BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Godlike Genius of Charlie Mulgrew

6 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Only the other day, he was saying that it (not sure exactly what) was feeling tight after coming on against Sheffield Utd...yet he still goes with Scotland...and plays!

Bollux!

He was talking about his calf which was the injury that kept him out for a few games.

I was wracking my brains and I can't remember Mulgrew going off injured during a game under Mowbray. His injuries have been when on International duty or in training. He was taken ill before the away game at Northampton.

Guess we are going to have to hope that Rodwell is what he says, a better CB than CM. What I cannot understand is that we have a hundred midfielders with many unable to get a game but we didnt really strengthen at the back. I thought we had lists, so if Bauer was A, where were the rest of them?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Guess we are going to have to hope that Rodwell is what he says, a better CB than CM. What I cannot understand is that we have a hundred midfielders with many unable to get a game but we didnt really strengthen at the back. I thought we had lists, so if Bauer was A, where were the rest of them?

Exactly. Why was Bauer our only alternative ?

Numerous articles online with quotes from Mulgrew saying he and many other players are under pressure from their club managers to withdraw from meaningless international games. Sounds like pretty sensible advice if you ask me and point proven if his injury is serious. He was literally just back from an injury and a week or two off from these internationals wouldn't have done him any harm. Sounds a bit stubborn to me

https://www.google.ie/search?q=charlie+mulgrew&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjStIzvv4DeAhUSca0KHQDpBGMQ_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=626 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Numerous articles online with quotes from Mulgrew saying he and many other players are under pressure from their club managers to withdraw from meaningless international games. Sounds like pretty sensible advice if you ask me and point proven if his injury is serious. He was literally just back from an injury and a week or two off from these internationals wouldn't have done him any harm. Sounds a bit stubborn to me

https://www.google.ie/search?q=charlie+mulgrew&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjStIzvv4DeAhUSca0KHQDpBGMQ_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=626 

Im not sure we can really complain. Scotlands game yesterday was a competitive one, so he was always going to go. He also reiterated I believe that he wants to play for Scotland for as long as possible.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure we can really complain. Scotlands game yesterday was a competitive one, so he was always going to go. He also reiterated I believe that he wants to play for Scotland for as long as possible.

He was just back from an injury though and had only played 45 minutes for us in around 3-4 games. The sensible option would have been to take the week to recover. I do understand that isn't easy though, especially with a competitive game, although I bet he would have went whether it was competitive or not 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was just back from an injury though and had only played 45 minutes for us in around 3-4 games. The sensible option would have been to take the week to recover. I do understand that isn't easy though, especially with a competitive game, although I bet he would have went whether it was competitive or not 

He started v Bolton too. Yeah he probably would, seems to love playing for his country so theres no way we can stop him really.

• Backroom

If he's determined to play for a hopeless Scotland team to the detriment of his health and club then fine, but it's another reason we should be looking to replace him rather than keep offering him extensions. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 09:42, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not meaningless..theyre qualifiers of sort