BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

36 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Surprised by the lack of mention about Dack's injury , since after the match.

If true, gutted for him .

That would be 3 years of his prime and development gone .

Can you come back from these 2 injuries , the same player ?

Should do as it is the other knee. Be more concerned if it was the same one

8 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Interesting the mention of Shearer - personally I thought he lost some pace after his first injury. Without the injury I think he would have gone down as one of the worlds greatest strikers- not just England.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

It seemed innocuous, but devastating for the player. I know he will get the best treatment, but can he ever come back the same player, I hope so. Best wishes.

It was an innocuous incident, as was the case in the Wigan game.

Unfortunately, Dack must be susceptible to this type of injury.

To me he's looked like he was struggling a bit to find fitness in his comeback. Then again though he's just one of those types of players. In days gone by it wouldn't matter as much he'd still be the best on the pitch even with a beer gut.

The demands have changed now though and with certain body types it's very hard to get to and maintain top fitness levels. A lot of comparisons with Shearer but big Al was young when he did his ACL.  A bit older when he did his other bad injury but he's was always going to be a more stationary target man as he got older anyway. He already had all the attributes.

It's amazing what they can fix with modern techniques now though so i'm sure he'll be back. His talisman days - brief as they were anyway - are probably over but he won't bother about that he'll just want to play again at any level. He's a good little player but gets a little overblown in the minds of a few Rovers fans.  A fit Dack is a great asset to have though.

All the best to him.

19 hours ago, slowmo said:

Surprised by the lack of mention about Dack's injury , since after the match.

If true, gutted for him .

That would be 3 years of his prime and development gone .

Can you come back from these 2 injuries , the same player ?

It has happened , but as you say, it's a lot of time missed 

17 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think it's the nail in the coffin for a group of players that even though things have gone sour lately, gave us some really good times. 

In our league 1 season, Graham, Mulgrew, Dack and yes Mowbray actually allowed me to love Blackburn Rovers again. And Rovers are part of who I am. Since a kid. The Venkys coming in and taking that away felt like a slow death of part of me. 

I've grouped those 4 together. But in reality, Dacky was well above the other 3. Yes his talent but he also played with a smile and his charisma was infectious. You could see spread throughout the club and into the fanbase. Reigniting a passion for something which is a defining part of who I am is why this latest injury hits hard. The first one did. This one is just gutting. 

Hopefully he will come back the player he is. It's a long road. Heroes often take on unfortunate paths. Thinking back to Matty Jansen. It's never an easy road and that's why we all follow this club. Fingers crossed he can come back and enjoy his football again as he was starting to and totally deserves.

Well put. I would agree with that. Definitely my favourite player of the post PL days. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well put. I would agree with that. Definitely my favourite player of the post PL days. 

For sure, the one highlight of TMs reign. This fella might not be PL quality but he has been a talisman for us in difficult times. 

• Like 4

I think Dack could play PL. Could see a promoted team taking a gamble on him. He has that x-factor that I think would lead to a manager taking a chance on him. Even as an impact sub,you could thrown him on and he might make something happen

Unlikely it will happen if this injury is as bad as feared though 

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Realistically then we're probably looking at the opening day of the 22/23 season before he's fully fit and starting again.

I'd write next season off to be honest and get himself right before rushing back.

He'll be nearly 29 by then. Poor bloke; you would think this is his PL dream gone at least.

• Like 1