Jump to content

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

A couple of months ago I would have thought when he comes back Dack play centrally with Armstrong left, but given Brereton's improvement we have a genuine problem now. 

If everyone's fit our best team is probably that below : 

-------------------------Kaminski

Nyambe-----Lenihan-----Williams-----Douglas

----------Holtby-----Johnson-----Rothwell

-----------Eliott-----Armstrong---Brereton

I can't really see dropping any of the forwards or mids if fit - all of them are good value for their places. So I guess Dack will just come in wherever injuries or suspensions happen. Sure that will happen pretty quickly though given we have two games a week through November and December.

With Dack though once he is fit, he has to be in the team, him and Armstrong are the 2 main attacking players. Holtby, an improved Brereton and Rothwell all have their strengths but in terms of consistent performances and output, Dack is in a league of his own compared to them 3.

If Dack does not fit into the side within the current formation, we might need to tweak it to get him in. Having Dack and Armstrong together should massively reduce the current over reliance on the latter. 

I would also have Travis in there, as well as Ayala at CB over Williams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair point Chaddy , think JB summed it up well on twitter  Link   Imagine the negotiations between Venkys and Levy. Insane. Levy: We will give you 10m. 2m upfront, 8m when we win the le

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here. Barring a couple of

Bradley's very good but I'm not sure there will be plays about him in 2,000 years time. 

Posted Images

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree there. Places have to be earn in the team by performing well. No one should have guarantee place. 

Well by that token, neither is Armstrong.

In his Rovers career, Dack has scored and produced consistently and with regularity, as has Armstrong in 2020, both to a level that considerably outweighs the importance and the consistency of the other players I mentioned. Assuming that there are no mitigating circumstances, it is Armstrong, Dack and 9 others. Obviously if either had a prolonged bad spell of form, then maybe that might change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Well by that token, neither is Armstrong.

In his Rovers career, Dack has scored and produced consistently and with regularity, as has Armstrong in 2020, both to a level that considerably outweighs the importance and the consistency of the other players I mentioned. Assuming that there are no mitigating circumstances, it is Armstrong, Dack and 9 others. Obviously if either had a prolonged bad spell of form, then maybe that might change.

Correct. By Armstrong has performed and scores 12 goals this season already. 

For me, we bring Dack slowly into the team and use him from bench for a few games. Anything from Dack in the remaining 2020 games is a bonus considering the couple of setbacks he had

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead

I know he hasn’t played for ages, but I think people are forgetting how vital to us Bradley Dack is, he’s still the best player at the club.

Therefore, he needs to start as soon as he is able to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree there. Places have to be earn in the team by performing well. No one should have guarantee place. 

You disagree with Mowbray then, as he pretty much said that he would have one in his Sky interview on Saturday...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Correct. By Armstrong has performed and scores 12 goals this season already. 

For me, we bring Dack slowly into the team and use him from bench for a few games. Anything from Dack in the remaining 2020 games is a bonus considering the couple of setbacks he had

Christ, obviously Dack is gonna be reintroduced slowly till he's fully fit, but as soon as he is he'll be starting. Let people be excited by the return of our best player. Wasn't too long ago we were struggling to score against Forest, Cardiff, Swansea etc, Dack will be the first name on the teamsheet when he's fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I know he hasn’t played for ages, but I think people are forgetting how vital to us Bradley Dack is, he’s still the best player at the club.

Therefore, he needs to start as soon as he is able to.

I think he has to play for us, as soon as he is playing better than who he replaces.

Edited by rigger
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I know he hasn’t played for ages, but I think people are forgetting how vital to us Bradley Dack is, he’s still the best player at the club.

Therefore, he needs to start as soon as he is able to.

I don't really agree to be honest. Everyone thought we were buggered when Dack for injured but we went on a great run without him. He's a top player but it's not a given he will be better than the existing players, especially coming back from a major injury.

Ultimately we need the best team out there. Sure he will fit in somewhere it's just tricky to figure out where that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dack will score more in a season than BB, SG, Elliot & Rothwell put together. First name on the team sheet very week. 

How Mogga adjusts his team to accommodate him is the interesting bit. Maybe we will go 4-2-3-1 again but with Dack a bit deeper than he used to play?

                

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't really agree to be honest. Everyone thought we were buggered when Dack for injured but we went on a great run without him. He's a top player but it's not a given he will be better than the existing players, especially coming back from a major injury.

Ultimately we need the best team out there. Sure he will fit in somewhere it's just tricky to figure out where that is.

The thing is that Armstrong had just begun scoring but even then, across his absence overall we have not consistently picked up a competitive number of points.

When you compare him to the players who might be most at risk ie Holtby, Rothwell and Brereton. None of them are or have ever impacting/impacted games like Dack did for us consistently. When you take Armstrong out of this team there is very little goal threat.

The new style of play I think should suit Dack too, he is technically very good and he naturally presses. If teams back off to prevent Armstrong having space then Dack is better than anyone in the increased spaces that will arise. 

The only real doubt is the injury but there is no reason at this moment to expect him to be the player he was before once he is back up and running again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Dack will score more in a season than BB, SG, Elliot & Rothwell put together. 

How Mogga adjusts his team to accommodate him is the interesting bit. Maybe we will go 4-2-3-1 again but with Dack a bit deeper than he used to play?

                

I think a 4-2-3-1 could potentially get our best 2 players in central positions which would be really good. We could then have Elliott on one side, Brereton/Rothwell/Rankin Costello on the other and then 2 from Johnson, Trybull, Holtby and when he returns Travis to sit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Dack will score more in a season than BB, SG, Elliot & Rothwell put together. First name on the team sheet very week. 

How Mogga adjusts his team to accommodate him is the interesting bit. Maybe we will go 4-2-3-1 again but with Dack a bit deeper than he used to play?

                

That's the way I see it , same formation as now with Dack the most advanced of the midfield three. Could do with his timed arrivals in the box and finishing, no other player is offering us this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slowmo said:

That's the way I see it , same formation as now with Dack the most advanced of the midfield three. Could do with his timed arrivals in the box and finishing, no other player is offering us this.

Its all about covering the pitch effectively though, the 433 has been at its best with Rothwell and Holtby either side of Johnson as they cover loads of ground. When you only have 3 I'm the middle your workrate needs to be exceptional and they have provided that.

When we switched to two sitters with Evans and Trybull and Buckley in the hole the 433 for a game or two the formation lost its dynanism as the two sitters just didn't cover the ground. Midfield just got bypassed. Think the same sort of thing could happen with Dack if we try and put him in the hole. Suddenly you need two sitters and it messes with the balance.

Reckon if Dack does play in the midfield it will probably be a straight swap for Holtby. Rothwell is just so good carrying the ball from deep you can't really drop him. Shame though as Holtby is class. And then also we've got to find somewhere for Travis to fit in.... Obviously could drop Johnson but he has been excellent.

When everyone's fit we have really good midfield and attacking options for this level... It's been a long time since we've been able to say that. Just need the injury list to be less ludicrous.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

                      Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Douglas

                 Rothwell  Travis

       Elliot          Dack        Brereton

                      Armstrong

 

Maybe Johnson over Rothwell if we are against a better side.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

                      Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Douglas

                 Rothwell  Travis

       Elliot          Dack        Brereton

                      Armstrong

 

Maybe Johnson over Rothwell if we are against a better side.  

Rothwell tough enough to play there?  I don't want to be over-cautious but that side looks too attacking for me!

Shudder to think of TM" reaction! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

                      Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Douglas

                 Rothwell  Travis

       Elliot          Dack        Brereton

                      Armstrong

 

Maybe Johnson over Rothwell if we are against a better side.  

That is a team, can't wait for Dacky to be back ?

If we can keep everyone fit/Covid free, and Mowbray completely changes his ethos and vastly improves his managerial capability, we may have a shot at the play-offs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.