would play Holtby in the 10 role playing off Gallagher for Birmingham game. Armstrong and Rothwell wide.

For me, we need a keeper, left back and centre back in this window.  

Where are the goals there? We might have alternative bodies but we are so reliant on Dacks goals and without him I cant see where they are going to come from. I think we are desperate for a wide man and also an attacker who can score with regularity. As much as I dont rate Walton, and as much as I worry at the depth beneath our 2 capable centre backs, in terms of first team, the main 2 priorities have to be someone to put the ball in the back of the net, even if its a loan, and a left back which will also give us more flexibility with Downing. We do also need a winger or 2, a goalkeeper and a centre back in the next 6 months but its about priorities and scoring goals is a major one. Hoping that Gallagher and in particular Brereton start scoring with sudden regularity is beyond wishful thinking.

• Like 2

Not sure about the 10 week recovery fir mcl injuries I did mine and couldn’t walk for 6 weeks! One things for certain we need a playmaker so why not raid city or Liverpool for one of their future stars? Pep will be watching Tosin and will be pleased at the way we have played 

48 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

If the injury is as bad as we fear then no doubt that this is a serious blow to our chances of pushing for promotion. However it gives those who replace him the opportunity to shine. 

Ironically, before the injury Rothwell had been poor but afterwards he sprang to life as if suddenly realising that more would be expected of him.

Rothwell had a couple of quite games prior to last night but I wouldn’t have called him poor last night. Not unless there were 8 or 9 abysmal players with him.

So bad we’re we that Walton was easily a contender for MoM. Travis being awarded it was a bit ‘meh’.

• Like 2

Weirdly, I've done my ACL twice, In fact I'm currently without an ACL as I haven't had it repaired a second time as it's likely to go again, for a third time! At first I thought it looked a nailed on ACL but both times I've done mine there was very little pain, in fact the first time I tried to play on for 5 or so minutes. Watched it a few times since and he doesn't appear to straighten or overextend the leg too much so hopefully not an ACL. 

Obviously everyone is different but having done mine twice I didn't think (after watching it a few times) that it was his ACL. In fact of the two knee injuries I was more worried about Evans being an ACL has he did the trying to run it off and then realising he could weight bare, which had all the hallmarks of ACL.

Anyway, really hope he recovers ASAP whatever the injury is.

• Like 2

Don't get how people expect Rothwell and Holtby to replace Dack. They might replace work outside of the box but inside the box statistically he is twice as good as a goal poacher.

I think the only way we cope without him is if Tosin and Lenihan continue to look rock solid at the back and enable us to nick games with the odd goal or two.

Get him back fired up and raring to go by March if Kamy's diagnosis is to be believed.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Just now, Hasta said:

Don't get how people expect Rothwell and Holtby to replace Dark. They might replace work outside of the box but inside the box statistically he is twice as good as a goal poacher.

I think the only way we cope without him is if Tosin and Lenihan continue to look rock solid at the back and enable us to nick games with the odd goal or two.

Get him back fired up and raring to go by March if Kamy's diagnosis is to be believed.

The diagram Kamy posted, the poor guy had snapped his ACL, MCL and was born without a kneecap.  Poor bugger ?

• Like 2

I thought Dacky looked poor yesterday and a bit unfit and we looked better with Holtby on the pitch. But I really hope its not a serious injury and Dack is back in a few weeks time!! Dack is player that create and scores but needs players like Holtby around him.

Really hope it's not serious. Dack has been immense for us since coming here and we have a lot to be thankful for. He was on an upwards trajectory in terms of his career and if it's a particularly bad injury it's going to be not so much the time he is out for initially, but the effect it might have on future injuries. As TM has said, he deserves to have a shot at Premier League football one day and hopefully this injury is not a major setback for him.

It's a blow for the team, but I think we'll be okay with either Rothwell or Holtby filling in.