• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raya

Bennett        Downing       Mulgrew        Bell

Smallwood      Lenihan

Armstrong   Dack   Payne

Graham

Plenty of energy up and down the flanks from full back, tenacity and energy in defensive midfielders, Mulgrew given the opportunity to step forward and dictate play as and when and a fluid forward 4.

2 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The fanzone is a great initiative. There was a live band on when we played Wigan. Stuff for kids too. It’s something you don’t see at many other grounds.

Not for away fans it isn't. Who cares if they sell slightly more beer. This ties into my other remark about too much acknowledgement, etc. You're not supposed to roll out the red carpet I couldn't care less about a screen for away fans.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Not for away fans it isn't. Who cares if they sell slightly more beer. This ties into my other remark about too much acknowledgement, etc. You're not supposed to roll out the red carpet I couldn't care less about a screen for Blackpool fans.

Of all clubs I don't hold a particular grudge against Blackpool fans. If they showed as much hospitality for Burnley fans then there'd obviously be a bit of resentment.

If any fan of Blackpool wants to come and spend their money in my club they are more than welcome too.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Not for away fans it isn't. Who cares if they sell slightly more beer. This ties into my other remark about too much acknowledgement, etc. You're not supposed to roll out the red carpet I couldn't care less about a screen for away fans.

Do you go to away games?

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Of all clubs I don't hold a particular grudge against Blackpool fans. If they showed as much hospitality for Burnley fans then there'd obviously be a bit of resentment.

If any fan of Blackpool wants to come and spend their money in my club they are more than welcome too.

I don't want hospitality for any away fans. As far as I'm concerned visiting fans should be given a seat, toilet facilities and an open concourse. That's it plus medical facilities. Not expecting every team to roll over like cannon fodder but there's too much acknowledgement and respect.

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Do you go to away games?

Not frequently. If so I wouldn't expect a fanzone setup and the red carpet rolled out. Admittedly I don't use fanzones anyway but I might enter the stadium early. Brian Clough once fired a couple of women for laughing after a defeat. Other owners/managers sometimes do minor things and some are complete nonsense superstitions yet people see them as somehow "quirky". So there's nothing wrong with trying to take psychological steps and mentality matters, etc.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Brighton put on a local cask beer from the away club's area... at Ewood we offer them Foster's, so we must be fairly hostile to away fans!

That reminds me of one of the funniest LT articles I've ever read. Brilliant comedy. Best thing Dan Clough ever wrote albeit mostly quoting others anyway.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10182564.Town_leaders_hit_out_as_Blackburn_Rovers_drop_Thwaites_for_Heineken_at_Ewood/

Speaking of funny articles from LT just noticed this more recent one...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16066860.oldham-yob-who-confronted-blackburn-rovers-fans-could-have-caused-ewood-riot/?ref=mr&lp=12

38 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Raya

Bennett        Downing       Mulgrew        Bell

Smallwood      Lenihan

Armstrong   Dack   Payne

Graham

Plenty of energy up and down the flanks from full back, tenacity and energy in defensive midfielders, Mulgrew given the opportunity to step forward and dictate play as and when and a fluid forward 4.

Aside from Dack, Lenihan has been our best player for the past 2 matches so we need to keep him at centre half. Smallwood is now past the 10 yellows cut off (I believe) so hopefully he'll show some more tenacity in centre mid alongside Bennett.

Other than Downing for Nyambe, that's the 11 I'd go for.

36 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I don't want hospitality for any away fans. As far as I'm concerned visiting fans should be given a seat, toilet facilities and an open concourse. That's it plus medical facilities. Not expecting every team to roll over like cannon fodder but there's too much acknowledgement and respect.

Not frequently. If so I wouldn't expect a fanzone setup and the red carpet rolled out. Admittedly I don't use fanzones anyway but I might enter the stadium early. Brian Clough once fired a couple of women for laughing after a defeat. Other owners/managers sometimes do minor things and some are complete nonsense superstitions yet people see them as somehow "quirky". So there's nothing wrong with trying to take psychological steps and mentality matters, etc.

As a paying customer I want the best experience possible and the host club should want me to come back by making that experience the best they can. Friendly stewards, comfortable seating and unobstructed view are just some of the things I look for. Reading have an away team DVD on their concourse before the game and other clubs do things which are pertaining to your club. 

If my local supermarket became a bad experience I wouldn't go back there.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/march/blackpool-ticket-update/

Canny move from the club, 'Pool fans can buy direct from Rovers, presumably means no 5% cut for BFC..

Interesting idea. Anyone ever heard of this happening before?

I presume they are attempting to attract the NAPM Blackpool fans who will not buy from their own club. Most Blackpool fans who don't mind giving money to the Oystons have probably bought their tickets already.

However, it's also 'pay on the day' at £26.00 so they are actually reducing the income by £2.00 per ticket by offering sales in advance.

At least it shows initiative.

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

As a paying customer I want the best experience possible and the host club should want me to come back by making that experience the best they can. Friendly stewards, comfortable seating and unobstructed view are just some of the things I look for. Reading have an away team DVD on their concourse before the game and other clubs do things which are pertaining to your club. 

If my local supermarket became a bad experience I wouldn't go back there.

Yeah but you don't go to a local supermarket approximately once a year with indefinite gaps inbetween. As long as the away end stewards aren't wielding baseball bats and give me a seat (often used infrequently by away fans anyway) I wouldn't really care about any "tailored" experience. If you let the away fans stand that's more than accommodating enough. I don't care about that much though ironically that's an example home fans cite when being made to sit down, etc. I know some away stewards may be overbearing but that's how it is. The only reason I would be relaxed on away fans standing is so they don't retaliate by doing the same to Rovers. A screen, fanzone, etc being removed in retaliation wouldn't bother me one bit are those essential for those who like the "away days"? I'm not bothered about standing in the away end myself (admittedly extremely infrequent anyway) but can see others who do. Should note it does upset kids and older people and often those swilling the most beer are the ones who don't care.

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Is that a true statement that you have proof of, or just an urban myth you are perpetuating.

Just now, rigger said:

So you are quoting something that you don't even know is true.

We know he was "no nonsense" isn't that evident enough? I've said it wouldn't surprise me if its true. For goodness sake he called Leeds players cheats to their faces first day on the job (talk about adding fuel to the fire considering he was already unpopular there) and there's countless witnesses for that. Is it really unbelievable to think this might be true?

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

We know he was "no nonsense" isn't that evident enough? I've said it wouldn't surprise me if its true. For goodness sake he called Leeds players cheats to their faces first day on the job (talk about adding fuel to the fire considering he was already unpopular there) and there's countless witnesses for that. Is it really unbelievable to think this might be true?

I think you will find he said the Leeds players had cheated their way to the first division title, because they played a brand of football he didn't believe in. He wasn't accusing the actual players, but the system of play.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think you will find he said the Leeds players had cheated their way to the first division title, because they played a brand of football he didn't believe in. He wasn't accusing the actual players, but the system of play.

LOL and you have the nerve to question accuracy of my statements. Only the system of play you really think the players saw it like that? :lol:. I'm not saying Clough was wrong by any means (a lot of people hated Leeds and their image remains the same to this day) but it wasn't conductive to starting a fruitful relationship!

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

LOL and you have the nerve to question accuracy of my statements. Only the system of play you really think the players saw it like that? :lol:. I'm not saying Clough was wrong by any means (a lot of people hated Leeds and their image remains the same to this day) but it wasn't conductive to starting a fruitful relationship!

I cannot say how the players saw it, as I wasn't there. But it must have been electric.

41 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah but you don't go to a local supermarket approximately once a year with indefinite gaps inbetween. As long as the away end stewards aren't wielding baseball bats and give me a seat (often used infrequently by away fans anyway) I wouldn't really care about any "tailored" experience. If you let the away fans stand that's more than accommodating enough. I don't care about that much though ironically that's an example home fans cite when being made to sit down, etc. I know some away stewards may be overbearing but that's how it is. The only reason I would be relaxed on away fans standing is so they don't retaliate by doing the same to Rovers. A screen, fanzone, etc being removed in retaliation wouldn't bother me one bit are those essential for those who like the "away days"? I'm not bothered about standing in the away end myself (admittedly extremely infrequent anyway) but can see others who do. Should note it does upset kids and older people and often those swilling the most beer are the ones who don't care.

Vinjay, do you ever consider anybody else's opinion other than your own?

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Aside from Dack, Lenihan has been our best player for the past 2 matches so we need to keep him at centre half. Smallwood is now past the 10 yellows cut off (I believe) so hopefully he'll show some more tenacity in centre mid alongside Bennett.

Other than Downing for Nyambe, that's the 11 I'd go for.

I thought my formation and team selection would be ideal for Blackpool at home GSR and who knows after?

In my minds eye, I can see both Bennett (Emmertonesque) and Bell in similar vain, ploughing up and down the flanks both as attackers from deep but defending when necessary. Smallwood and Lenihan as the defensive guards in midfield and at the back we'd still have Downing and Mulgrew. Up front we have a quartet that if they are mobile enough, should be capable of frightening all opposition to death.

Frankly and IMO, we have all the tools to win the next 10 games and guarantee promotion. We need that mentality to be instilled throughout the team and that that should be the objective.

If we had a player as cute as James Vaughan in terms of winning free kicks in key places, then Bonnie Prince Charlie would have 20 plus goals to his name and we'd already be up.

Are these super boycotters who slag off Rovers fans bringing loads again like the cup game despite only taking a few hundred everywhere else or are they all sticking to their principles this time ?

Archived