BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Promoted!

• Backroom

One of my best childhood memories is Wembley 92 - I posted a photo on twitter tonight of me as a 7 year old at Wembley in the yellow.

I hope tonight and this season a new generation have made memories to last a lifetime, these times don’t happen too often!

Yes!!!

We’ve done it...

So much to be positive about! With lots of young players, the academy thriving and finally we can look forward - we have potential.

Would he good to see Ewood packed for the next match, let’s show everyone we are back in business!

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mogga and the Boys smashed it in the end!

Full credit to Shrewsbury. They pushed and pushed until they finally cracked in the last few weeks. I hope they join us in the Championship. It's been a thrilling promotion race but our quality and resolve told in the end.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97229/congratulations

They tried, bless' em, but the bitterness seeped through.

Great win well done TM and Rovers though..... you still threw that dummy Samuel on when we were chasing that vital goal shows how poor this league is.

Thank you Charlie boy !

We are the Rovers !

3 minutes ago, JAL said:

Great win well done TM and Rovers though..... you still threw that dummy Samuel on when we were chasing that vital goal shows how poor this league is.

Thank you Charlie boy !

We are the Rovers !

And then we scored.

Stick to slagging off the youngsters JAL, you’re better at it. :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And then we scored.

Stick to slagging off the youngsters JAL, you’re better at it. :rolleyes: 

What where or are the probabilities of a Dominic Samuel goal as each passing minute goes by ?

Slim very slim !

• Backroom
9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Some of those lads are drowning in salt. Some decent posts on there too though. I'll be rooting for Shrewsbury in the playoffs as none of the others have really earned the right to play in a higher division next season, but now that we're promoted I can't say I'm overly bothered either way :) 

• Backroom
11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

"Any chance of a points deduction? "

?

That is some high level straw grasping.  

I did want them to go up through playoffs,  as feel they deserve it.

But having read some of that, am now leaning towards hoping they get dicked in a Wembley penalty heartbreak. 

But maybe I shouldn't let a minority sway me.

And what exactly is their problem with Mowbray? Have I missed something? Tony not usually the type of manager to ruffle feathers. 

Just now, Silas said:

"Any chance of a points deduction? "

?

That is some high level straw grasping.  

I did want them to go up through playoffs,  as feel they deserve it.

But having read some of that, am now leaning towards hoping they get dicked in a Wembley penalty heartbreak. 

But maybe I shouldn't let a minority sway me.

And what exactly is their problem with Mowbray? Have I missed something? Tony not usually the type of manager to ruffle feathers. 

Ya, I really don't get their comments about Mowbray. Perception eh 

• Backroom

I was also baffled by some of their comments on Mowbray. Surely one of the least offensive human beings to exist, let alone football manager?  

The other part that confused me was saying we'd taken financial strength "to another level". The amount we paid for Samuel was basically cancelled out by the sale of Steele, then there's Bradley Dack £750k... not sure how much Gladwin cost? Too much either way but at most we've spent between 1.5-2m which surely isn't unreasonable for a club just relegated from the Championship. Granted we also pay wages that other clubs in this league couldn't afford, but again I wouldn't say at an unreasonable level for our size club, particularly with a lot of our higher paid players being on contracts signed when we were a league higher. It's not like we're Manchester City buying a superstar for every position. 

Archived