BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• Backroom

It'll be interesting to see how Dack is slotted back into the team. We're currently doing pretty well without him. I suppose if Rothwell goes in January there's a place for him there, but he and Rothwell are quite different players so it'd probably require some rejigging of our shape which would make me nervous under the current manager.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BRFCS.com said:

Not long until Dack's back, but where should we play him? Have a read of some of the options laid out in Matt's article here and then let us know what you think below ...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/to-dack-or-not-to-dack./160

Bit of an issue really

A few people have remarked how he is probably most suitable to the false 9 or one of the deeper central roles

Im concerned about the amount of pressing he would be expected to do in Buckley’s position

I think he will most likely be used as an impact player in his return, one of the front 3, for the final 20/30 minutes.

No issue at all for me.

He is made for that Buckley role. He does press well even if its maybe not his best attribue like Buckley, although we arent a constantly pressingly team.

He is such a good player when fit, definitely a better all round player than Buckley who himself is really developing. We are very reliant on Brereton to score, Dack will give us a regular source of goals whereas Buckley is very poor in front of goal, and his passing is also very good.

Obviously we shouldnt and neednt rush him back so sub at first, but when fit he definitely makes the team.

22 minutes ago, BRFCS.com said:

Not long until Dack's back, but where should we play him? Have a read of some of the options laid out in Matt's article here and then let us know what you think below ...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/to-dack-or-not-to-dack./160

Was the content meant to be posted twice?

Dack starts in the false nine with khadra/markanday one side and Ben the other  leaving Buckley rothwell and trav fighting it out for the two midfield places depending on who/where we are playing bringing travis on to sure up games for rothwell or rothwell on to open games up if we need a goal etc

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No issue at all for me.

He is made for that Buckley role. He does press well even if its maybe not his best attribue like Buckley, although we arent a constantly pressingly team.

He is such a good player when fit, definitely a better all round player than Buckley who himself is really developing. We are very reliant on Brereton to score, Dack will give us a regular source of goals whereas Buckley is very poor in front of goal, and his passing is also very good.

Obviously we shouldnt and neednt rush him back so sub at first, but when fit he definitely makes the team.

Maybe it’s just my interpretation but part of the reason why we’ve been far better this season is creating chances with less possession? Ie countering from chances forced through pressing?

I agree with everything else you say, I just think it may be more suitable now to use him in one of the forward roles as sub, as opposed to that number 10/ F9 role 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Maybe it’s just my interpretation but part of the reason why we’ve been far better this season is creating chances with less possession? Ie countering from chances forced through pressing?

I agree with everything else you say, I just think it may be more suitable now to use him in one of the forward roles as sub, as opposed to that number 10/ F9 role 

When he is fully fit and firing, Dack starts for our team 100%. 

We often are an attacking threat starting from deeper than Buckley although his ability to nick the ball high up is his main strength so I do get totally what you arr saying.But Dack can press too and there tends to be more at the end of it. It would also suit him the way we play with 2 forwards splitting and giving him space to break into. We need another goal threat beside Brereton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It wasn't that long ago I thought it was unthinkable to drop Ayala.

Dack will have his work cut out to make the starting 11 though, at least for a good while.

That a really good point about Ayala. The irony of it is that it's probably the most injury free he's been for years and can't get a game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That a really good point about Ayala. The irony of it is that it's probably the most injury free he's been for years and can't get a game.

And his lack of game time is probably the reason he's been so injury free.

• Like 3

On 20/01/2022 at 21:24, superniko said:

Do we have any idea when he might be back in a squad?

Yesterday felt like a game where we missed his energy and creativity. 

He's likely to line up for the U23s tonight ... long way to the first teram and full fitness from there but a first competative game would be a great milestone.

• Like 1