BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Great news and unexpected to hear that Dack has signed a longer contract.

I do fear that he will be squeezed into a midfield 3 which doesnt suit him but I cannot wait to see him back as soon as possible. He is a goalscorer so the number 10 role is perfect, and ultimately he shouldn't be compromised to benefit inferior players.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do fear that he will be squeezed into a midfield 3 which doesnt suit him but I cannot wait to see him back as soon as possible. He is a goalscorer so the number 10 role is perfect, and ultimately he shouldn't be compromised to benefit inferior players.

He played in midfield 3 and score goals and assists for Gillingham there so when not here?.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Great news and unexpected to hear that Dack has signed a longer contract.

Bradley Dack gives hint on new-look Blackburn Rovers role | Lancashire Telegraph

According to Dack he's also played deeper. It was the No.10 that was new to him until he came to Rovers. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He played in midfield 3 and score goals and assists for Gillingham there so when not here?.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bradley Dack gives hint on new-look Blackburn Rovers role | Lancashire Telegraph

According to Dack he's also played deeper. It was the No.10 that was new to him until he came to Rovers. 

Mainly because Dack has been consistently brilliant for us as a number 10. Regardless of the glory years at Gillingham. His numbers are so high and being a number 10 allows him to make an impact as he does in the final third. He is not someone who controls games and when he drops deep he tends to render himself ineffective.

Its not as if the change of formation has improved our results and cannot be changed, 4-3-3 has not seen us pick up more points and the effectiveness of Holtby and Rothwell is far less than Dack when he is fit to start.

It makes sense to build around our best players, Dack is a 10, Armstrong thrives centrally, Elliott is best on the right and Brereton the left. Have them in a 4-2-3-1 and then Travis can come back in alongside Johnson in CM.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is not someone who controls games and when he drops deep he tends to render himself ineffective.

He's never played there for us to know that. Dropping deep occasionally isn't the same as playing there permanently. Anyway, Dack seems happy to be part of a midfield 3 and he probably knows best. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's never played there for us to know that. Dropping deep occasionally isn't the same as playing there permanently. Anyway, Dack seems happy to be part of a midfield 3 and he probably knows best. 

But he has played consistently as a 10 for us, brilliantly, constantly scoring and assisting goals. Why change what was never broken? And logically, moving him further away from goal could limit his main strength.

He didnt say he would prefer to play there, Bennett always publically said that he was happy to play right back, doesnt mean that he would personally have picked there, 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

But he has played consistently as a 10 for us, brilliantly, constantly scoring and assisting goals. Why change what was never broken? And logically, moving him further away from goal could limit his main strength.

He didnt say he would prefer to play there, Bennett always publically said that he was happy to play right back, doesnt mean that he would personally have picked there, 

If we don't play with a 10 then he's no choice.  All we know is what Dack has said in the article  "Creating from a little bit deeper is something I really enjoy doing"  

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If we don't play with a 10 then he's no choice.  All we know is what Dack has said in the article  "Creating from a little bit deeper is something I really enjoy doing"  

Of course, that is the main issue. For me, I dont see any overwhelming reason to continue with the 4-3-3 if it means any compromise to Dack, a consistent source of goals and assists from a number 10 role, to essentially help far less effective and inferior players, and when the team isnt any more successful playing that formation.

Putting Dack as a 10 gives us another major goal threat and him and Armstrong together could be prolific, and it would potentially mean a second central midfielder would add a bit more solidity. Win win for me.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Of course, that is the main issue. For me, I dont see any overwhelming reason to continue with the 4-3-3 if it means any compromise to Dack, a consistent source of goals and assists from a number 10 role, to essentially help far less effective and inferior players, and when the team isnt any more successful playing that formation.

Putting Dack as a 10 gives us another major goal threat and him and Armstrong together could be prolific, and it would potentially mean a second central midfielder would add a bit more solidity. Win win for me.

I think he's a natural goalscorer, better than AA. So I'd play him as a 10 every time. But playing him as the most advanced of the 3 CM's may work if he can get into the box a lot. The only concern about playing him as a 10 is that he might not be as effective without a target man like Graham to play off and/or it might nullify AA a bit as Dack would take his space. Who knows? I just don't see Mowbray changing the 4-3-3 as he's a stubborn old mule. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mainly because Dack has been consistently brilliant for us as a number 10. Regardless of the glory years at Gillingham. His numbers are so high and being a number 10 allows him to make an impact as he does in the final third. He is not someone who controls games and when he drops deep he tends to render himself ineffective.

Its not as if the change of formation has improved our results and cannot be changed, 4-3-3 has not seen us pick up more points and the effectiveness of Holtby and Rothwell is far less than Dack when he is fit to start.

It makes sense to build around our best players, Dack is a 10, Armstrong thrives centrally, Elliott is best on the right and Brereton the left. Have them in a 4-2-3-1 and then Travis can come back in alongside Johnson in CM.

His numbers were high playing with Graham and direct style. Now we playing different formation and style. Will his numbers be as high? Let's hope so for Rovers. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who says you are compromising Dack's source of goals by playing him as part of 3 man midfield? 

Surely until he plays there you cannot properly judge that. 

• Moderation Lead

It’s alright for one practice match, but it seems to me that the very idea of moving Bradley Dack further back, where he is likely to score less goals, seems to be completely counter productive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My theory is simple, why change a position for a key player that worked, to benefit lesser players and to stick to a formation that has not improved results?

Hes not some brute who can only play long ball either.

Did it only worked cos of us playing direct style with Graham being the focus point in terms of goals?.

We will only see how we will play going forward. 

Dack signing a new contract is a major bonus. No leaks about it so it was totally surprise and welcome one

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s alright for one practice match, but it seems to me that the very idea of moving Bradley Dack further back, where he is likely to score less goals, seems to be completely counter productive.

Sure.sign that a player is losing his pace or his stamina.  Personally, I don't think he has the engine for 90 minutes in midfield.   

Mowbrays conundrum is to make sure Armstrong doesn't stop scoring bec6Dack is back. I'd  be happy for him to go in Jan for 20m if there was a guarantee of it being spent on the defence and central midfield.

There have been times this season when I've worried about Dack's return and whether it would take a month or 2 before we could find a way of accommodating him, to allow him to score regularly but also start to beat all teams, not just the relegation fodder. 

I now believe that he's our only hope of any play-off push, as it has been the genuine quality to do it when it matters, that we have lacked all season.    

It's make or break, and if he's fit, he has the quality to make the difference against many of the teams we play in the next 6 weeks. 

How fit is he???? We'll see over Christmas...or as someone said earlier, against Doncaster. 

Edited by garnersfags