BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

The only thing we can hope is that he follows the path of other double ACL victims who went on to be very successful

Imagine the fear of returning after that.... could you ever trust your knees again? 

Constantly thinking "is it going to go"

I think the only positive is that it's not the same knee which almost certainly would of knocked him out of the game forever?

He seems pretty strong minded so I have faith! 

Edited by Dontfuckwithcats

On 16/03/2021 at 16:18, Bigdoggsteel said:

What a blow this is. Any hope of us selling him for circa 20 million also gone now you would imagine. All we can hope is he comes back and contributes to the team

It is what I posted at the time, Raya recklessly and cynically cost our club one its prize assets, and possibly ended the career of a special footballer. The ref bottle it, and Rovers literally count the cost. Shocking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It is what I posted at the time, Raya recklessly and cynically cost our club one its prize assets, and possibly ended the career of a special footballer. The ref bottle it, and Rovers literally count the cost. Shocking.

Sorry, but I don’t accept this.

It was an absolute freak incident.

Raya was obviously taken unawares and, at worst, stuck his knee out a bit.

Penalty? Quite possibly, but certainly not serious foul play.

You could even describe what Dack tried to do as a bit odd and not something you see as a regular occurrence during games.

The impact looked fairly innocuous, as was the case when he sustained the injury against Wigan.

Dack is obviously susceptible to this type of injury.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Sorry, but I don’t accept this.

It was an absolute freak incident.

Raya was obviously taken unawares and, at worst, stuck his knee out a bit.

Penalty? Quite possibly, but certainly not serious foul play.

You could even describe what Dack tried to do as a bit odd and not something you see as a regular occurrence during games.

The impact looked fairly innocuous, as was the case when he sustained the injury against Wigan.

Dack is obviously susceptible to this type of injury.

Fair enough. 

I stick by my assertion that the consequences of the foul perpetrated on Dack are to be borne entirely by the club and the player himself, financially, professionally and without any notion of culpability on the player who inflicted the injury. 

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Fair enough. 

I stick by my assertion that the consequences of the foul perpetrated on Dack are to be borne entirely by the club and the player himself, financially, professionally and without any notion of culpability on the player who inflicted the injury. 

No chance. Has never worked that way, even in instances where serious foul play was involved.

It’s a great shame, but just a totally freak accident.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, martonrover said:

No chance. Has never worked that way, even in instances where serious foul play was involved.

It’s a great shame, but just a totally freak accident.

Actually it wasn't a freak accident. Raya clearly fouled Dack. That the officials missed the infringement doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was a pressurised situation, sure. It was heat of the moment and unusual, sure. It was a deliberate action on the part of David Raya (to prevent Dack reaching the ball, rather than deliberately seeking to inflict an injury), I am sure it was. It was not 'an accident' it was a foul. And that foul cost this club its player and the value of that player on the transfer market. Simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Actually it wasn't a freak accident. Raya clearly fouled Dack. That the officials missed the infringement doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was a pressurised situation, sure. It was heat of the moment and unusual, sure. It was a deliberate action on the part of David Raya (to prevent Dack reaching the ball, rather than deliberately seeking to inflict an injury), I am sure it was. It was not 'an accident' it was a foul. And that foul cost this club its player and the value of that player on the transfer market. Simple as that.

Well rightly or wrongly, it wasn’t given as a foul. That is a fact.

As you have conceded, it certainly was not serious foul play with intent to injure.

If it happened the other way around, ie our goalkeeper and their forward, I doubt people would be getting so emotive about it.

It’s a great shame, but a total freak. 
No goalkeeper is expecting a player who is off the pitch, behind the goal to do that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'd certainly have made the effort to attend Court if my licence was at risk and if I was on his money would have employed a high powered brief to try and avoid disqualification.

Still, I suppose he can comfortably afford a chauffeur and his recovery from the latest injury is more pressing.

You'd also have to say you'd have thought the authorities would have better things to do than ban people from driving at 68 in a 60 mph zone on a motorway regardless of his previous driving record.

All the best to him in his recovery. When it rains it pours I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd certainly have made the effort to attend Court if my licence was at risk and if I was on his money would have employed a high powered brief to try and avoid disqualification.

Still, I suppose he can comfortably afford a chauffeur and his recovery from the latest injury is more pressing.

You'd also have to say you'd have thought the authorities would have better things to do than ban people from driving at 68 in a 60 mph zone on a motorway regardless of his previous driving record.

All the best to him in his recovery. When it rains it pours I guess.

Completely off topic but I saw the speeding penalties the other day and was rather shocked at their severity. Being caught doing over 100mph results in a 2 year ban, 3 months wages fine and x points. A long time ago, I was once sent a photo of me doing 130mph on the entry ramp to a motorway, despite taking pride of place of my speed mantel board, I got 3 points and about a £100 fine. When did they become so severe?

68 in a 60, a motorway as well is hardly ban worthy imo. The rozzers should try catching criminals.

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Completely off topic but I saw the speeding penalties the other day and was rather shocked at their severity. Being caught doing over 100mph results in a 2 year ban, 3 months wages fine and x points. A long time ago, I was once sent a photo of me doing 130mph on the entry ramp to a motorway, despite taking pride of place of my speed mantel board, I got 3 points and about a £100 fine. When did they become so severe?

68 in a 60, a motorway as well is hardly ban worthy imo. The rozzers should try catching criminals.

They did. They caught you.
If you think driving at that speed is something to brag about you need to take a close look at yourself. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Dack wasn't banned for doing 68 in a 60 per se. He was banned under the totting up procedure. Typically, 11 points is the maximum allowed, and 12 points generally tips a motorist into a period of disqualification.

Dack was on 14 points prior to his latest episode, which means that he seemingly avoided being banned on a previous occasion, probably by using a clever lawyer, lots of mitigation and a promise to be a good boy from now on etc.

He is now theoretically on a whopping 17 points and a ban is entirely warranted.

I assume your "rozzers" comment was a somewhat light hearted, stereotypical anti police comment. Road users everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief that the menace that is Bradley Dack behind a wheel will be chauffeur driven for a while. 

Oh, the rozzers did catch a criminal a few years ago when Dack attacked one of them and was convicted of assault and criminal damage.

I yield to no one in my admiration of Dack as a footballer, but come on!

• Like 7