BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I just don’t think we will sign anyone.
Probably offload some fringe players, but they’ll play either Holtby or Rothwell is Dacks position - OR play 442. You can’t account for a 10m+ player getting injured for 12 months.

I think we will probably sign Cunningham because that’s a transfer that’s already set up. 

completely agree Josh

10 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Wow. This is a straight-out, limbs-stretched wide knockout. An absolute knockout.

We have to gamble, we have to try and find the untested, unknown diamond in the rough in January and hope for a miracle to replace Dack. There is no alternative. No one - not one staff member, not one fan can believe the current team without Dack can challenge for promotion. 

I do.

• Like 1

Interesting circumstances around Dack. I didn’t take from the manager that we have no money full stop. But that we didn’t have the millions lying around to replace our star man.

I do think it means we may have to sell someone else in the summer to balance the books.

I also didn’t know we had a deal for Cunningham agreed...when did that happen? 

11 hours ago, J*B said:

I just don’t think we will sign anyone.
Probably offload some fringe players, but they’ll play either Holtby or Rothwell is Dacks position - OR play 442. You can’t account for a 10m+ player getting injured for 12 months.

I think we will probably sign Cunningham because that’s a transfer that’s already set up. 

So you dont think we will sign anyone......but then go on to say we will sign Cunningham? 

Which Wigan players stood you about Dack to WBA and what was the context? I asked you earlier,but you didnt answer. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So what, dont sign him?

Don’t sign him. Sign a left back who can perform this season.

1) Can we get by without Cunningham? Not really, unless Mowbray sticks to playing Downing but even then he is likely to be in and out.

2) Is Cunningham good enough for the PL? Would we have to sign a new one?

3) Have we given up this January, despite being so close to the play-off paces? Again.

Only option 3 makes signing Cunningham a good idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

1) Can we get by without Cunningham? Not really, unless Mowbray sticks to playing Downing but even then he is likely to be in and out.

3) Have we given up this January, despite being so close to the play-off paces? Again.

Option 3 would be what I expect to happen.....

In essence the season Is over as far the management and club will be concerned.....

I hope I am wrong , I can see fringe players moving in January (if possible) but that is all....

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, J*B said:

I wouldn’t mind but you of all people can probably guess exactly where it came from, too!

12 hours ago, Vinjay said:

How would I have known it came from Wigan players?

Joe Garner (Wigan striker) is from the Ribble Valley.

J*B is from the Ribble Valley. 
My guess is that they both know each other?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

So going off point 2, you are pretty confident about promotion? Wouldn't have thought it!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Nyambe injured. Bennett as cover.

Cunningham (not ours...yet) injured. Downing as cover.

Lenihan (injury prone). No cover.

Tosin (not ours) back to City. Williams as cover.

Walton (not ours...yet)

This is the state of our defence. It's a right royal fuck up.

"Defenders are coming"

Your post makes little sense. How is there no cover for Lenihan if Tosin and William's are here?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So going off point 2, you are pretty confident about promotion? Wouldn't have thought it!

Confident, no, but it’s a scenario to consider when contemplating buying a player who isn’t likely to play until 2020/21.

We certainly won’t be promoted if we don’t fix the defensive frailties that previous windows have left us with.

Just now, Stuart said:

Confident, no, but it’s a scenario to consider when contemplating buying a player who isn’t likely to play until 2020/21.

We certainly won’t be promoted if we don’t fix the defensive frailties that previous windows have left us with.

I think he could do a job. Hes a top championship left back. I dont see us signing anyone better from the UK or ireland. Not for the fee being mentioned. Maybe from abroad, but no reason to think thats a possibility. He is driving the move because he wants to move back to Lancashire

I think he is back in march anyway,so we might get a few games out of him. 

Your post makes little sense. How is there no cover for Lenihan if Tosin and William's are here?

Well Williams can’t cover both so he had to pick one with “no cover”.

Our defence is indeed in a bad state.

• Like 3

I think he could do a job. Hes a top championship left back. I dont see us signing anyone better from the UK or ireland. Not for the fee being mentioned. Maybe from abroad, but no reason to think thats a possibility. He is driving the move because he wants to move back to Lancashire

I think he is back in march anyway,so we might get a few games out of him. 

So we park any play-off ambitions this season because of Cunningham?

Just now, Stuart said:

Well Williams can’t cover both so he had to pick one with “no cover”.

Our defence is indeed in a bad state.

Any team would be in trouble if their 2 starting centre halves were injured. We aren't unique there. Would liverpool struggle without Van Djik and Matip?

We need another centre half,but it seems people arent counting tosin, arguably our best player, because he is on loan. Its odd.

Any team would be in trouble if their 2 starting centre halves were injured. We aren't unique there. Would liverpool struggle without Van Djik and Matip?

We need another centre half,but it seems people arent counting tosin, arguably our best player, because he is on loan. Its odd.

He didn’t say he wasn’t counting Tosin, only that Williams was his cover (ie. Williams covers both him and Lenihan)

Where is Adarabioyo and what was/is the injury? I don’t like these mysterious injuries to players. The fact he is on loan makes it more suspicious. Guardiola might be in talks to bring him back. It would be ironic if our transfer budget came from compensation for a terminated loan. Although for the money paid he has been a better signing than Cunningham. How long did it take for him to ‘get up to speed’ though?

Just now, Stuart said:

He didn’t say he wasn’t counting Tosin, only that Williams was his cover (ie. Williams covers both him and Lenihan)

Where is Adarabioyo and what was/is the injury? I don’t like these mysterious injuries to players. The fact he is on loan makes it more suspicious. Guardiola might be in talks to bring him back. It would be ironic if our transfer budget came from compensation for a terminated loan. Although for the money paid he has been a better signing than Cunningham. How long did it take for him to ‘get up to speed’ though?

I didnt specifically mean that poster.

Of course he has been a better signing ,Cunningham got injured. 

Out of interest,what makes Tosins injury "mysterious"? Maybe there is more to it, time will tell. I remember last january Abraham almost joined wolves, so I mean someone could be in for him. It wouldn't be that surprising. Hes a great player. If he played the last 2, we are winning at least 1.