BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

That 1875 membership hasn’t really worked for away ticket priority. There’s only been one game that hasn’t gone to general sale and that was fleetwood away (Wimbledon explained by moving to midweek and Bristol rovers was surprising). Even Fleetwood would have been season ticket with away caps and membership.

So next season if go up there won’t be any game that doesn’t go to general sale so it will be pointless as a priority tool. Even if stay down I can see a combination of massive disappointment and lack of new ground bounce lowering away attendances across the board. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone that went to either of the previous beam backs at Blues help me? I bought tickets for this one over the weekend and on the online ticketing system it allocated me a seat number. Does this actually correspond to an actual seat in Blues, or is it just for the online ticketing system with unreserved seating in Blues? I'm only asking as my dad has decided that he'd like to come with us, but he doesn't want to end up sat on his own.

I'd say there will be a few changes for this game. Personally I think there should be. 

Travis right back, Bennett in the middle instead of Evans. I was going to say Smallwood, but I think without him we lack something. I would also start Samuel and Antonnson as the wingers, with Armstrong up front. I would rest Graham. Have him fresh and ready to go for Peterborough 

Not sure if ToMo will make as many changes. My gut says conservative Tony will be out in force and he will start the same team as much as possible for the remaining games. 

I can't see that a match thread has been started yet, if it has, apologies.

This particular fixture presents an opportunity to both throw down the gauntlet to our 2 rivals for the top 2 spots and exorcise some demons from many years past.I don't recall the exact date for the fixture at Eastville but 'It was on that famous Saturday the second day of May.......' and that still resonates almost as much as 'Glad all Over'!

I hope TM has our lot re-invigourated and we're at 'em from the off and for the remaining 90 minutes.

Looking forward to the day out and 3 points. COYB!!

Team I'd go for is: 

3-4-1-2                  Raya                                                             

Lenihan       Mulgrew      Williams                                                                                                                         

Bennett         Evans     Whittingham     Bell

Dack

Graham        Armstrong

Bench: Leutwiller, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Conway, Payne, Nuttall.

CM needs freshening up a bit, would rotate Smallwood out for this one.

Raya

Caddis - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Bennett - Evans

Payne - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

Get as many pro-active players on the pitch as possible (including Bell over Williams). Go out and make things happen. I don't want to see slow, ponderous, let's keep it tight and hope something happens. Go and impose ourselves. We are 4 points clear. Let's see a bit of freedom.

The caveat is that this won't happen, and it I fear the nerves will nibble and nibble at us.

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Team I'd go for is: 

3-4-1-2                  Raya                                                             

Lenihan       Mulgrew      Williams                                                                                                                         

Bennett         Evans     Whittingham     Bell

Dack

Graham        Armstrong

Bench: Leutwiller, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Conway, Payne, Nuttall.

CM needs freshening up a bit, would rotate Smallwood out for this one.

3 at the back for us frightens me to death.

If pushed, I'd go for:

Raya

Travis       Mulgrew    Williams     Bell

Bennett    Dack    Lenihan     Conway

Armstrong     Graham

Bench: Leutweiller, Smallwood, Payne, Nuttall, Downing.

In that formation, both Bennett and Conway can tuck inside allowing Bell and Travis to overlap as and when desired, could revert to a 4312 as and when with Dack as the '1' but I think we'd get the best out of the Armstrong/Graham partnership as a front 2.

The one certainty for me would be dropping Evans. Would also have to decide on Conway, Bell (some people say they would pick him ahead of Williams and others ahead of Conway) and you could even consider moving Lenihan into midfield with Downing at CB. Looks like TM sees his place as centre back though so I probably wouldn't change that coming off recent clean sheets, etc. I'm not sure about Bell/Williams as Bell's a recent signing and admittedly I haven't watched every game he's played here intensely. I'm pretty sure this isn't a case of Lenihan/Downing where you can't justifiably leave the former out. Probably go with Williams going off the clean sheets recently not that it was exactly difficult against Bradford and I watched that game. Even the official site noted neither Gillingham or Rovers looked like scoring. 

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

3 at the back for us frightens me to death.

If pushed, I'd go for:

Raya

Travis       Mulgrew    Williams     Bell

Bennett    Dack    Lenihan     Conway

Armstrong     Graham

Bench: Leutweiller, Smallwood, Payne, Nuttall, Downing.

In that formation, both Bennett and Conway can tuck inside allowing Bell and Travis to overlap as and when desired, could revert to a 4312 as and when with Dack as the '1' but I think we'd get the best out of the Armstrong/Graham partnership as a front 2.

So start 2 players centre midfield in a new formation for the first time this season? mmm, not sure about that to be honest. Funny how is every match thread, someone comes on and takes time to suggest a team that we have not played all season, it will probably still be happening at the Oxford game. I want Smallwood and Gladwin upfront for that one if we are already promoted or Champions. Bennett in goals, obviously. 

Were missing Bennetts energy from midfield and have a young capable right back..dont get the reluctance to play Travis. Apart from that red card he seemed more than capable. Tomlinson also seems to be out of the picture after a promising start. Again Bell should be our left back over Williams with Willams covering centre back or 3 at the back. 

Raya

Travis  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Payne

Graham

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, benhben said:

Were missing Bennetts energy from midfield and have a young capable right back..dont get the reluctance to play Travis. Apart from that red card he seemed more than capable. Tomlinson also seems to be out of the picture after a promising start. Again Bell should be our left back over Williams with Willams covering centre back or 3 at the back. 

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Payne

Graham

Yep that’s about the team I would go for 

Expecting another draw but this game is nowhere near as daunting as it could have been if Shrewsbury won last night 

32 minutes ago, benhben said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Payne

Graham

Ya, thats a good team, arguably our strongest.

I was just thinking there, I have a strong feeling he is going to start Whittingham. Hopefully center mid and not on the wing :huh:

Very tricky one this is and i'm almost certain he'll set out to protect the point again rather than be adventurous and try and nail them. Still we should have enough to get something here.

BRFC 1   BRFC 1

Nervous times ahead :huh:

Just now, tomphil said:

Very tricky one this is and i'm almost certain he'll set out to protect the point again rather than be adventurous and try and nail them. Still we should have enough to get something here.

BRFC 1   BRFC 1

Nervous times ahead :huh:

Ya, it will be tight ,with us trying to nick it I would imagine 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So start 2 players centre midfield in a new formation for the first time this season? mmm, not sure about that to be honest. Funny how is every match thread, someone comes on and takes time to suggest a team that we have not played all season, it will probably still be happening at the Oxford game. I want Smallwood and Gladwin upfront for that one if we are already promoted or Champions. Bennett in goals, obviously. 

Ya, and you suggest what having never seen a bloody match?

Edit: apologies for the knee jerk reaction to your post but the sentiment remains. I'm wound up and touchy.

My post was my view and opinion based upon how I would change things for the forthcoming fixture at Bristol Rovers. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but it's just pre-match chat and debate. Have you ever been involved in that Bigdog face to face with Rovers fans?

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will never apologise for that. I do think that some that post don't realise or appreciate the depth of meaning that Rovers have to our personal heritage and town.

It's great that we've still got 'supporters' from wherever but they can't truly feel what 'WE feel'. or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tbf we've played 3 at the back a few times the second half of the season with mixed results so its not really a new formation.

Didn't think it was that fanciful a team selection, swap Smallwood for either the two CM's and its a team we've played before.

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Tbf we've played 3 at the back a few times the second half of the season with mixed results so its not really a new formation.

Didn't think it was that fanciful a team selection, swap Smallwood for either the two CM's and its a team we've played before.

What? The formation he suggested was 4-4-2 with Dack and Lenihan in the middle of midfield 

Not sure what you're talking about there to be honest 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What? The formation he suggested was 4-4-2 with Dack and Lenihan in the middle of midfield 

Not sure what you're talking about there to be honest 

See my edit pal, don't want to fall out with anybody but have you ever taken the time out to consider what Blackburn Rovers truly means to the people of Blackburn and Darwen and adjusted your posts accordingly?

The club means the world to me, my family and friends and has for generations.

36 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Edit: apologies for the knee jerk reaction to your post but the sentiment remains. I'm wound up and touchy.

My post was my view and opinion based upon how I would change things for the forthcoming fixture at Bristol Rovers. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but it's just pre-match chat and debate. Have you ever been involved in that Bigdog face to face with Rovers fans?

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will never apologise for that. I do think that some that post don't realise or appreciate the depth of meaning that Rovers have to our personal heritage and town.

It's great that we've still got 'supporters' from wherever but they can't truly feel what 'WE feel'. or am I wrong?

Just now, darrenrover said:

See my edit pal, don't want to fall out with anybody but have you ever taken the time out to consider what Blackburn Rovers truly means to the people of Blackburn and Darwen and adjusted your posts accordingly?

The club means the world to me, my family and friends and has for generations.

Wow. Let me guess, you voted leave didn't you? 

You suggested 4-4-2 with Dack and Lenihan in the middle, I said that was strange considering we don't play 4-4-2 and neither of those players play center midfield for us. Not really sure what your rant is about and not going to give it much more thought. 

Enjoy the game tomorrow 

39 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Your wrong

Archived