Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

On 25/01/2021 at 08:38, Mattyblue said:

“He’s back... and he’s done it”

Classic. Up there with:-

"He haunts Leeds again. A sensational ending - even by Shearer's standards"

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

An evening game around Xmas sometime in the 1990s I think was the coldest for me. Minus 5 sticks in my mind but it must have been closer to minus 10. A friend of ours who didn't follow football came with us. He was on holiday from his job in Saudi Arabia. I nearly died of cold. He didn't complain.

3 hours ago, bazza said:

An evening game around Xmas sometime in the 1990s I think was the coldest for me. Minus 5 sticks in my mind but it must have been closer to minus 10. A friend of ours who didn't follow football came with us. He was on holiday from his job in Saudi Arabia. I nearly died of cold. He didn't complain.

Might that have been an evening game, Boxing Day 95 vs Man City?  That'd win my vote, the car reckoned something like -7 as we left it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Wimbledon away in the League One season is genuinely the coldest I have ever been in my life. Was during the "Beast from the East", think it was about -5c but felt more like -10c with the wind chill.

It was a cold night - I'm still amazed they managed to keep the game on.

Good Night though!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Wimbledon away in the League One season is genuinely the coldest I have ever been in my life. Was during the "Beast from the East", think it was about -5c but felt more like -10c with the wind chill.

I went to the winter Olympics in Pyongchang that year. That was when they had to cancel events because it was too cold even for winter sports

This is the first time 'Bradley' or 'Dack' has appeared this page! Lads, there's a nostalgia thread for all things 20th Century Rovers!

Is it just me or does anyone else still not know where Dack is supposed to play in this system? There doesn't seem to be a place for a goal-scoring #10 other than starting way too far back...

Edited by Riverside under the drip

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

That's a great shout. It was bitterly cold, certainly the coldest have been watching Rovers but a few weeks earlier we were scheduled to play Gillingham away and the game was called off a few hours before. We were on the train to London when we heard and had a scheduled return so we scoured the games on in London and decided to go to Barnet v Wycombe. That was seriously cold and it was only on the train back that I got some feeling back in my extremeties. 😃😃😃

On 25/01/2021 at 17:04, Boroblue said:

Coldest Oldham away 1981. Open end I think I froze to the floor and didn’t break free till spring

Was this the one we lost 5-0. Seem to rember 6 foot deep snow drifts at side of the road above oswaldtwistle on the way there

• Like 1

On 25/01/2021 at 12:08, oldjamfan1 said:

Aye it was bloody freezing on that open terrace

Was that the match Brotherston scored. I can remember watching the snow come over the hills - straight at the away fans in the uncovered away end. If I remember right - they allowed Rovers fans to move to covered seating area (we were lucky to be in the stand)

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Was this the one we lost 5-0. Seem to rember 6 foot deep snow drifts at side of the road above oswaldtwistle on the way there

No , that 79 relegation season....this one we won 3nil with Norman Bell scoring ....Boxing day or new year meant to be played at Ewood and was swapped to Oldham .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Was that the match Brotherston scored. I can remember watching the snow come over the hills - straight at the away fans in the uncovered away end. If I remember right - they allowed Rovers fans to move to covered seating area (we were lucky to be in the stand)

I think so mate yeah

• 1 month later...