BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We signed Gallagher in March not after Shearer got unjured

We signed him because the performances unsurprisingly nose dived after Shearer got injured.

We didn't "find a way to keep winning" as you said. We won just 2 league games in Between January and Gallagher arriving at the end of March, and crashed out of both cups.  We should easily have got past Sheffield united in the fa cup QF but drew a blank at Ewood and ended up having to throw Steve livingstone into the mix for the replay.

The signings of Gallagher and Le Saux revitalised us for the last couple of months and nearly dragged us back into Europe. Losing Shearer was a disaster for what might have been that season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I remember when Tony Field , Simon Garner, David Speedie, Alan Shearer, Andy Cole, Jordan Rhodes, left, people said who will score the goals for us. Let’s see what happens.

Great point! Add Bellamy, Roque Santa Cruz and Benny McCarthy to that list...

Holtby has all the tools to succeed Dack. Maybe the time has come for Gallagher and Brereton to live up to their price tags and deliver. A chance for Buckley and / or JRC to step up? 

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Maybe the time has come for Gallagher and Brereton to live up to their price tags and deliver. 

I don't get this post. You make it sound like its their decision whether they should  play much better or not. Surely, if it were within their power, they would have made that decision months ago. Nobody wants to be a failure do they?

The fees paid are nothing to do with them either. Why can't we accept that a) we paid too much and b) that constituted poor recruitment by the club?

Not their fault but the the idea that they can suddenly make themselves worth what Rovers paid for them is ridiculous.

Its a transfer of blame isn't it?

PS---I haven't entirely given up on Gallagher, there's some sort of footballer in there somewhere, but the fact remains we have several central strikers on the books and none of them score regularly. Who do you blame for that? I always thought the buck stops with the manager?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah, he had terms agreed with WBA and approval from Tony and is currently gutted. True story. 

Assuming that's true, and I'm prepared to go along with it, that presumably scuppers some transfers we had lined up? :(

Just now, 47er said:

Assuming that's true, and I'm prepared to go along with it, that presumably scuppers some transfers we had lined up? :(

Probably puts us back about 6 months and a good few million pounds. When he’s fit again next season he will have 12 months left on his deal and we are looking at a summer transfer rather than a January transfer, where the market is inflated. Not good news at all. 

Just now, J*B said:

Probably puts us back about 6 months and a good few million pounds. When he’s fit again next season he will have 12 months left on his deal and we are looking at a summer transfer rather than a January transfer, where the market is inflated. Not good news at all. 

How much was WBA offering for Dack? 

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah, he had terms agreed with WBA and approval from Tony and is currently gutted. True story. 

Wow. Big news.

His shot at the Premier League gone in flash. Tough to take.

To be honest, I'm not sure how well he would have cut it at that level. But he deserved the chance to give it a crack.

Gutted for him, and gutted for us. Proper spanner in the works. 

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't get this post. You make it sound like its their decision whether they should  play much better or not. Surely, if it were within their power, they would have made that decision months ago. Nobody wants to be a failure do they?

The fees paid are nothing to do with them either. Why can't we accept that a) we paid too much and b) that constituted poor recruitment by the club?

Not their fault but the the idea that they can suddenly make themselves worth what Rovers paid for them is ridiculous.

Its a transfer of blame isn't it?

PS---I haven't entirely given up on Gallagher, there's some sort of footballer in there somewhere, but the fact remains we have several central strikers on the books and none of them score regularly. Who do you blame for that? I always thought the buck stops with the manager?

My point is that With Dack potentially out for the foreseeable, I Think it provides an opportunity for the likes of Holtby, Gallagher, Buckley and Brereton etc to step forward out of the shadows. None of them have had an extended period in those top two positions and the team has been historically set up for Dack. 

With respect, the people who signed them know a lot more about footballers than you or I. The only thing ridiculous here is you thinking otherwise. 

There’s lots of reasons why Brereton and Gally haven’t scored. Not being good enough, Time on the pitch, injury, settling in periods, formations, confidence, opportunities Etc etc. I don’t think it’s any one persons fault. I just feel like if I were one of them now I’d see This as a huge opportunity to make the position my own over an extended run.

We’ll know whether the manager thinks they’re ready to step in if he trusts them to do so. 

Edited by Paul Mani

5 hours ago, Silas said:

Wow. Big news.

To be honest, I'm not sure how well he would have cut it at that level. But he deserved the chance to give it a crack.

Gutted for us!!? Give your head a wobble pal...we’d have been mortified if A fully fit and firing Dack had been sold in January.

IF this story is true, and I doubt it, then the injury has saved our outrage and potentially Tony’s job. There’s no simple replacing Dack in January. Even with £20m in your pocket

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J*B said:

You do know there’s no benefit selling in an inflated market, when you have to replace that player in the same market though right? I would’ve been furious had we sold him in January. Absolutely livid.

As far as I can see. If the deal was to go ahead then for sure the injury has crushed his dream, but it’s done us and Tony a BIG favour. 

The reality is that he’ll have 12 months left in the summer. So his value, not withstanding how much of an impact this injury will have on him, is now on the slide.

The days of hoping for £10/15 million have gone, unless the club pulls a rabbit out of the hat and agrees a new deal. So not sure how much of a knock on this will have on our future budgets as the mood music from TM in recent months was that he’d be off sooner rather than later with that fee to be used on a re-build.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If a deal was agreed with WBA then why did Dack play against Wigan?

I dont see why WBA want him when they have Perrira who plays the 10 role for them already. Yes I know hes on loan but I believe they can buy him for 7 million pounds

I wonder if Dack's agent turned down the new contract that Mowbray mentions in this interview from the end of November. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18070592.latest-rovers-contract-talks-star-man-bradley-dack/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wonder if Dack's agent turned down the new contract that Mowbray mentions in this interview from the end of November. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18070592.latest-rovers-contract-talks-star-man-bradley-dack/

I can completely see why Dack would want to join them in January. They’re a foot in the PL, more money and closer to home.

BUT I cannot see how the injury is a bad thing for us in that respect. Regardless of whether or not his value would’ve depreciated 20% by waiting until the summer, we (the fans) would’ve demanded that he stay and give Us the best chance of promotion. January is the WORST time to sell your best player. Because no one else is selling theirs. Unless you’re paying double!

Chances are he’ll sign a new contract because I can’t see WBA coming back in for him after that injury and promotion.

As I said. Terrible news for Dack. Genuinely do feel for him. But if the rumours are true, this is the best possible outcome for Blackburn Rovers. Who are my only concern.

Dack to WBA has all the makings of Rhodes to Boro, just a signing to help them over the line, then probably sign someone better in the summer.

One to watch on the summer for me is Watford, could see them making a move for Dack if they come down.

9 hours ago, Silas said:

Wow. Big news.

To me he'd a good buy for any Championship team looking to get promoted, which, of course W Brom are, but i don't see him as Premiership material somehow. Get promoted and sell him to another team looking for promotion!

He's not really a striker, he's not got an all-round mid-fielder's game. A real one-off.

• Like 1