BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Stuart said:

Maybe you are both right. Dack’s agent could have agreed a wage package, with Mowbray possibly even aware (we know how loyal he is to his players), but the clubs not yet agreed a transfer/fee?

That is the usual way transfers happen.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

What do you want to know?
Three Wigan players went into the Rovers dressing room at full time to check on Dack. He had already been taken into the medical rooms - but  Rovers players in the dressing room told them directly that he had a deal agreed with WBA with a wage of nearly 50K a week.
Those Wigan players told me. 

Thanks for sharing your info

Just now, J*B said:

That is the usual way transfers happen.

It is providing everyone is aware that the agent is speaking with another club. Otherwise it is illegal.

Strange that we played Dack against Wigan if Mowbray did know.

Just now, Stuart said:

It is providing everyone is aware that the agent is speaking with another club. Otherwise it is illegal.

Strange that we played Dack against Wigan if Mowbray did know.

I don’t think it’s that strange - in fact I suspect it’s pretty normal.
I would hazard a guess that Dacks agent was approached by WBA, he spoke to them about a potential deal, then spoke to Dack to let him know the rough terms and to find out if he would be interested. Dack then spoke to Mowbray. The next stage is the long transfer negotiation. We can’t not play him in December because WBA might come up with the money to buy him in January. 

• Like 3

So if this is accurate (and those Wigan players were not lying) how long has Dack known? The club shouldn't be sending players to hospitals, etc (as they did jist before christmas) if they know they are about to leave it must put them in an uncomfortable situation. Or for that matter putting them at risk where they might end up in the hospital. If FUP is handicapping the club to point of having to sell Dack obviously he shouldn't have been selected in December. Do people want those crooks to impose another transfer ban?

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m trying to reconcile suggestions that our entire recruitment strategy depended on selling Dack. Bit of a gamble. And one that we lost by the looks of things.

Dack shouldn’t be speaking to anyone before going to Mowbray. That’s called ‘tapping up’ and sanctions should now be placed on WBA if proven.

Do you think Venkys would let that happen? They did something when Jones was tapped up and illegally leaked his clause figure. If Dack does not have a clause however it is a bit different.

Edited by Vinjay

@Stuart I accidentally deleted your post - but 90%+ of transfers happen by the club going to the player/agent directly first. It’s the only way to work out whether it’s worth pursuing a player  through a window. 
What clubs don’t like is Clubs continuing that convocation after they’ve been told their bid is either miles away or they don’t want to sell. 

In my opinion the club knew Dack had a move on and had transfers lined up based on the money they expected to receive. Now that’s broken down, Tony has come out today and said we need to sell to buy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vinjay said:

Do you think Venkys would let that happen? They did something when Jones was tapped up and illegally leaked his clause figure. If Dack does not have a clause however it is a bit different.

Again, that’s different because Venkys told United that Phil Jones wasn’t for sale and to stop contacting them. 

Just now, J*B said:

@Stuart I accidentally deleted your post - but 90%+ of transfers happen by the club going to the player/agent directly first. It’s the only way to work out whether it’s worth pursuing a player  through a window. 
What clubs don’t like is Clubs continuing that convocation after they’ve been told their bid is either miles away or they don’t want to sell. 

In my opinion the club knew Dack had a move on and had transfers lined up based on the money they expected to receive. Now that’s broken down, Tony has come out today and said we need to sell to buy. 

You are trying to excuse the league rules with “what goes on”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping_up

Clubs don’t have to tell other clubs not to tap players up.

However, I think you’re right that it goes on.

So...

Mowbray should not have played Dack but instead played the ‘he needs a rest’ card.

We are now in big trouble if we need to make £10m - or whatever number we had in mind for Dack. Who else can we sell - the only players worth anything, and who others would want to buy are those we would want to keep...

Lenihan, Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, Nyambe. Not many others.

Just now, Stuart said:

You are trying to excuse the league rules with “what goes on”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping_up

Clubs don’t have to tell other clubs not to tap players up.

However, I think you’re right that it goes on.

So...

Mowbray should not have played Dack but instead played the ‘he needs a rest’ card.

We are now in big trouble if we need to make £10m - or whatever number we had in mind for Dack. Who else can we sell - the only players worth anything, and who others would want to buy are those we would want to keep...

Lenihan, Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, Nyambe. Not many others.

I just don’t think we will sign anyone.
Probably offload some fringe players, but they’ll play either Holtby or Rothwell is Dacks position - OR play 442. You can’t account for a 10m+ player getting injured for 12 months.

I think we will probably sign Cunningham because that’s a transfer that’s already set up. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Probably offload some fringe players, but they’ll play either Holtby or Rothwell is Dacks position - OR play 442. You can’t account for a 10m+ player getting injured for 12 months.

I think we will probably sign Cunningham because that’s a transfer that’s already set up. 

You don't think we sign anyone in January then apart from Cunningham?

Just now, J*B said:

Signing Cunningham in January is a waste. He can’t play this season. Injuries put paid to deals all the time. ;) 

Mowbray doesn’t seem to trust anyone but Dack to play number 10. He has the opportunity to do that today and instead played Armstrong and Gallagher. Playing Holtby, foolishly, as a wide player and Bennett in the middle.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You don't think we sign anyone in January then apart from Cunningham?

I’ve been told there’s a deal in principle to sign Cunningham, so they’d be stupid to not take them up on it.
As a side note I believe when Cunningham returned to Cardiff and asked Warnock if he could do rehab in Blackburn, Warnock responded by saying “I couldn’t care less where you do it!”

• Like 1

J*B has shared some very interesting stuff with us about a possible move for Dack to WBA.

It beggars belief that some are giving him the third degree over it!

IMO, far more insightful than anything Sharpe puts in the LT.

We should be grateful.

• Like 8

Just now, Stuart said:

Signing Cunningham in January is a waste. He can’t play this season. Injuries put paid to deals all the time. ;) 

Mowbray doesn’t seem to trust anyone but Dack to play number 10. He has the opportunity to do that today and instead played Armstrong and Gallagher. Playing Holtby, foolishly, as a wide player and Bennett in the middle.

I don't mind playing 2 up front but then you need to play Rothwell wide left and Bennett on right and its gives you more balance. Holtby and Buckley didn't provide any width at all

Just now, J*B said:

I’ve been told there’s a deal in principle to sign Cunningham, so they’d be stupid to not take them up on it.
As a side note I believe when Cunningham returned to Cardiff and asked Warnock if he could do rehab in Blackburn, Warnock responded by saying “I couldn’t care less where you do it!”

Thanks Josh for sharing your info. 

I agree with signing Cunningham personally. 

Need a loan left back in to cover for Bell hopefully leaving

Just now, Mercer said:

J*B has shared some very interesting stuff with us about a possible move for Dack to WBA.

It beggars belief that some are giving him the third degree over it!

IMO, far more insightful than anything Sharpe puts in the LT.

We should be grateful.

That's not hard. My questions were fair and legitimate simply asking where he got the info from.

Just now, Vinjay said:

That's not hard. My questions were fair and legitimate simply asking where he got the info from.

I wouldn’t mind but you of all people can probably guess exactly where it came from, too!

• Like 1