BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes contract bought out again.

Blow-in

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree.

In other news I spotted that the next Wayne Rooney notched yesterday in Scottish League 2.

I don't know how the bastards can sleep at night.

25 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Clearly got some serious issues this guy. Someone with a lot of regrets I'd imagine. If not now, one day he is going to look back and think WTF have I done

Insufficient grey matter to contemplate that.

Absolute scumbag of the highest order this guy just goes places to get paid off, why football tolerates and gives a home to vermin like this I've really no idea. I said he'll end up on skid row one day in the future this guy and I maintain he will.

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2018 at 11:14, FGS5635 said:

Clearly got some serious issues this guy. Someone with a lot of regrets I'd imagine. If not now, one day he is going to look back and think WTF have I done

This is what doughnuts can do to you. Pop into the transfer thread, and you'll find that Nick Powell and Jack Byrne are the ones with attitude problems!

Someone on here suggested that Mowbray's mention of the "one problem at the club" that he "eliminated" was in reference to Stokes. I reckon he was just a small part of it. I suspect it was the whole culture that Coyle set into the club that was the problem. Some suggested that Bowyer's tenure oversaw a holiday camp for the players, but Coyle's antics were on another level. What a horrible time that was. It's hard to believe that even this time period wasn't as bad as when Kean was here. ?

I'd be inclined to think Mowbray was referring to the 'just do enough and it's good enough' culture in the club which would fit in with Bowyers time (not all his fault) and of course Coyle who quickly took it down another peg or three.

Remember Lambert tried to reverse it instantly and rumours of the poor little lambs not liking the new tough regime came filtering out.

It needed the rot stopping, the fungus cutting out and disgarding then new foundations laying which is what TM and his crew have done. Players etc no longer come to Rovers just for a wage they now have expectations placed on them to actually earn it.

19 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

This is what doughnuts can do to you. Pop into the transfer thread, and you'll find that Nick Powell and Jack Byrne are the ones with attitude problems!

Someone on here suggested that Mowbray's mention of the "one problem at the club" that he "eliminated" was in reference to Stokes. I reckon he was just a small part of it. I suspect it was the whole culture that Coyle set into the club that was the problem. Some suggested that Bowyer's tenure oversaw a holiday camp for the players, but Coyle's antics were on another level. What a horrible time that was. It's hard to believe that even this time period wasn't as bad as when Kean was here?

Probably true, we had some great pros here when Kean took over and were a mid table Premier league team. The disintegration of standards before Mowbray arrived was evident for all to see 

Archived