BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football League TV rights

Speaking of checkatrade. Is it back to our  u23s next season or is it still the " first team". In fact are we even in it ?

All I know is it means the world to me and mowbray better not throw this cup aswell :D ( if we are in it )

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Speaking of checkatrade. Is it back to our  u23s next season or is it still the " first team". In fact are we even in it ?

All I know is it means the world to me and mowbray better not throw this cup aswell :D

I think Checkatrade was U21s rather than U23s and it was PL sides only.

Just now, Stuart said:

I think Checkatrade was U21s rather than U23s and it was PL sides only.

I thought it was something to do with the status of your academy and then after premier league teams a few championship got invited in ?

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought it was something to do with the status of your academy and then after premier league teams a few championship got invited in ?

Quite right. Boro, Fulham, Sunderland and Reading were in it.

Perhaps we will be allowed to play some of our U23s in it. That would be a good test for them.

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/june/checkatrade-trophy-invited-under-21-teams-confirmed-for-201718/

Just now, Mattyblue said:

16 PL/Championship clubs with a Category 1 Academy are invited.

Usually only a handful are Championship academies.

If there is any fairness about it, we will replace Sunderland. Let’s see how even handed and consistent the EFL are...

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Stuart said:

If there is any fairness about it, we will replace Sunderland. Let’s see how even handed and consistent the EFL are...

I didn’t expect us to be in it last season and thought it would have been interesting to see how our young lads did but like this season we went out early 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I didn’t expect us to be in it last season and thought it would have been interesting to see how our young lads did but like this season we went out early 

Sorry Tom. I’m not sure your point in response to my post?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sorry Tom. I’m not sure your point in response to my post?

Just that we were in it before as an academy and we went down Sunderland replaced us so they were pretty even handed.

If I recall there was a reason we got in though did some teams decline the invite?

Archived