BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The reality is that he’ll have 12 months left in the summer. So his value, not withstanding how much of an impact this injury will have on him, is now on the slide.

The days of hoping for £10/15 million have gone, unless the club pulls a rabbit out of the hat and agrees a new deal. So not sure how much of a knock on this will have on our future budgets as the mood music from TM in recent months was that he’d be off sooner rather than later with that fee to be used on a re-build.

Significant that he never signed a new deal.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

My point is that With Dack potentially out for the foreseeable, I Think it provides an opportunity for the likes of Holtby, Gallagher, Buckley and Brereton etc to step forward out of the shadows. None of them have had an extended period in those top two positions and the team has been historically set up for Dack. 

With respect, the people who signed them know a lot more about footballers than you or I. The only thing ridiculous here is you thinking otherwise. 

There’s lots of reasons why Brereton and Gally haven’t scored. Not being good enough, Time on the pitch, injury, settling in periods, formations, confidence, opportunities Etc etc. I don’t think it’s any one persons fault. I just feel like if I were one of them now I’d see This as a huge opportunity to make the position my own over an extended run.

We’ll know whether the manager thinks they’re ready to step in if he trusts them to do so. 

It provides an opportunity alright but I agree with K-Hod----where's the evidence that Brereton in particular will step up?

If the people who signed him know more than I do then why did they sign him?

Rhodes left at a time our club had just left embargo, changed manager and he was being paid far more than anyone else in the club. The comparison ignores the context of the time.

I cannot see how we’d be “forced” to lose Dack in the same way.

In a brief conversation with a WBA fan this morning, he said any investment at their end in January is likely to be focussed on pacy centre forward attacking options to play off Austin, like the hull lad or Dwight Gayle.

Equally the noises coming out of Ewood have suggested ALL of our better players are likely to  move on if we aren’t promoted, notably our captain too.

So Perhaps in such a worrying time for our talisman - maybe simply reporting updates on his injury and not making up transfer rumours is a better use of his thread? Would’ve saved me a few text messages to Brum this morning anyway.

Just now, 47er said:

It provides an opportunity alright but I agree with K-Hod----where's the evidence that Brereton in particular will step up?

If the people who signed him know more than I do then why did they sign him?

He negated the point where Dack has started over 100 games, and whilst I’m as concerned for him as anyone - if we’d started Holtby for 100 games in his position (including league 1) would he be that far off in stats?

Equally - most surprising and well rounded performance this season; 442 away at Bristol with no Dack (SG and BB) upfront. Perhaps the silver lining is we already have potential /investment waiting in the wings to take their chance.

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

Equally - most surprising and well rounded performance this season; 442 away at Bristol with no Dack (SG and BB) upfront. Perhaps the silver lining is we already have potential /investment waiting in the wings to take their chance.

You think BB's performance in the Bristol game was worthy of note do you? He was rubbish! We won despite having him on.

Gallagher was loads better, average performance from him!

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

You think BB's performance in the Bristol game was worthy of note do you? He was rubbish! We won despite having him on.

Gallagher was loads better, average performance from him!

Brereton looked bereft of confidence in that game, which has a knock on with decision making, body language etc; which is understandable since I think he’s played up front a handful of times in 18 months. Once in a 2.

Equally, you can’t win “despite” someone, he did his tracking / pressing and helped start a few moves off. Gallagher however was a class above, and despite others suggesting he was a waste, to me looks to be getting fitter, stronger, faster and more in tune with what the management want from him!

3 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Rhodes left at a time our club had just left embargo, changed manager and he was being paid far more than anyone else in the club. The comparison ignores the context of the time.

In a brief conversation with a WBA fan this morning, he said any investment at their end in January is likely to be focussed on pacy centre forward attacking options to play off Austin, like the hull lad or Dwight Gayle.

Equally the noises coming out of Ewood have suggested ALL of our better players are likely to  move on if we aren’t promoted, notably our captain too.

So Perhaps in such a worrying time for our talisman - maybe simply reporting updates on his injury and not making up transfer rumours is a better use of his thread? Would’ve saved me a few text messages to Brum this morning anyway.

When were there any noises that we would lose ALL of our better players should we not get promotion? The closest I’ve seen is TM admitting that teams can sell their best player, reinvest and get stronger. Example James Maddison.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Brereton looked bereft of confidence in that game, which has a knock on with decision making, body language etc; which is understandable since I think he’s played up front a handful of times in 18 months. Once in a 2.

Equally, you can’t win “despite” someone, he did his tracking / pressing and helped start a few moves off. Gallagher however was a class above, and despite others suggesting he was a waste, to me looks to be getting fitter, stronger, faster and more in tune with what the management want from him!

Brereton has looked bereft of confidence since the day he arrived. Get real.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

When were there any noises that we would lose ALL of our better players should we not get promotion? The closest I’ve seen is TM admitting that teams can sell their best player, reinvest and get stronger. Example James Maddison.

That’s pretty much what I meant - there’s loads of quotes from TM mentioning how we need promotion to keep the Dacks and Lenihans at this club.

Im surprised we haven’t lost one (bar Raya) yet.

Just now, 47er said:

Brereton has looked bereft of confidence since the day he arrived. Get real.

Classic 47er- you don’t agree? Must be wrong aka get real. 

Id rather continue to sit on the fence personally - he hasn’t offered anywhere near what we’ve paid for him but that’s no reason  suggest a 20 year old is finished. So from my perspective 47er- you’re well off the mark.

Just now, 47er said:

Nonsense. Keith Andrews/Jason Lowe/ and I'm sure there's others if I thought hard enough.

But Brereton is up there sadly. Contributes virtually nothing.

Lowe had over 100 appearances in different positions, and even Big Sam continued to put Andrews in when he took over Ince.

All you’ve achieved with those two examples is prove that Brereton has never even had a decent run in the team.

You carry on making your mind up, I’m happy to chill on the fence since I win nothing by making a decision on a handful of appearances.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

That’s pretty much what I meant - there’s loads of quotes from TM mentioning how we need promotion to keep the Dacks and Lenihans at this club.

Id rather continue to sit on the fence personally - he hasn’t offered anywhere near what we’ve paid for him but that’s no reason  suggest a 20 year old is finished. So from my perspective 47er- you’re well off the mark.

Lowe had over 100 appearances in different positions, and even Big Sam continued to put Andrews in when he took over Ince.

All you’ve achieved with those two examples is prove that Brereton has never even had a decent run in the team.

You carry on making your mind up, I’m happy to chill on the fence since I win nothing by making a decision on a handful of appearances.

Morning pal, hope you had a good Christmas?

Quick one- whilst, I’m not writing Brereton off, or encouraging anyone else to do so, how long are you giving him before you start expecting him to justify his purchase?

4 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Its a circular argument--Brereton isn't good enough to be picked, therefore, you argue, we can't judge him because he never plays!

Classic Harry!

Just now, K-Hod said:

Quick one- whilst, I’m not writing Brereton off, or encouraging anyone else to do so, how long are you giving him before you start expecting him to justify his purchase?

Not before he's had a long run in the team apparently K-Hod! Doesn't matter about how many points we sacrifice as a result of course.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t think time aka months/years matter- it’s simply appearances.

At this stage, it would take a major injury streak or drop in form from 2 or 3 others to guarantee him those starts and opportunities. Making a prediction based on an assumption is difficult.

Just now, 47er said:

Its a circular argument--Brereton isn't good enough to be picked, therefore, you argue, we can't judge him because he never plays!

Classic Harry!

The circular argument point is the only nail you’ve hit on the head so far. It’s all been done, over and over, it’s tedious and it’s a classic line of criticism for a handful of posters on BRFCS.

You're welcome to judge who you want. Similarly to how I’m happy to not make my mind up yet and not tell others to “get real” and join my view.

Just now, 47er said:

Not before he's had a long run in the team apparently K-Hod! Doesn't matter about how many points we sacrifice as a result of course.

Points we sacrifice? The whole argument you’ve started came from his last appearance, that we won 2-0. 

Too much Christmas “spirit”?

Edited by Harry The Bass
  • Like 1

Two  big games coming up if we are still unbeaten  at the start of January  the pressure  will go up a level on TM and the Venkys.  If they flex there muscles and have a really good go in the transfer  window i think we could go up . But if they stand still and  they stick and we end  up slipping  down the league fans will feel let down again . Come Venkys  give us a chance theres nothing too fear in this league  3 or 4 quality  signing and we could be back in the Big Time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think our better players are in for a rude awakening if they think they're better than Blackburn Rovers. 

There isn't one player in our side that I'd peg to play in the Prem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

How many do you need?

See the full quote - it’s a prediction on an assumption.

We should’ve got more by now for his investment, however I’d be more concerned if he’d had a decent run in the side and contributed nothing.